All Disabled Programs Suddenly Become Enabled

btreinders

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bumbershoot!   Not sure how I missed this reply.

So, I created a ticket and the only things they can suggest is swap out SD card (done), send all the logs when it happens (done) and update to the latest version 5.3.1 (Done, previously I was on 5.3.0).  They were not able to figure out why all the programs become enabled and it is still doing it with all the changes.  Another suggestion they gave was to create a program that would disable all the programs that need to be.  I did that but once they all become enabled the ISY is so overwhelmed I can't get it to run the disable program and I still have to hard reset and restore.  So to combat that issue I put all of my programs into a folder just under the top level with only a few programs left top level that are not in that folder.  I created a state variable in a program top level that would get set if that program becomes enabled and used that variable as a condition on the folder where all the other programs are not located.  That way if all programs become enabled it will stop executing and I can run the disable programs program and be back up and running much quicker than a hard reset and restore.  Now I am fighting an issue where that folder randomly goes red but the variable in the condition has not changed.   I do use this method for another folder inside this folder and have never experienced this issue.

image.thumb.png.0de171da2b924ca6a4085ba017ef5da8.png

I've stopped relying on program disabling for normal operations ever since that feature bit me a few years ago. I only use it during program development if I'm trying out different variants of programs. The intermittent enabling of programs happens rarely, but when it happens, it's a big pain and drain on time.

I never did find a fix for the folder condition issue so I have since added the state variable to all If conditions of all disabled programs.  Big pain to do and I will have to remember that any future disabled programs with an If condition will need this addition.   I even tried two variables for the If condition for the folder but it still would stop execution without both variables changing to true.

Archived