Polyisy and Hue Bridge issue

Hello,

I set up the Hue Bridge back when I first received my polyisy and was able to turn the hue lights on from the admin console as well as create a scene where I use an insteon button to turn on two Hue led strips.

Months later now, I'm trying to make changes to programs and scenes but although I see the Hue devices, I cannot turn them on from the admin console.  

Even more strange, though my Scene still works when I click the physical button, the Scene itself is no where to be found in the admin console on the left hand side.

I've unplugged both my ISY and Polyisy with no changes.  I recently updated ISY to 5.3, to the newest admin console and Java as well.

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Have you checked the nodeserver in Polyglot? Make sure the nodeserver is still running and see if there are any errors in the nodeserver log.

Are any scenes showing up in ISY? Seems strange you are not seeing it there. Maybe post a screenshot so another set of eyes can help you look.

I'm very rusty with this.  Where/how can I check the nodeserver?

As far as I can tell, every other Scene I've created is showing in the admin console.  The one and only scene that included a hue device is not present. 

EDIT:  I have another post explaining that I cannot enable internet on my ISY and thus, the polyglot cloud cannot connect to the ISY.  I'm wondering if the problems are related.

On a slightly related topic...we have had a couple of windy days lately, causing some momentary power outages.  After each outage, I notice that my hue lights are no longer controllable via ISY and the polisy says it is not connected to the ISY.  I am currently operating under the theory that the polisy boots up faster than does the ISY and, during power outages (and, perhaps, purposely unplugging both) the polisy may be looking for the ISY before the ISY is online.  Resetting the connection, or individual node servers, seems to solve these problems.  I expect that unplugging the polisy would work as well, but not if you simultaneously unplug the ISY.  

Both my ISY and Polisy are on their own UPS now.

6 minutes ago, oberkc said:

On a slightly related topic...we have had a couple of windy days lately, causing some momentary power outages.  After each outage, I notice that my hue lights are no longer controllable via ISY and the polisy says it is not connected to the ISY.  I am currently operating under the theory that the polisy boots up faster than does the ISY and, during power outages (and, perhaps, purposely unplugging both) the polisy may be looking for the ISY before the ISY is online.  Resetting the connection, or individual node servers, seems to solve these problems.  I expect that unplugging the polisy would work as well, but not if you simultaneously unplug the ISY.  

Both my ISY and Polisy are on their own UPS now.

I am rebooting now and will give the ISY a few minutes to boot up before plugging polyisy back in.

On a side note, through all of this the one program I have enabled is still working.  When i press the B button on a 6button insteon switch, it still turns the hue led strips on through the scene I can't locate in admin console but within admin console, when i click "on" on one of the hue devices, it does not turn on.

1 minute ago, oberkc said:

Did you ever use network resources to control Hue lights?  Is it possible this program is calling up a network resource?

oh damn, you're good.  Yes you are correct.  I must have set that up before I got the polyisy, correct?  it's been a while.  If true, there's a good chance i set the polyisy up, got the hue devices to appear in the admin console then walked away without ever setting up proper scenes.  I do recall getting the led strips to turn on from the admin console though.  I was able to change the color, brightness etc.  Months later, it's no longer allowing me to do so.

So to recap:

network resource setup still works

I may have never created a scene which is why I don't see one

internet access is disabled as far as I can see in admin console and can't seem to enable it, unsure if related or cause of hue issue

11 minutes ago, oberkc said:

Did you ever use network resources to control Hue lights?  Is it possible this program is calling up a network resource?

ok hold the phone now it's working.  I am able to set colors, brightness etc from the admin console.  I am going to attempt to make a scene and organize the hue devices like I meant to months ago.  I still don't know why the ISY internet access can't be enabled....

24 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Try select tool, information, ISY portal access troubleshooting.

Everything appears to be configured correctly, but your ISY does not appear to be online. If it does not come online after 2-3 minutes, you may try the following:

• In the admin console, client on Help | Manage modules to refresh the portal module on ISY.
  • Reboot your ISY.
  • Reboot your router.
  • In ISY Portal, on the ISY tab, click refresh a few times.

Did this and it didn't work.  I then deleted and re-added the ISY to the portal again and now get:

In order to use your ISY on ISY portal, please make sure to:

1. Wait for the ISY to come online on ISY portal. In the ISY list, you can click refresh to update the online status
  2. In the Admin Console, click on Configuration | Portal tab, and approve the access request for this account
  3. You are done!

No matter how many times i hit refresh, nothing.  There is also no request in the portals tab within configuration.

Lastly, when I hover over the radio button next to the ISY in portal, it says offline since monday december 16th which I'm assuming was last year, the 16th was on a monday.  Also shows last firmware at 4.7.3 at that time. Actual current firmware is 5.3

Is it possible that at some point I disabled ISY portal and polyglot cloud in favor of mobilinc for some reason?  

EDIT: I see that I installed the mobilinc connect module Monday December 16th! lol   I do recall having an issue with mobilinc not working and being told not to use ISY portal but I do not recall deactivating anything.  I see the green deactivate button next to all of the modules but i have no indication that any module is indeed deactivated.

