Keypad switches with Alexa

arw01

Having some trouble getting Alexa to work with a 8 key keypad to operate a light.  This is a 8 key dimmer pad and I have the can lights on the A button.  I cannot get Alexa to work with it as it says the switch is non responsive.

Not sure what to make of that, I deleted it from the ISY portal, re-added and still get the same does not respond message in alexa.

Secret sauce for a keypad?

It didn't hit me until now, Keypad keys have to be controlled by scenes, and can't be controlled directly. If you look at a key in the admin console there is no On or Off command for keys. 

Create a single device scene for the key and try turning that on and off with alexa

Paul

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

How is it currently setup? What steps did you take? Alexa and google home can control the load button as it is seen as a switch. Only the secondary buttons would need to be part of something to get it controlled.

That’s what I thought. Right now I have it set up as a device for Alexa. When I say the keyword, it says not supported. It works fine for other switches I’ve set up. I added the device in myisy, then discovered the device in Alexa.  The device was discovered and I can control it with the app, but when I use the voice command, it doesn't work.

1 hour ago, smarthome_newbie said:

I renamed it to bedroom light instead of bedroom and it worked. I swear I deleted it and added it back multiple times and it didn’t work until I changed the spoken word. Thanks for the help. 

Watch your plurals also. Alexa is very sensitive to 'lights' vs 'light' lately.

2 hours ago, asbril said:
I want Eva Longoria's voice on my Google Home, though if I can use the voice of The Rock then my wife would start using GH.

Alexa can respond with a whispering voice to a whispered request now, why not accents and other languages, like they do now?

I am starting to see how  these units can match the cognitive skills of a human soon.

Sent using Tapatalk

Archived