Support envisalink-4 on polyglot cloud

bilbaomtl

1 minute ago, io_guy said:

That's not cloud.  The API to the EVL is a local API; using a cloud based nodeserver for a local connection defeats the whole point.

io_guy sorry I shoot over my head , but I didnt see the huge différence to host it home or host it on a cloud base server I was thinking it was near enought.

1 minute ago, bilbaomtl said:

io_guy sorry I shoot over my head , but I didnt see the huge différence to host it home or host it on a cloud base server I was thinking it was near enought.

The whole point of local APIs (and some people will only do local exclusively for that reason) is so that there is no dependence on your internet connection.  Yes, you could do it in the cloud, but if the API is local I'd highly recommend a local solution for the nodeserver.  For both internet independence and speed.

Yea I realize what you mean the goal to keep it local since there's not really added value to be online and you add the internet instability in the equation. In an other way my server is a project one (so up-time not that great) and I have a lot of instability with RasberryPI stuff. So at some point my internet is more stable than this from that i was thinking it could have been a good thing.

19 hours ago, brians said:

If your Raspberry Pi is not stable then you either have a defective Pi, or are doing something wrong.

Don't know I got four of them one with a ASTERISK* pbx an other one with a MAME and the one with  evl interface for the isy994. All of them have down period like once a month they crash, I use a 2.5amp power supply and I under-clock the processor so short story I don't trust PI for stuff who require stability.

Don't know I got four of them one with a ASTERISK* pbx an other one with a MAME and the one with  evl interface for the isy994. All of them have down period like once a month they crash, I use a 2.5amp power supply and I under-clock the processor so short story I don't trust PI for stuff who require stability.

I run Asterisk on a Pi(3). Other than rebooting for kernel updates occasionally it’s been 100% reliable - without underclocking.

In total, I have several Pi’s running well (things like Nodelink, the Unifi controller, dedicated DNS servers, ElasticSearch dedicated master node etc).

Sounds like either the power supply is not reliable - or you are using a poor quality SD card. Don’t cheap out of these and the Raspberry Pi will be very reliable.

Agree with Brian and Michael. I have a original B+ and a 2B. The 2B is my "prod" nodelink and ployglot box. I forget about it sometimes because I never log into it. No need. I went through an overclocking period early on but then decided its prod and things already run fast. I had no problem overclocking though. Per Michael's comments I get very good SD card. I've proactively swapped those out once in 6 years.

Paul

Archived