Can't Login

jaycanter

Had a power failure last night was out till around noon today. I noticed my motion sensors aren't working so i tried to login to the isy and keeps telling me Failed. Retry Authenticating My Lighting. What could be messed up? No matter what i can't login.

Thanks

11 hours ago, jaycanter said:

Had a power failure last night was out till around noon today. I noticed my motion sensors aren't working so i tried to login to the isy and keeps telling me Failed. Retry Authenticating My Lighting. What could be messed up? No matter what i can't login.

Thanks

What is the light sequence on front of ISY? Have you tried resetting power to ISY?

Front Panel LEDs/Lights

Boot up sequence:

Power, RX&TX, momentary blink of Memory/RX and TX, and then Power only

Error light and Memory light blinking simultaneously: ISY is not able to get on the network.Please ensure:

The Network jack on the back of ISY is connected to your router

The lights on the Network jack have one steady on and the other one blinking. If not, check cable and connectivity to the router

Your router provides DHCP

There are no other devices on the network with the same IP address (IP Conflict)

If you have configured your ISY to use DHCP, then you will have to search your network for devices that might be in the same DHCP range as your router is providing

If you have configured your ISY with a static IP address, and as long as you have a good backup, you can Factory Reset your ISY and then restore a good backup (File | Restore ISY). Once prompted to change the network settings, choose No

Only Error light blinking: ISY cannot communicate with the SD Card. Please ensure:

The micro SD Card (on the front) is seated properly. Unplug ISY, remove the rubber cap, using a sharp object, push the micro SD Card in so that it pops out. Push it back in so it clicks in. Apply power to ISY

If reseating the micro SD Card does not work, you probably have a defective SD Card. Please consult Replacing/Formatting SD Card

@jaycanter If the above doesn't help make sure that you power cycle everything in order. Sometimes things come back online or power up differently when returning from a power outage so they might not be correctly linked.

Turn off ISY - unplug PLM - turn off router - unplug modem (wait 20-30 seconds)

plug in modem - allow it to completely power cycle

plug in router - allow it to connect to internet

plug in PLM - wait for light to be on (maybe 5-10 seconds)

plug in ISY - check the light pattern (as described above)

There's also the IP address conflict depending on how you have it setup in the ISY and on the router. Once the lights are settled on the ISY if they appear to be normal then check your router IP table to make sure the ISY is connected and that it's at the IP you expected it to be at. 

If you still cannot connect from a computer then run through the java cache clearing process and download a fresh instance of the launcher to try to make the connection to the ISY and log in.

If still having issues maybe start a support ticket with UD (support@universal-devices.com) to get their assistance.

Do you know what caused the power outage? If a storm could you have been struck by lightning? Could there have been a surge to the house when the power came back on? 

Good luck! Post back if you're able to get back up and running or have more issues.

Ok today i rebooted everything then checked on some stuff. all my programs are running that are time based. It's the wireless that's not working. I can find it on the network and is connected in the portal. It's on the network with the right address, I can see it. Link to start up video below

It just will not take my login info to access the console. I don't understand how login info changed. Any thoughts how to get in without wiping everything?

7 hours ago, DennisC said:

If you think login credentials changed somehow, try the default admin/admin.

Thank You that worked. Still don't understand how power failure changed username and password. Also changed port back to 80.

But got in and changed login and port back, Now just have to get wireless working.

Archived