Looking for a wireless temp sensor for a fridge

ghaynes27

Our fridge died on us and we lost all of our food. I want to avoid having this happen again. What's the best temp sensor that will work on the ISY so I can program it to text me if the temp ever goes up again? My ISY supports z-wave but I'm having a hard time finding something that will work easily. Would like to find something thats $50 or less to handle this.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:42 AM, larryllix said:

CAO Wireless Tags.

Many options to get data into ISY. Alexa direct interrogable with vocal responses, and many ways to push announcements to different devices.

Please elaborate on the options for integration. I see a Polyglot Node Server in the Node Server Store.  Might that be a good option?

Just ordered the hub and some sensors.  They look excellent. 

13 minutes ago, uffy said:

Please elaborate on the options for integration.

Have a look in the Wireless Sensor forum for ideas.  I've used three methods to integrate tag data into my ISY: URL Calling, Kumoapps and finally the Polyglot nodeserver to manage my sensors.  All three ways work; you just need to determine which way best suits your needs and skillset.  For my 2¢, the Polyglot nodeserver offers the most utility, as the tag data is fully native and available to ISY programs.

Please elaborate on the options for integration. I see a Polyglot Node Server in the Node Server Store.  Might that be a good option?
Just ordered the hub and some sensors.  They look excellent. 
I use the built in kumoapp with custom code, published in another thread. Nodeserver is a good option if you have polyglot.

The tag server also has another few methods of sending analogues as well as notifications including having your cell phone app to to you.

Sent using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, uffy said:

Will review their form but probably get lazy and just go the nodeserver route!

Look at all the data the nodeserver provides.  This tag is in my garage in a metal freezer, probably 75 feet from the wireless controller, with no line of sight (the usual walls, doors, etc.) between the freezer and the controller.  These things are awesome.

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.58.14 AM.png

I agree that CAO is likely your best bet. It can notify you via text if something is wrong. ISY integration can be had but from what you describe, the tag and a tag controller will let you not only be notified when your pre set alarm points are exceeded, but can also enable you to log in via the web and check temps anytime as well. Word of advice, CAO now makes a mini zip lock bag for their tag for moisture protection. Like in a fridge. They cost like 10 cents. Make sure you add one for your tag if you go that route.

Edited by glacier991