Get Started (v1.3)

Michel Kohanim

17 minutes ago, larryllix said:

I don't like subscriptions to anything, myself. I have come to rely on my Alexa boxes to remote control things locally and provide so many more outputs. eg. turn on lights with 20 different colour schemes as well as about 15 different white lighting schemes, vocally  report warnings ("dryer has stopped"), i have swallowed my pride and subscribed to the ISY Portal at such a cheap price.

I forget the pricing but IIRC ISY portal is less than $1 per month. Well worth the cost at ten times...hmmmm...well 5 times the price. :)

I don't disagree, I have subscriptions for my 2 production ISY's. I am just confused by the original statement that indicate things would work after the trial expired.

18 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@DennisC,

Please send your uuid to sales@universal-devices.com and request for the extension.

With kind regards,

Michel

Once again, UD's customer service and attitude to its customers is outstanding! After emailing Michel per his instructions, he restated that 2 years portal access is included and corrected the issue. 

Thank you UD for continuing your outstanding commitment and ideals.

59 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@sjenkins, thank you SO very much. But, it's not fair. Would you please send your UUID to sales@universal-devices.com with a link to this post?

With kind regards,
Michel

Thanks Michel,

really not asked for or needed but true to word I just received a refund. If only all companies operated in this manor. 

29 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Once again, UD's customer service and attitude to its customers is outstanding! After emailing Michel per his instructions, he restated that 2 years portal access is included and corrected the issue. 

Thank you UD for continuing your outstanding commitment and ideals.

They really are awesome aren't they. 

I am dipping my toes in running ISY on Polisy.  I had the ISY running in the console once.  Now I can't get it running again.  It stopped when I changed the http port from 8080 to 81. I could never get to it from the a browser, but I could get to it from the java console.  Now neither work.  I have rebooted, restarted the ISY service, etc.  Is there an easy way to remove the ISY package, and re-add it, or delete the config file to effectively reset the ISY to default.  (I have nothing setup, so no loss.) 

I couldn't.  The uninstall/reinstall seemed to have helped a bit.  Now I can see the ISY from the finder again, but the website still doesn't work.  It answers, but just gives a blank page.  It seems like the ISY WebUI is missing some files?  I get a 404 at the root, but if I go directly to web/index.htm I can login, but the home dashboard files are not there either.  It has been so long since I setup an ISY, is there something specific I need to do to get the website working properly?

4 hours ago, smileyw said:

I couldn't.  The uninstall/reinstall seemed to have helped a bit.  Now I can see the ISY from the finder again, but the website still doesn't work.  It answers, but just gives a blank page.  It seems like the ISY WebUI is missing some files?  I get a 404 at the root, but if I go directly to web/index.htm I can login, but the home dashboard files are not there either.  It has been so long since I setup an ISY, is there something specific I need to do to get the website working properly?

Not to second guess Michel, but you might look at the info in this post:

You would need to use Putty to ssh in to Polisy and try the commands in post 3.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchases the zoo s2 zst10 stick. I can see if find when plugged in to my MacBook.  

When I insert in Polisy it does not show up in ISY on policy and just says not responding.  What should the device in /dev be named?  When insert it the cuaU0 and lock/init show up as well as ttyU0 and lock/init.  But it doesn't register in ISY.

I did have to update my polisy manually as I have one of the originally shipped units.  Not sure how else to debug.

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 8.40.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 8.42.06 PM.png

1 hour ago, bigDvette said:

I purchases the zoo s2 zst10 stick. I can see if find when plugged in to my MacBook.  

When I insert in Polisy it does not show up in ISY on policy and just says not responding.  What should the device in /dev be named?  When insert it the cuaU0 and lock/init show up as well as ttyU0 and lock/init.  But it doesn't register in ISY.

I did have to update my polisy manually as I have one of the originally shipped units.  Not sure how else to debug.

Do you have the check box for zwave checked on the configuration page?

On 1/24/2022 at 8:44 PM, bigDvette said:

I'm having this exact same issue and sounds like a very similar situation. Bought a polisy very early on (arrived in December 2019) recently moved and was going to be starting from scratch anyway so decided to attempt to migrate over. Likewise shows up fine on my macbook pro and was able to set up a network and then factory reset using Indigo.

1 hour ago, RJ K said:

I'm having this exact same issue and sounds like a very similar situation. Bought a polisy very early on (arrived in December 2019) recently moved and was going to be starting from scratch anyway so decided to attempt to migrate over. Likewise shows up fine on my macbook pro and was able to set up a network and then factory reset using Indigo.

Michael linked the correct zooz device above.  Their naming is confusing.  The zst10 come in 2 flavors.  A 500 series and a 700.  Michael had linked to zooz page which linked to thesmarterhouse for the 500.  If yours didn’t t have a yellow cap it is a 500series.  That seems to be my problem.  I’m hoping they will refund mine as it was open box and says sales final but it wasn’t expensive so may not be worth the shipping.

8 hours ago, bigDvette said:

Michael linked the correct zooz device above.  Their naming is confusing.  The zst10 come in 2 flavors.  A 500 series and a 700.  Michael had linked to zooz page which linked to thesmarterhouse for the 500.  If yours didn’t t have a yellow cap it is a 500series.  That seems to be my problem.  I’m hoping they will refund mine as it was open box and says sales final but it wasn’t expensive so may not be worth the shipping.

Our parallel story lines continue as I also purchased the open box item and will try to return them. Thanks @Michel Kohanim and @bigDvette for the clarification!

Just an update for anyone else and some theories which may or may not be true.

My original z-wave issues were that I didn't have the right Zooz stick. If ordering it is the 700 and has a yellow cap.  Michael fixed the link in first post I think.

