Delete Insteon Device from ISY 994 and from PLM

Brand new to ISY, fairly eperienced with Insteon.

I need help with two items:

• How do I remove an insteon device from ISY 994i ver 5.0.16c?
  • Is there a way to delete the Insteon device link from the PLM thrugh the ISY Admin Console?

Thanks for any advice.

15 minutes ago, SESamuels said:

Brand new to ISY, fairly eperienced with Insteon.

I need help with two items:

• How do I remove an insteon device from ISY 994i ver 5.0.16c?
  • Is there a way to delete the Insteon device link from the PLM thrugh the ISY Admin Console?

Thanks for any advice.

Click/select on the device in the admin console device tree. Press the delete key. ISY will look a after all the links.
If you don't have a keyboard use whatever you do, equivalent to a mouse right click, and select delete from the dropdown menu. Sorry. I don't use touchpads.

Thanks for the quick response. Attached is an image of the device tree in my admin console. I selected the Study Chair Lamp and pressed the Delete key on my keyboard, but nothing happened. Did I understand your directions correctly? I recall reading that for a device to be deleted it must be in the Main or Default Folder. If this is correct, I still have not figured out how to move the Study Chair Lamp from the SES_Study folder. Can you suggest next steps?

Thanks

DeleteInsteonDevice20200512.092533.png

Click on the device you want to delete.  Then pick the Delete choice.

If it is in a folder you may have to move it to the main ISY list first. As I have not deleted from a folder yet.

As pointed out it should be removed from the ISY994i and all links in the PLM should be marked as not used.

6 minutes ago, SESamuels said:

Thank dbuss-

Right clicking on the device does not bring up any action selection list or ability to remove or move from the folder. I am stumped.

What do you see when you right click on the other devices in that folder?

Thanks dbuss-

When I right click on any other device it is the same, I do not get a pull down selection menu or an option to move or delete.

When I right click on both the Entry_Exterior and the SES_Study folders I get a pull down with the selections: NEW FOLDER, RENAME, DELETE FOLDER & MOVE FOLDER

If I select MOVE FOLDER I do not get an option to move to the ISY folder. The only option is the opposite folder from the current folder, i.e., When I right click on the SES_Study folder and select MOVE FOLDER from the pulldown, the only option is to move to the ENTRY_EXTERIOR folder.

Question: If I delete the folder withe the Insteon devices, will this remove the links in both ISY and the PLM?

Thanks again

35 minutes ago, SESamuels said:

Thanks dbuss-

When I right click on any other device it is the same, I do not get a pull down selection menu or an option to move or delete.

When I right click on both the Entry_Exterior and the SES_Study folders I get a pull down with the selections: NEW FOLDER, RENAME, DELETE FOLDER & MOVE FOLDER

If I select MOVE FOLDER I do not get an option to move to the ISY folder. The only option is the opposite folder from the current folder, i.e., When I right click on the SES_Study folder and select MOVE FOLDER from the pulldown, the only option is to move to the ENTRY_EXTERIOR folder.

Question: If I delete the folder withe the Insteon devices, will this remove the links in both ISY and the PLM?

Thanks again

When a folder that has working devices in is deleted, the devices are moved out of the folder and only the folder is deleted. I'm not sure what happens in your case. But, if I was in your situation, I'd delete the folder.

37 minutes ago, SESamuels said:

Thanks dbuss-

Thanks again

I think you may have misread the queries. "What do you see when you right click on the other devices in that folder? "

43 minutes ago, SESamuels said:

Thanks dbuss-

Thanks again

Here is what the pulldown menu should look like. You may have to "remove from folder" before deletion. This option has changed over the years.

1546906015_Devicepulldownmenu.thumb.jpg.d6389cb2c4dc7b312b5293c0cd7c6ff1.jpg

Just now, SESamuels said:

Thanks for the visul larryllix. Could the absence of this right click selection list be because the device is Insteon?

Thanks

No. Mine are all Insteon. This seems to warrant opening a Ticket with UDI. I would be sure @Michel Kohanim can fix you up, diagnose further, and want to see this.

3 minutes ago, SESamuels said:

Thanks for the visul larryllix. Could the absence of this right click selection list be because the device is Insteon?

Thanks

One more try before you get too crazy. You may have a bad load in your admin console. Close it and load it again.

• 7 months later...

@SESamuels and @mfswear - typical question is what's your firmware and what's the UI for admin console? They should match!

image.png.e0d5a9e1e6862d85b0259671c9ac7a42.png

v4.x or v5.x

Step 1 - make sure Java is up to date on your system

Step 2 - make sure you've cleared java cache - https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.html

Step 3 - re-install the ISY Launcher mentioned in this post:   

Once properly launched the admin console you should have full access to do what others have mentioned about deleting devices or removing from folders. It sounds like neither of you properly installed the launcher or Java has updated and corrupted your launcher and you just need a fresh install to get full use of admin console back on your computers.

If you're using Windows it is common to have issues when Java updates (not always, but been known to happen). If using MacOS then it's still probably a java issue, but I don't use MACs so cannot really help troubleshoot further than what the links above might do to help get you looking in the right areas to move forward. 

Good luck! Post back if you've still got issue. Screen shots of what you're seeing always help people troubleshoot the situation as it helps clarify what you're trying to describe in text.

Step 4 - if all else fails head over to https://www.universal-devices.com/ and open a ticket here - https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets. They've got great support to help with issues that can't be worked out on here or might need a little more assistance to get running right.

Archived