Leak Detector Alarm / Siren

ronvond

I want to employ a siren / alarm to warn me of water on my basement floor.  I am using a 2852-222 leak sensor that I would like to trigger an alarm in the event of flooding.  I am using ISY 994i Pro with z-wave with the current 4.7.3 firmware and UDI.  Can the 2868-222 be controlled via ISY?  If not, is there perhaps another alarm that would do the job?

Thanks,

Ron

2 minutes ago, ronvond said:

I want to employ a siren / alarm to warn me of water on my basement floor.  I am using a 2852-222 leak sensor that I would like to trigger an alarm in the event of flooding.  I am using ISY 994i Pro with z-wave with the current 4.7.3 firmware and UDI.  Can the 2868-222 be controlled via ISY?  If not, is there perhaps another alarm that would do the job?

Thanks,

Ron

Usually you can go into the add device process and pull down the devices menu to see if it listed.

17 minutes ago, ronvond said:

I checked.  Unfortunately the 2868-222 is not on the list.  So I guess that leaves me with two choices:

Perhaps find a z-wave alarm that could be used.  Suggestions?

Wait for ISY 5.x.x to become the new standard.  Any idea when?

Thanks,

Ron

If you have no Insteon modem it may not be listed or it's possible it will work anyway.

Now we will need somebody with actual experience to weigh in here.

The Siren and Alert modules are not in 4.7.3. They are in the V5 firmware. There maybe a Z-Wave siren you could use. Hope someone can give you some information. As pointed out. If you are strictly Z-Wave and have no PLM. You can't do anything with it through the ISY994i controller.

You could for now. Manually link the Leak Detector to the Siren module and have it directly triggered. I have linked the Siren Module to the buttons on a four scene Mini Remote and triggered it as a test.

Mine are early ones and I believe on a power cycle. They default back to off. Presently sold one maybe different. As mine have two different firmware in them.

1 hour ago, ronvond said:

Thanks,

Ron

You'll need to upgrade to the 5.x.x firmware series to find support for this device (currently at 5.0.14 beta).  This notice appeared in the 5.0.9 alpha firmware release:

0000371 - Full support for Insteon Siren 2868-222

1 hour ago, ronvond said:

Does anyone know when the 5.x.x firmware will be out of the beta testing stage and ready for prime time?

"Prime-time" is relative. I'm all insteon + nodeserver and I've been using V5 on my primary system for +3 years. It works great for me.

Paul

Thanks for the advice Paul.  You mention a "nodeserver".  Is that something unique to V5, and something I would need to employ to make my insteon programs / scenes operable?  That's question 1.  2.)  If  I make a backup of my 4.7.3 system before updating to V5, will I be able to return to my original system is V5 fails? 3.) Are there any particular problems you had with your original upgrade?  4.) And finally, which of the V5 editions are you currently using and would you recommend I try that one, or start with 5.0.0?

Thanks for the advice Paul.  You mention a "nodeserver".  Is that something unique to V5, and something I would need to employ to make my insteon programs / scenes operable?  That's question 1.  2.)  If  I make a backup of my 4.7.3 system before updating to V5, will I be able to return to my original system is V5 fails? 3.) Are there any particular problems you had with your original upgrade?  4.) And finally, which of the V5 editions are you currently using and would you recommend I try that one, or start with 5.0.0?

1) NodeServers are unique and only work under version 5 however they are not required to use scenes or programs. They just add value to let you add additional devices like Ecobee, etc (Non-Insteon). Theres now even Polyglot (NodeServer) Cloud if you have the ISY Portal Subscription.
2) You can always go back to v4.7.3
3) I am on the newest version of v5 Beta and haven’t seen any issues for day to day items.
4) You should always use the latest firmware as it has the latest and greatest features and previous bugs being fixed from older fw versions.

Archived