Release 4.8.0 Is Now Official

Michel Kohanim

Because of the update to v 4.8.0, I was attempting to Backup my ISY.  However, I get a error when it displays Save To File and the backup file name.  The error is File Not Found, as if it was attempting to read from the file.

Anyone else run into this ?  If so, how can it be remedied.

I won't upgrade until I can create a backup.

Thanks in advance.

File save error.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-01 071832.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine backed up and this version installed using the automatic option with no difficulty. I have no interest in navigating the apparently hazardous path from 4 to 5 - I think I'll wait until my ISY quits and I get another one! :)

Got mine backed up and this version installed using the automatic option with no difficulty. I have no interest in navigating the apparently hazardous path from 4 to 5 - I think I'll wait until my ISY quits and I get another one!

I drive a 1960s car too. I don't need side mirrors or seat belts. default_smile.png

Sent using Tapatalk

So weather is gone in ISY 4.8.0 and as of now we need Polisy to get weather integration. But Polisy requires running the 5.x version of the ISY firmware and that has not yet been released. I don't want to run pre-release software as the core of my home automation, so I am left waiting on an official 5.x release. 

I see that 5.x went to RC1 in October of last year, but no news since. Any target date for the official release of 5.x? I want to know when I can have my weather integration back.

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, zparsons said:

So weather is gone in ISY 4.8.0 and as of now we need Polisy to get weather integration. But Polisy requires running the 5.x version of the ISY firmware and that has not yet been released. I don't want to run pre-release software as the core of my home automation, so I am left waiting on an official 5.x release. 

I see that 5.x went to RC1 in October of last year, but no news since. Any target date for the official release of 5.x? I want to know when I can have my weather integration back.

Thanks.

Udi has made a point of not giving dates and I highly doubt that will change now or ever.

58 minutes ago, zparsons said:

Thanks.

Zwave devices are always in a state of flux. As long as the zwave devices tables are part of ISY firmware ISY v5. will always be considered beta.

In 6.5 years, I have never heard of an ISY994 crashing it's firmware and I have run every version since late V3.x that my ISY came with.

1 hour ago, zparsons said:

Thanks.

5.0.16C is solid....... very solid. Don't hesitate.

On 7/20/2020 at 7:09 PM, asbril said:

5.0.16C is solid....... very solid. Don't hesitate.

I'll probably take another run at it at some point when my family doesn't need to use light switches for a while. I tried a slightly earlier version of the 5.x release candidate previously and had so many weird issues I had to roll back to 4.x so I have been hesitant to try again.

17 minutes ago, zparsons said:

I'll probably take another run at it at some point when my family doesn't need to use light switches for a while. I tried a slightly earlier version of the 5.x release candidate previously and had so many weird issues I had to roll back to 4.x so I have been hesitant to try again.

Most of us had no (serious )  issues but I can tell you once that you have ironed out any issue that you may have, you will be very happy. Remember that this forum provides great support and of course UDI  has superb customer support. Jump and many will be there to catch you, should need be.

16 hours ago, zparsons said:

The only thing that could be a serious issue is if your programs make extensive use of adjust scene where the scene controller is a wireless device such as a motion detector, Open/Close Sensor,  Hidden door sensor, or wireless Insteon remote. 

Specifically:  image.png.9526855e60e7aec68b0fd8015d2300e1.png

Where the Action in a program is Adjust Scene and the Controller is a battery device.    This isn't always used by everyone, but it might be used to provide, for example, a different level of dimming at night.   The function does work correctly when the controller is NOT a battery device, however the action will not convert when upgrading 4x -> 5x, and the program will need to be manually adjusted and then re-saved. 

Other than this issue, I agree 5.0.16C is rock solid. 

On 7/22/2020 at 4:39 PM, zparsons said:

Just adding to Mr. Bill's comment: I have several Motion Sensors and update  (adjust) the related scenes twice a day. As a result my experience with v5 is not good. My ISY is constantly in a busy state and bogged down. This slowness also interferes with other functions like voice commands - from delayed response to no response at all. It also appears that UD has no intention of fixing this bug anytime soon. So if you have a good number of motion sensors and use them as controllers in scenes and adjust these regularly I would NOT install v5.

• 1 month later...

I was using 4.8.0 and attempted upgrading the firmware.  Z-wave wouldn't respond so I factory reset and reinstalled 4.8.0 and restored my backup.  Now Z-Wave won't connect at all and it won't connect to any devices and I can't add any new devices.

Any ideas?

Archived