When will PolISY be shipped?

Blackbird

I agree with both Simplextech and MWester. I don't see why all these people think UDI needs an app to "sell more product". The truth is, those focusing on an app aren't interested in taking the time needed to setup and program an ISY. They want ease of use and a pretty interface. 

There are 2 sides to this argument. Those who want automation and work to achieve that goal and those who want control. I see why the control people clamor for an app. They don't want to invest the time needed to achieve automation (some may just want a pretty interface to show off). What they don't understand is what the isy was designed for in the first place which is why UDI never bothered to create an app

For UDI to take the time to build an app it needs to be done where is much better than what mobilinc or anyone else can provide otherwise it's a waste of time/resources and a blow to their reputation. As Simplextech pointed out, a move like that could hurt them with their most ardent supporters as something will have to give. Those looking for form over function are fickle. They're the ones most likely to complain even more since it's still not what they want. Then abandon ship to the "next best thing". Anything short of a control4/savant type look will be a disappointment. 

Agave and Mobilinc are being developed. Those complaining about the time don't realize the work needed to design and develop one. (Command fusion will give you a taste). From what I see, the Agave developer does need to do more (since he is charging a large amount), but he is still working at improving things. I hope UDI doesn't go down the app road but time will tell. 

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Those complaining about the time don't realize the work needed to design and develop one. (Command fusion will give you a taste).

For those that want a GUI and want it "their way" I recommend investing some time with The Home Remote or Command Fusion and learn it's not "easy" which means it takes a lot of time which equals a lot of money if you're hiring staff to do it.

I received notification of shipment but no tracking number. I presume these were shipped with some way of tracking them in case they got lost?

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Just a note about tracking.

With my package, the USPS tracking was mostly on target but somewhat behind and confused about the customs detention.

The Canadian postal tracking still showed my polisy in Vancouver, with a week later expected delivery time, while it was sitting on my porch.

Sent using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, giesen said:

Michel my concern was not about actual delivery time, but that I did not receive a tracking number with which to track the shipment.

I had the same thing.  I guess the shipping notification emails are not setup to include the tracking number.  Go on to to the universal devices website and log in to your account.  Click on 'my orders' then the 'eye' icon next to your order that inlcudes the POLISY.  You should see an popup with you order info including a tracking number.

@giesen,
There were two batches one of which the mailman picked up on Tuesday. The other one was going to be dropped at the post office before they closed on Tuesday. Alas, we got there late. I do apologize.
With kind regards,
Michel
Just to clarify, I wasn't concerned about the timeframe for delivery, but that I had not received a tracking number. Will I receive one at some point, or should a just wait for surprise on my porch?

I had the same thing.  I guess the shipping notification emails are not setup to include the tracking number.  Go on to to the universal devices website and log in to your account.  Click on 'my orders' then the 'eye' icon next to your order that inlcudes the POLISY.  You should see an popup with you order info including a tracking number.
Ah that answers my question. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@upstatemike,

I am so very sorry … we have had so many cases of USPS taking Polisy on a whirlwind tour of the world: from here, to Canada, back to the post office here, back to Canada, and finally to its final destination. So, please do check the history using your tracking number.

With kind regards,
Michel

Last update:

December 30, 2019
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Hopefully when regular business resumes tomorrow they will provide a more meaningful status entry.

Finally got another update. Looks like it has just been sitting in California for the last 8 days and finally got shipped out this morning. Good thing this was sent Priority and not by some slower method!

January 3, 2020, 4:21 am
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
SANTA CLARITA CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item departed our SANTA CLARITA CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on January 3, 2020 at 4:21 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

December 30, 2019
In Transit to Next Facility

December 26, 2019, 8:11 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SANTA CLARITA CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

December 26, 2019, 1:34 pm
Departed Post Office

December 26, 2019, 11:48 am
USPS picked up item

Archived