Release 5.3.0 - OUTDATED

Chris Jahn

I am also having problems like others with locks. My Yale YRD110s are not reporting status on state changes (either manual or via ISY) but work via a query. I tried various ZWave sync/repairs and also unlinking/linking the lock itself but that did not resolve it. I am going to try a factory reset of the lock like others have suggested. Other than the locks, everything else seems to be working.

Edit: Factory resetting the lock has not resolved it for me. I opened ticket #10610 with UDI to see if they have any advice.

Second edit: Downgrading to 5.0.16C did not seem to work with just a firmware downgrade. ZWave devices simply return errors in the ISY console and the device types appear to be wrong. I did not try to restore the 5.0.16C backup and went back to 5.3.0 which seems to work the same as it was, just work the locks that don't refresh.

Final edit: Michael@UDI has confirmed this is a known issue and is being worked on. You probably don't want to upgrade if you rely on locks via ISY until this is fixed, at least Yale/YRD110 style locks.

Final edit edit ?: Michael confirmed that restoring 5.0.16C and then 5.0.16C backup would put me back in working order. I just did that and things are working again. I will give the latest version a go again once the Yale fix is in.

Follow up edit: 5.3.3 Test build has resolved this for me.

Edited by nathan
  • Like 1

Dear jdmcpherson   

Thanks so much for that reply.      I did gather that's where I would find it......   I have hovered all over the very first link and the links take me to other pages but I could not find the one that would lead me to download the file.

So in essence , I kinda need more details.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Trankilo1 said:

Dear jdmcpherson   

Thanks so much for that reply.      I did gather that's where I would find it......   I have hovered all over the very first link and the links take me to other pages but I could not find the one that would lead me to download the file.

So in essence , I kinda need more details.

Thanks

When I click on the links in the first post shown below, the firmware is downloaded. It doesn't go to a page.

3.  Download firmware

-  ISY 994i Series including Z-Wave support

-  ISY 994i ZW, Z, or ZS Series (Z-Wave/Zigbee and/or if you do NOT have a PLM)

6 minutes ago, jdmcpherson said:

When I click on the links in the first post shown below, the firmware is downloaded. It doesn't go to a page.

3.  Download firmware

-  ISY 994i Series including Z-Wave support

-  ISY 994i ZW, Z, or ZS Series (Z-Wave/Zigbee and/or if you do NOT have a PLM)

Thanks so much.....  I guess I was seeking a "5.3.0" type wording...   but hey it is definitely on me    

I have a ISY994i ZWPRO   so I should use the 2nd one   right?  is called udi_oadr_5.3.0.Zip    

Thanks again for your interest in clarifying for me.

Edited by Trankilo1

7 minutes ago, Trankilo1 said:

Thanks so much.....  I guess I was seeking a "5.3.0" type wording...   but hey it is definitely on me    

I have a ISY994i ZWPRO   so I should use the 2nd one   right?  is called udi_oadr_5.3.0.Zip    

Thanks again for your interest in clarifying for me.

Yes, if you do not have a PLM use the one you indicated. I have a PLM so used the other one.

• Like 1

I am having problems doing an Insteon Replace for an 8 button keypad.  I added the replacement keypad, put both the replacement and the original in the root folder, then selected on the orginal "Replace with" and selected the replacement.  All seems to go well (it does the writes and deletes each of the 8 keys on the replacement device, and then stops.  I then close the window and open it again, but the old device with the old device Insteon 6 digit code is still there.  And the new device is completely gone.  

So I tried again, starting by adding the new device.  Since it does allow it to be added, that proves that it was removed, so that shows something definitely failed.  And when I try to do the replacement again, same thing happens as above. 

Anyone else tried to do a device replacement, particularly with a KPL, using 5.3.0??

EDIT: Finally today after doing another system reboot, the replacement process for the KPL worked.  Not sure why it failed numerous times yesterday, but all is well.  

Edited by blueman2

17 hours ago, blueman2 said:

I am having problems doing an Insteon Replace for an 8 button keypad.  I added the replacement keypad, put both the replacement and the original in the root folder, then selected on the orginal "Replace with" and selected the replacement.  All seems to go well (it does the writes and deletes each of the 8 keys on the replacement device, and then stops.  I then close the window and open it again, but the old device with the old device Insteon 6 digit code is still there.  And the new device is completely gone.  

So I tried again, starting by adding the new device.  Since it does allow it to be added, that proves that it was removed, so that shows something definitely failed.  And when I try to do the replacement again, same thing happens as above. 

Anyone else tried to do a device replacement, particularly with a KPL, using 5.3.0??

@Michel Kohanim, I tried to do a bug report, but for some reason I keep getting kicked off the ticket reporting system when using my ISY Portal credentials.  

I just performed an IO Linc replacement.

It did not go perfectly either but in the end worked.  I did not document the issues or report the bug.

I did the normal replace steps, and ISY copied all the information  and then did the programs as I watched.  Before being done (the little update window was still present but not showing activity), it closed the console, quitting Admin Console...WITHOUT any assistance from me...so it basically crashed in my opinion.

I relaunched Admin Console and the IO Linc was there with the new device 6-digit code and Old name.

All programs worked.

