New Inseton Devices Not Appearing in Portal

smokegrub

13 hours ago, smokegrub said:

I added three new devices to my ISY and they did not appear in the portal until I did a search for ech in the portal. Once they were found by that method they appeared in the portal. Thoughts?

I'm assuming you are talking about a search in the Amazon echo spokens.

Adding devices to an ISY is not enough. You need to add the device in the echo spokens. 

No, that is not what I am referring to. This is prior to opening Alexa and discovering. This is strictly within the portal. The subject devices did not appear in the list of devices until I tried searching for each by name. Then they appeared in the portal list of devices.

1 minute ago, smokegrub said:

No, that is not what I am referring to. This is prior to opening Alexa and discovering. This is strictly within the portal. The subject devices did not appear in the list of devices until I tried searching for each by name. Then they appeared in the portal list of devices.

What list of devices?

Are you referring to the list of devices that shows when trying to add a spoken? (Select Tools | Connectivity | Amaxon Echo | Add device)

Are you referring to the list of devices in ISY Web Access? (Select Tools | ISY Web Access)

Or something else?

Benoit

13 hours ago, smokegrub said:

I added three new devices to my ISY and they did not appear in the portal until I did a search for ech in the portal. Once they were found by that method they appeared in the portal. Thoughts?

Were you already logged into the portal when you were adding the new devices? I have done that before inadvertently, and a logout/login to the portal resulted in the new devices being displayed.

1 hour ago, smokegrub said:

If you had the portal open when you added the devices to your ISY, pressing the refresh button on the ISY portal should add those devices to your device list.

4 hours ago, bmercier said:

What list of devices?

Are you referring to the list of devices that shows when trying to add a spoken? (Select Tools | Connectivity | Amaxon Echo | Add device)

Are you referring to the list of devices in ISY Web Access? (Select Tools | ISY Web Access)

Or something else?

Benoit

In the past when I have added a device to my ISY ans then opened the portal that device has been listed and available for creating a spolen. This time, the three devices I added to my ISY did not appear amng the devies in the portal. I foumd through trial and error that if I used the search feature and the name of the device in the portal a device appeared in the search function and when the search was closed that device then appeared correctly in the portan.

4 hours ago, GlowingHair said:

Were you already logged into the portal when you were adding the new devices? I have done that before inadvertently, and a logout/login to the portal resulted in the new devices being displayed.

Although the portal appeared to be properly logged in if this happens again I will close and reopen the portal. Thanks.

3 hours ago, dbuss said:

If you had the portal open when you added the devices to your ISY, pressing the refresh button on the ISY portal should add those devices to your device list.

I tried the refresh function during this episode and that was of no help.

6 hours ago, smokegrub said:

In the past when I have added a device to my ISY ans then opened the portal that device has been listed and available for creating a spolen. This time, the three devices I added to my ISY did not appear amng the devies in the portal. I foumd through trial and error that if I used the search feature and the name of the device in the portal a device appeared in the search function and when the search was closed that device then appeared correctly in the portan.

The list of devices is loaded from ISY when you open the Amazon Echo dialog (Select Tools | Connectivity | Amazon echo)

Therefore, if the dialog is opened, then you add devices to your ISY, your devices won't be shown in the list. When this happens, just close the Amazon echo dialog and reopen it. The list of available devices will be refreshed.

There is no need to log off.

Doing a search does not help either. I suspect you tried a search, then closed and reopened the dialog, which refreshed the list of devices from ISY.

Benoit

Archived