Garage Door and Power Failure.

mpf541

I only have the one program that might impact this,. After a query the sensor sets to on even though the door is closed and should be off.

Hello again,

Thanks so very much for testing.

Would you be kind enough to disable any programs that might impact this operation. The main point is to ensure that the status of the sensor is ALWAYS equal to the state of the door regardless of us querying it.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi again,

This is very similar to the issues with IOLinc version below .31 ... the status of the sensor is not updated correctly and not reported correctly via the query. It would be best to request for replacement.

Furthermore, we have added more debugging information in 2.7.7/2 which should be out by the end of the week. If you do not yet have 2.7.7, I strongly recommend sending an email to support@universal-devices.com to be included in our list.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 2 weeks later...

So I had SH replace the 2410 again and the one they sent me is the same as what I had. It works right until I query the senson then the status changes to ON from off. Even though the door is closed. So I called Sh and they first told me that if it works fine manually that it was 3rd party software doing it. The ISY. I was not going to let him off that easy as I bought it from SH also I told them that you had said it was the 2410. He says no it was the ISY. Anyway he finally suggested that I set it to work on the status of the kpl button. Now it seems to work fine and a query does not open the door. However I am wondering as the way this is set up the sensor controlls the status of the kpl light. Why does it work properly this way. Seems to be it should still open the door but the query sets the staus of the sensoe on in the ISY but the kpl light is off like it should be. Looks like I have a work around but it seems like a strange way to get this working.

Hello mpf541, please check the version of your IOLinc. If you have anything below 32, please have them contact us so that we can resolve the issue. It's a known fact that IOLinc versions 31 and below report the status of the relay as the status of the sensor. This should have been addressed in higher versions.

With kind regards,

Michel

So I had SH replace the 2410 again and the one they sent me is the same as what I had. It works right until I query the senson then the status changes to ON from off. Even though the door is closed. So I called Sh and they first told me that if it works fine manually that it was 3rd party software doing it. The ISY. I was not going to let him off that easy as I bought it from SH also I told them that you had said it was the 2410. He says no it was the ISY. Anyway he finally suggested that I set it to work on the status of the kpl button. Now it seems to work fine and a query does not open the door. However I am wondering as the way this is set up the sensor controlls the status of the kpl light. Why does it work properly this way. Seems to be it should still open the door but the query sets the staus of the sensoe on in the ISY but the kpl light is off like it should be. Looks like I have a work around but it seems like a strange way to get this working.

I have a version 36. And it is the same version as the one that was just replaced.

Hello mpf541, please check the version of your IOLinc. If you have anything below 32, please have them contact us so that we can resolve the issue. It's a known fact that IOLinc versions 31 and below report the status of the relay as the status of the sensor. This should have been addressed in higher versions.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi mpf541,

Would you be kind to do one more test:

1. Please remove both the sensor and the relay from all the scenes to which they belong

2. Redo the query and let me know if you still have the same issue

In the meantime, I am going to contact SH for further clarification. I do have a v36 here which does not exhibit the same issues you are experiencing.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a version 36. And it is the same version as the one that was just replaced.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel

I have removed the IOLinc from all scenes. Only had the 2 that were set up accord to the directions from the wiki article. In looking at the sensor with the door closed it is reported as being off as it should be. If I query the sensor the status changes to on.

As I said the work around that SH gave me is working if I use the status of the kpl it works fine. I have it set to shut the door after 2 minutes and it does that. It does not open the door now when the all query program runs or after a power failure. I have turned back on the Query at restart. And a restart does not open the door.

I don't understand why it works right with the staus of the kpl and not the sensor but at least it is working now.

Mike

Hi mpf541,

Would you be kind to do one more test:

1. Please remove both the sensor and the relay from all the scenes to which they belong

2. Redo the query and let me know if you still have the same issue

In the meantime, I am going to contact SH for further clarification. I do have a v36 here which does not exhibit the same issues you are experiencing.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 2 weeks later...

Hello mvprj84,

Thanks so very much! Did SH contact you? What you are experiencing with this unit is not normal.

With kind regards,

Michel

I decided to give this a whirl again with 2.7.8 (I saw there were some IOLinc changes), but just wanted to report that it still doesn't work for me when the "trigger off" is checked. I also removed and readded the IOLinc just to cover all bases.

Well, here's an overview of my problem. If I set "trigger off" the garage (more specifically the IOLinc) will not always return the expected status when queried. These scenarios may help everyone understand what I'm seeing:

Garage is CLOSED, Sensor is OFF, Relay is ON: Querying the sensor causes the sensor to switch to ON

(then I turned the relay off by pressing the off button, which doesn't really do much since only the "on" event of the relay is what opens or closes the garage...)

Garage is CLOSED, Sensor is ON, Relay is OFF: Querying the sensor causes the sensor to remain ON

(then I opened the garage by pressing the on button of the relay...)

Garage is OPEN, Sensor is ON, Relay is ON: Querying the sensor causes the sensor to switch to OFF

(then I turned the relay off by pressing the off button...)

Garage is OPEN, Sensor is OFF, Relay is OFF: Querying the sensor causes the sensor to remain OFF

(then I closed the garage by pressing the on button of the relay...)

Garage is CLOSED, Sensor is OFF, Relay is ON: Querying the sensor causes the sensor to switch to ON

(note that this last result is the same as the first one, and so the cycle repeats)

At first this whole thing didn't bug me too much, but it's starting to a bit more now that I have some triggerlinc's hooked up to doors around the house. When a door is closed the trigger is off, but with my garage it's the opposite. So I have to try and keep the two things straight in my mind.

Lets work it this way. Anyone else who wants to contact me can just sen an email to info@insteon.net. You can explain your situation and let me know your device type, rev number and when you bought it. Feel free to share our discussion and results with the board. I will not be able to respond as quick to post on the board as an email. I travel most of the time for the company and email is the best way for me to get things done.

Regards,

Steve L

Smartlabs.

PS: mvprj84, if you want to send me a PM with your phone number i can contact you this weekend or early next week.

Archived