ISY Finder can't find ISY

I'm running into a problem connecting to my ISY using the ISYFinder Java app and need some help troubleshooting. The ISY994 device does not appear in the ISY Finder window and I am unable to connect to it using the ADD button (I've tried both an HTTP and an HTTPS connection using those ports).  The ISY appears to be working fine otherwise and I am able to connect to it using the Agave app. It is also communicating properly with my ELK system so I know the network connection is fine. I have also tried restarting the ISY but it behaves the same. The ISY is set to a fixed IP address in the ISY and in the router and it shows being connected when I check the clients in my router. I also tried turning off the Windows 10 firewall in case it was firewall problem. The only thing that seems abnormal is the ISY Launcher prints out the follow exception information when it launches -

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\SUPERU~1\AppData\Local\Temp\udi_launcher.state (The system cannot find the file specified)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder.restoreState(Unknown Source)
    at com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder.restoreState(Unknown Source)
    at com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder$7.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks

MMAltair

I finally got it to work but I'm mystified as to what the problem is. If I do an Add from the ISY Finder using my External Internet IP address and port number (the ISY is port forwarded through my router) I was then able to launch the Admin Console. I have no idea why it doesn't connect using my local network IP address but it is likely a computer problem as opposed to an ISY problem. Thanks for you help Paul.

MMAltair

Lilyoyo1,

Yes, everything is on the same network. It's a pretty simple network with a dozen switch attached clients and a bunch of WiFi connected clients but all on the same subnet. I'm using a Windows 10 PC for this but I also have a Mac that I may try to see if it behaves differently.

Thanks

MMAltair

Thanks Michael. This ISY is at a 2nd home and I won't be back to troubleshoot for a couple of weeks. I did try accessing the ISY with another computer (a Mac) and had exactly the same problem. I can access it through the WAN IP address (external IP) for my network using an https: connection with the forwarded port but can't access it on the local network. The Finder doesn't find it an I can't add it using the Add button.

Best Regards

MMAltair

Archived