"Unavailable"

ZW indicates zwave devices.

Did you follow the upgrade instructions?

Are you sure you have series 500 zwave board?

Did you do a zwave backup before the upgrade?

Did you restore the zwave backup after upgrading?

Did you then synchronize all nodes?

Are you using the Launcher to access your ISY and does your firmware and UI match?

Some phantom nodes are considered normal, but those with connected devices should work. 

22 hours ago, Palmer marketing said:

Hey Guys: 

ok - i'm a rookie to ISY. Love it, but it is obviously going to take some time to figure out. Just updated to 5.3, and now i have a ton of 

"unavailable" entries in the main menu. Ex - "ZW 015 Unavailable" - Anyone know how to get rid of these? i have more of them then devices! 

Thanks - toolman. 

5.3.0 is incompatible with the 300 series Zwave board. If you're not sure which board you have take a look at the Zwave firmware version. If it's not 6.8.1 then you have the 300 series board and will need to update to the 500 series board.

Yes - i have the 500 series board. Just a lot of jiberish in the "main" column 

i.e. - "zw 014 unavailable" . There are many of these between my devices. 

So, i will keep experimenting. To Dennis C above - yeah, i did pretty much everything on your list. 

One last question - The "heal z-wave network" that was , i think, under the z-wave tab at the top of the opening page, 

now , with 5.3 update, gone. Not a biggie i guess, but wonder why it was removed from the upgrade. 

Thanks guys for all help - ISY is starting to sink in. kp

46 minutes ago, Palmer marketing said:

Yes - i have the 500 series board. Just a lot of jiberish in the "main" column 

i.e. - "zw 014 unavailable" . There are many of these between my devices. 

So, i will keep experimenting. To Dennis C above - yeah, i did pretty much everything on your list. 

One last question - The "heal z-wave network" that was , i think, under the z-wave tab at the top of the opening page, 

now , with 5.3 update, gone. Not a biggie i guess, but wonder why it was removed from the upgrade. 

Thanks guys for all help - ISY is starting to sink in. kp

Zwave is self healing. I do hope they bring it back as I think it's better to force a heal vs waiting for the system to do it

After the upgrade what is needed is synchronize all, not to be confused with heal zwave network. If you completed the synchronize all successfully and are still having issues you should open a support ticket with UD.

If I remember correctly you can run the synchronize all with the event window open and set to level 3 to watch progress - it's been awhile since I did this so I am not completely sure I remember this correctly.

Archived