One thing I don't see mentioned is the possibility that your ISY has a new IP address (from power outages, or rebooting of the router for whatever reason).  Do you have a static address configured in your router?  If the address has changed and the polisy is looking for the original address...well...this probably won't work out.

I suggest double-checking the ISY address and seeing if it matches the address configured in the Polisy settings.

8 minutes ago, oberkc said:

One thing I don't see mentioned is the possibility that your ISY has a new IP address (from power outages, or rebooting of the router for whatever reason).  Do you have a static address configured in your router?  If the address has changed and the polisy is looking for the original address...well...this probably won't work out.

I suggest double-checking the ISY address and seeing if it matches the address configured in the Polisy settings.

ISY has a static IP.  From all of the resetting and rebooting, it all seems to be working.  I also went and deactivated the ISY Portal module and now all of my spoken words seems to be working where as before, only some of them would work.  Not sure how it reactivated itself.

I can't say much regarding mobilinc app.  I recall that there were different benefits to each, but don't remember exactly what those benefits were.  It seems possible to me that this is contributing to some problems, but I perceive that the Polisy/ISY interface is direct over your LAN and I would not expect a portal connection to interfere with the communication between the two devices.

9 minutes ago, oberkc said:

I can't say much regarding mobilinc app.  I recall that there were different benefits to each, but don't remember exactly what those benefits were.  It seems possible to me that this is contributing to some problems, but I perceive that the Polisy/ISY interface is direct over your LAN and I would not expect a portal connection to interfere with the communication between the two devices.

the main reason i stayed with mobilinc was because of the phone app.  I set it up a year ago and I don't recall there being an app on the universal device side that was as good.  what app do you use if you don't mind me asking?

I use mobilinc pro with the ISY portal.  I can use moblinc pro without ANY portal access, which I like, but have the portal for other reasons, so I decided to go through the portal for app access due to perceived improvements in security.  I do not use mobilincX (or whatever the latest version is).  Also, access to my system via phone or tablet is not the highest priorities for me.  I don't really care if an app "looks" dated, nor do I have much need for access to toggle more than a few scenes or devices on phone.  I understand that mobilincX may have some features that are lacking in mobilinc pro, but pro still does all that I care about.  I wonder, however, how long it will continue to work.

I don't like relying on the cloud for my system to work.  I also don't like subscription services.  Having said these things, I chose to subscribe to the ISY portal for a variety of reasons (totally unrelated to mobilinc).  I think if I were to loose my current mobilinc pro function, I would probably abandon mobilinc for some other solutions, possibly including google home or alexa, or the dashboard (requires ISY portal, I think.)  I will cross that bridge only if I must.

3 minutes ago, oberkc said:

I use mobilinc pro with the ISY portal.  I can use moblinc pro without ANY portal access, which I like, but have the portal for other reasons, so I decided to go through the portal for app access due to perceived improvements in security.  I do not use mobilincX (or whatever the latest version is).  Also, access to my system via phone or tablet is not the highest priorities for me.  I don't really care if an app "looks" dated, nor do I have much need for access to toggle more than a few scenes or devices on phone.  I understand that mobilincX may have some features that are lacking in mobilinc pro, but pro still does all that I care about.  I wonder, however, how long it will continue to work.

I don't like relying on the cloud for my system to work.  I also don't like subscription services.  Having said these things, I chose to subscribe to the ISY portal for a variety of reasons (totally unrelated to mobilinc).  I think if I were to loose my current mobilinc pro function, I would probably abandon mobilinc for some other solutions, possibly including google home or alexa, or the dashboard (requires ISY portal, I think.)  I will cross that bridge only if I must.

i think i'm mostly using mobilinc because i have for 6-7 years now and thats what i'm used to.  i too only use it for a few clicks here and there, def not as much as i used to especially with google homes all over the house.  it seems like now that i've updated everything and figured out other issues that everything is working as expected.  if i run into more problems i'll look to make a switch.  it seems like with this type of technology, what didn't work yesterday, may work today but if not maybe tomorrow so always a good idea to revisit solutions i've tried in the past.  when the portal was new, i remember having issues getting mobilinc to work, couldn't been an error on my end but was pointed in a direction that got everything to work together and thats where i am at this point lol.

7 hours ago, JSP0511 said:

Should I/Can I ditch the mobilinc module at this point?  It's a year later and I can't honestly remember why I preferred mobilinc over ISY portal but assume I liked the mobilinc app without a similar/better option.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

If you're using mobilinc connect them that's why it's not working. You can't have that and portal. You'll need to contact udi and have them remove it

I currently use Agave, but I am also beta testing the new UD app @Javiis working on. It is still early but it is quick and responsive and when finished will be a fine choice.

You will need to make decisions on which portal you want to use since you can't have them both. However, you can still use Mobilink if you use the UD portal, you just can't use their portal. There is a post in the Mobilink forum on how to set it up.

Archived