ISY can ping. But cannot connect. No programs running

ThisIsTheWay

My ISY can be pinged from another computer. No programs are running. Cannot connect to admin console but the ISY launcher does see the device. Double click device and it asks for login and password. Three times it does not accept the credentials. Then it does and just sits blank. 
 Power was on / off for a bit. Then I changed the power supply. Then it was on.

Unit is a couple years old.  Wonder if the ISY is dead. Any advice?

Have an extra ISY....trying to avoid swapping and trashing the existing cause of the amount of work. 

Here are a couple of possibilities from the wiki:

Admin Console is very slow or hangs

• If the admin console is slow to respond, it is likely you need to increase the amount of memory allocated to the Java runtime (JRE).
  • Open the Java Control Panel, select Java tab, press View button, then add or modify the Runtime Parameter -Xmx to the following:
    • -Xmx512m
  • Press Ok to close the window, then Press Apply to save the changes

admin.jnlp does not start the Admin Console

• If Java is indeed installed, the reason is that .jnlp file association is broken (it has to point to javaws.exe). Search for javaws.exe in the computer. Right mouse click and select "Open with" and point to "javaws.exe" to fix the .jnlp file association.

Userid/Password dialog keeps popping up

This is usually related to firewall software on your computer. Two solutions:

Admin Console Minimized/Invisible and Cannot be Restored

This is usually related Admin Console state files not being updated properly and especially in case of multi monitors. All you need to do is to find the following files in Java temp directory (on Windows: c:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp) and delete them. Or, you can simply search the computer for udi_*.* file patterns:

• udi_tree.state
  • udi_frame.state
  • udi_pgm.state
  • udi_finder.state
  • udi_launcher.state

Thank you for these notes from the WIKI. It was none of these issues.

Oddly enough my password was reset to admin/admin and the time zone was changed from New York to California....

I cannot imagine what is going on but would be happy to swap out the hardware if it is slowly dying. 

Archived