/Bill

Edited by WFP

5 hours ago, gviliunas said:

@WFPI believe that when you do a device replace, it is normal, at the end of the replacement, for the Admin Console to close. This isn't a "crash." I think you are warned of this in the replace dialog.

You mean I am supposed to read the direction first :)

Thank you!

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 8:58 AM, JCPVAZ said:

I know you put a lot of work into this, so congrats on a job well done. I only had very minor teething problems such as DST being turned back on but problems were few, minor, fairly obvious and easily remedied. Connection to the ISY with Agave seems a lot snappier now. Upgraded from 4.8 to 5.3. 

I am back on one of the later 4. branches myself, anything besides what was in the upgrade instructions above that tripped you up, or wish you had done differently?

I just upgraded from 4.8.0 to 5.3.0 and I noticed the scene programs needed fixing which I did. The thing I can't figure out is why the Insteon Motion sensors stopped turning on the Switchlincs. Actually they worked until I manually turned off the Switchlinc then they stopped functioning. I see events in the viewer but I'm a little rusty interpreting the code.

Here are the messages after triggering one of the detectors. It should have turned on the light.

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:37 : [INST-SRX    ] 02 50 21.C1.86 00.00.01 CF 11 01    LTONRR (01)

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:37 : [Std-Group   ] 21.C1.86-->Group=1, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:37 : [D2D EVENT   ] Event [21 C1 86 1] [DON] [1] uom=0 prec=-1

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:37 : [  21 C1 86 1]      DON   1

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:37 : [D2D-CMP 0005] CTL [21 C1 86 1] [DON] op=is --> true

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:37 : [INST-SRX    ] 02 50 21.C1.86 00.00.01 CF 11 01    LTONRR (01)

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:37 : [Std-Group   ] 21.C1.86-->Group=1, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:37 : [INST-DUP    ] Previous message ignored.

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:38 : [INST-SRX    ] 02 50 21.C1.86 11.00.01 CF 06 00           (00)

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:38 : [Std-Group   ] 21.C1.86-->11.00.01, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:38 : [INST-INFO   ] Previous message ignored.

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:38 : [INST-SRX    ] 02 50 21.C1.86 11.00.01 CF 06 00           (00)

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:38 : [Std-Group   ] 21.C1.86-->11.00.01, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=3

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:38 : [INST-INFO   ] Previous message ignored.

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:38 : [        Time] 23:22:01 0(0)

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:38 : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:38 : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:46 : [INST-SRX    ] 02 50 11.BE.62 30.6A.B2 0B 6E 38           (38)

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:46 : [Std-Direct  ] 11.BE.62-->ISY/PLM Group=0, Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:46 : [D2D EVENT   ] Event [11 BE 62 1] [ST] [112] uom=101 prec=0

Thu 11/26/2020 23:21:46 : [  11 BE 62 1]       ST 112 (uom=101 prec=0)

This morning I noticed there is some write issues with this motion sensor. No hardware changes since upgrade. The motion sensor and light otherwise appear to be working this morning.

MSWriteIssue.jpg.1863b0f98587e9a7e39eb46bc20854d6.jpg

Edited by wwat

I'm on 5.2 with an PML and updated ZWave module (Thanks!)

It fails uploading Upgrade Failed: Failed Uploading File (reported written size is invalid).

Re downloaded the insteon firmware etc.  no change.  Thoughts?   I'm upgrading from a mac on 10.15.7

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fustesj99 said:

I just bought the Z-Wave PLUS Module and it is not installed yet. Do I need to install it first then upgrade to 5.3? I'm running 5.0.15A.

image.png.a4f82a79359ba718799b6ba911223790.png

Thanks......

You need to purchase the Z-Wave module for your ISY from UDI, first.  From the Help menu on your ISY, select Purchase Modules.  I think it costs $1.00, if memory serves me correctly.

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I am familiar with the Purchase Module process, I did it before when I was using Mobilinc and X10 Modules.

So I can upgrade to 5.3.0 at any time then install the Z-Wave hardware module I bought directly to UD and finally buy the license using my ISY UDI as I did before.

15 hours ago, fustesj99 said:

So I can upgrade to 5.3.0 at any time then install the Z-Wave hardware module I bought directly to UD and finally buy the license using my ISY UDI as I did before.

I think you can do it in any order you like.  I'd probably upgrade to the latest ISY firmware then install the module (with the theory being that the less to upgrade, the better), but the module works just fine in 5.0.15A.

I have been using this for close to 10 years in my new house with about 40+ insteon devices (switches, garage door openers, thermostats, and even watering). The only thing I gave up is watering (insteon device was not reliable enough)

Finally updated from 4.8 to 5.3 last weekend with <borat>great success </borat>, I just wanted to post a big thank you to all of you developers and the community, you guys rock!

I do not have a single complaint / bug to report, it all works like a charm.

I am sorry I did not contribute to beta testing (enough to deal with our own software dev and QA as an software engineer myself), but I know the pain.

I like it so much that I might finally setup the certificates and access it remotely.

As usual in most forums from all my electronics and motorcycles, to online shopping, people only post to complain.

All I have to say is THANK YOU  and I am now shopping for more devices ;-)

• Like 4