Trouble with Non-Toggle Mode on 6-way Switch

I'm trying to set the lettered buttons on a 6-way Insteon switch to non-toggle mode to only turn scenes on or off.  The switch works fine when everything is set to toggle.  All buttons turn scenes on and off just fine.  However, when I set the buttons to non-toggle they will not turn scenes on.  However, they will turn scenes off.   I'm making sure the buttons are set as controllers and I've tried changing as many things as I can but it won't work.  

I tried 5.0.14 and 5.015 firmware.  Not sure if that's a problem.  I upgraded to try and get my Z-wave dongle to work (but it doesn't) so I don't want to downgrade and have to reprogram everything.

Any suggestions?  

Okay, so figured out my problem.  I thought NON-TOGGLE [ON] meant that that toggling was turned off.  It means that it sets the button to always toggle ON.  I set it to NON-TOGGLE [OFF] and it sets the button to always turn the scene OFF.  

4 minutes ago, jwm22222 said:

Okay, so figured out my problem.  I thought NON-TOGGLE [ON] meant that that toggling was turned off.  It means that it sets the button to always toggle ON.  I set it to NON-TOGGLE [OFF] and it sets the button to always turn the scene OFF.  

Yes. The non-toggle mode was created so users could pair a set of buttons, one On and one Off.

I avoid most scene usage so mine are all non-toggle On, and I let ISY decide what logic to do. I use my KPL as a keypad for a security system. The combinations also are used for a few other function by detecting different code combinations.

Archived