Wireless sensors - low battery

mikek

I'm trying to set up an ISY program to notify me of low battery status on some Elk wireless sensors. There are reported by Elk and displayed on the ISY console as "trouble". However, I am getting notifications every time one of the wireless zones is violated. It seems like the ISY is considering trouble and violated to be the same status. 

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

That is an ISY program (reading an Elk zone).

I am asking for an alert when the Elk zone reports "trouble". What I am getting instead is an alert when that zone reports "violated".

If
        Elk Zone 'Office-WestWind' is Trouble
 Then
        Send Notification to 'Me'
 Else
        Wait  0 seconds

Here's the alert I get:

Security Zone 'Office-WestWind' Violated 

• 4 weeks later...

On the device ID the 4th number associated to the function monitored (You can see this on the main tab, click on the device text in magenta, the look in the top of the screen under the name of the device)

On a original motion sensor 1=Motion Sensor status (detect motion), 2= Dusk/Dawn status on or off, 3= Low Battery status

On motion Sensor II number 1 has several functions, 1.BATLVL gives % of battery remaining.  Not listing the rest here, you can view by going to the Main tab, then select the device.

On Leak sensors, 4 = Low Battery status

So, here is what I use for low battery (I list all devices in one e-mail):

Low Battery on Motion Sensor (On = Dead)
${sys.node.99 D9 4E 3.name} ---------- ${sys.node.99 D9 4E 3.ST}
${sys.node.99 CA BA 1.name} ----- ${sys.node.99 CA BA 1.BATLVL}     Note this one is a motion sensor II use 1.BATLVL vice 3.ST
and so on

Low Battery on Leak Sensor (Off = Dead)
${sys.node.99 E7 F 4.name} -------- ${sys.node.99 E7 F 4.ST}
${sys.node.99 EC CD 4.name} ----- ${sys.node.99 EC CD 4.ST}
and so on.....

The number of dashes between name entry and the next entry lines up the items on my email so it looks good.  I couldn't figure how to use tabs in email customizations.  So it took several tries to get it right.

Regards,

John

Archived