Program to turn multiple lights on / off with a wait between

tommyv

I have 22 Insteon switches and modules, 2 leak sensors and one RemoteLinc 2 Keypad running on my ISY.

All of the switches are programmed with various instructions including random, sunrise, wait and other if/then controls.

My goal is to have a scene or program that will allow me to turn on multiple lights (downstairs, for example) in a specific sequence with a short (15 second) wait between events.  A separate scene/program would turn them all off in a similar manner.

Adding the devices and wait periods is no problem.  I can do that.

My question is, how can write something that will allow me to use Alexa to activate the process?  In other words, what is the if statement or scene design to start initiate the program?  Alexa:"Turn all downstairs lights on"

ISY 994i Pro / v 4.9.0 / X10 and Mobilinc Portal

Tom

25 minutes ago, tommyv said:

I have 22 Insteon switches and modules, 2 leak sensors and one RemoteLinc 2 Keypad running on my ISY.

All of the switches are programmed with various instructions including random, sunrise, wait and other if/then controls.

My goal is to have a scene or program that will allow me to turn on multiple lights (downstairs, for example) in a specific sequence with a short (15 second) wait between events.  A separate scene/program would turn them all off in a similar manner.

Adding the devices and wait periods is no problem.  I can do that.

My question is, how can write something that will allow me to use Alexa to activate the process?  In other words, what is the if statement or scene design to start initiate the program?  Alexa:"Turn all downstairs lights on"

ISY 994i Pro / v 4.9.0 / X10 and Mobilinc Portal

Tom

Write the program and then add the program Instead of device or scene

8 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Write the program and then add the program Instead of device or scene

That is where I am stuck.  What is an IF statement for a program that is only designed for manual (Alexa) control?  It is not based on responding a time or ISY event.

14 minutes ago, tommyv said:

That is where I am stuck.  What is an IF statement for a program that is only designed for manual (Alexa) control?  It is not based on responding a time or ISY event.

You don't need an "If" statement in the program. You can have a program with just a "Then" in it. A program with just a "then" in it can be executed with Alexa or another program.

29 minutes ago, tommyv said:

If you run the If for a program with no code in the If section, Then will be run, as a True logic outcome is assumed.

45 minutes ago, tommyv said:

If this is simply a program for Alexa then you do not have to worry about the if statement. If you want the program to pull double duty (ie: also being controlled by a keypad button), them your if statement would include that. Alexa would only run the then and or else statement

11 hours ago, tommyv said:

Thanks for the clarification. I had no idea that was possible. I’ll write those tomorrow and report back.

Actually in another thread we've recently learned that Alexa knows and sometimes cares if the program finished on time.  You can avoid the scenario by having Alexa Run Program A and having nothing else in Program A other than Run Program B (then).  Program A runs and tells Alexa it's finished after firing off your longer program that's full of waits.

Archived