Help. Mobilinc

danncas

56 minutes ago, MrBill said:

@Michel Kohanim I wondered that yesterday and typed it into google.... this is what I found: https://www.amazon.com/ISY-Optimized-Smart-Home-V3/dp/B076B3BWSD

it seems to be part of the name of the Alexa skill, which makes sense as this is posted in the Alexa section of the forum.... but mobilinc is something else entirely... at least to me.

You are right  Mobilinc is something entirely different. It is an App that allows you to control  the devices that you have in your ISY setup. As I understand it,  there two ways to use Alexa with your ISY, one is with Moblinc Connect, and the other way is ISY Portal.  Personally I have chosen ISY Portal that also gives me remote access to my ISY when I am away from home and I have not tried Mobilinc Connect for several years now.  My understanding is that the end result is the same, but in one case you use the Alexa Skill in your link and in the other case, you use Mobilinc Connect to control your ISY devices. I do use Mobilinc Pro (with ISY Portal).

Archived