Don't setup portal until after you have restored your 994.  It seems to get confused.  Michael fixed it in 15 minutes on his side and all was good.

I think me losing policy in my finder for a while was because of a node server.  The weather poly node server defaults to port 8080.  So does IoP.  So one or the other was clobbering and not able to communicate.  Restarting stuff didn't have to work, I powered down.

I have the 1amp power supply. I did run in to some funny business (weird behavior). I had a lovely 5amp brick and swapped it out and weirdness went away.

My scenes wouldn't work for a while.  Turned out it was either the 8080 port problem or a flood of messages I was getting from the node server.  I disabled all my pg2 node servers and re-imported and just let it do its thing and my scenes came back.  Then I turned on PG2 and let it start (that is how I realized weather poly was on port 8080 as it was complaining.

If you are using ELK module, take pictures of your programs. Unlike the zwave stuff, it doesn't leave nice comments ... Just a response 0 or result 0 line. Luckily I exported my programs to xml and have been around enough to be able to read them in their XML format.  As a bonus @Michel Kohanimit would be nice if the 994 had an option that if  safe mode kicks in you can still get to your programs in admin console.  Then you could have the old one up and go back and validate some stuff.  Maybe it exists.  Maybe not, I couldn't get the 994 programs to come up without the PLM attached

I used to have about 22 zwave devices.  I got rid of my zwave locks before I did this upgrade and I have a blended homebrige setup (would love an august lock node server for more than 1 lock).  9 of those zwave devices were repeaters. I have a spread out house.  The door locks were the weak link.  Now, I have 9 devices (2 repeaters and 7 fan switches).  It seems everything is faster. My zwave used to seem like it churned.

I did have to go re-save all my network resources.  Didn't realize I needed to re-input the mail credentials to send alerts.

I had a few programs that enabled themselves even though they used to be disabled before the migration. I don't think it is because they had zwave devices in them, but not sure.

I have 1 pg3 node.  I use 11 node servers, I got rid of ping NS and turned off Roomba because it just seems to be flaky.  I installed Sonos in PG3 as I needed to update room names on the nodes anyway.

A lot of the NS I use aren't available in PG3 so I think I will wait a little longer.  (WeatherPoly, Ventar, Rachio, MyQ, Hue).

I started at like 5pm and was done by 11pm making all the changes/fixes and a big portion of that was spent on home bridge, changing my weewx to point at new weather poly port, Alex integration and the stumper was I was using occupancy sensor in portal and couldn't get it to work, moved to occupancy sensor 2 and got everything back up.

Thanks for all the earlier posts and the how-to for research.  It's not super simple, but what is that's worth it... And now I only have 1 box.  

@Michel Kohanimdid I read somewhere that we might be able to do ISY to ISY integration other than through network resources in the near future or share node servers between multiple ISYs?  Thought I read that somewhere but can't find it.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, bigDvette said:

If you are using ELK module, take pictures of your programs. Unlike the zwave stuff, it doesn't leave nice comments ... Just a response 0 or result 0 line. Luckily I exported my programs to xml and have been around enough to be able to read them in their XML format.  As a bonus @Michel Kohanimit would be nice if the 994 had an option that if  safe mode kicks in you can still get to your programs in admin console.  Then you could have the old one up and go back and validate some stuff.  Maybe it exists.  Maybe not, I couldn't get the 994 programs to come up without the PLM attached

Yes! Being able to look at programs in safe mode would be very helpful! It failed for me as well.

On 1/27/2022 at 1:24 PM, bigDvette said:

@Michel Kohanimdid I read somewhere that we might be able to do ISY to ISY integration other than through network resources in the near future or share node servers between multiple ISYs?  Thought I read that somewhere but can't find it.

@bigDvette, thank you very much for the details. I do not understand the question above. With PG3, you can have it point to multiple ISYs. 

With kind regards,
Michel

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 5:02 PM, bpwwer said:

Did you start the ISY software on the Polisy?  I don't believe installing it starts it automatically. You can check if it's running with:

sudo service status isy

If it's not running, you can enable it and start it with:

sudo service isy enable

sudo service isy start

I am trying this for first time.  I have ISY running but the status command does not seem to work

sudo service status isy
Password:
status does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d), or is not executable
[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo service isy enable
isy enabled in /etc/rc.conf
[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo service isy start
isy already running?  (pid=1234).
[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo service status isy
[admin@polisy ~]$

And when I try to add in launcher at http://172.16.1.226:8080 it says not found.   and I am sure thats my correct IP address.

Do I have to enter some data into the Polisy?  I tried going to http://172.16.1.226:8080  in a browser and it goes nowhere.

I have another ISY 994i thats working fine.  I was just going to give this a try.  So my pg2 and pg3 points to old ISY.

8 minutes ago, macjeff said:

I am trying this for first time.  I have ISY running but the status command does not seem to work

sudo service status isy
Password:
[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo service isy enable
isy enabled in /etc/rc.conf
[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo service isy start
isy already running?  (pid=1234).
[admin@polisy ~]$

And when I try to add in launcher at http://172.16.1.226:8080 it says not found.   and I am sure thats my correct IP address.

Do I have to enter some data into the Polisy?  I tried going to http://172.16.1.226:8080  in a browser and it goes nowhere.

I have another ISY 994i thats working fine.  I was just going to give this a try.  So my pg2 and pg3 points to old ISY.

If you are trying to access the admin console of ISY on Polisy, using your example from above, try: https://172.16.1.226:8443 in the ISY Launcher (but I think your missing a block of number(s) - should be https://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8443).

If it doesn't work the first time, power cycle the Polisy and give it a chance to come fully on line before trying again.

Archived