ISY on Polisy v5.0.1 Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Hello all,

Just so that we streamline version numbers (with ISY) and give less grief to Polyglot, please upgrade to 5.0.1:

Hello all,

To get started:

- sudo pkg update
- sudo pkg upgrade (this should upgrade your ISY to 5.0.1)
_ sudo service udx restart
- sudo service isy restart

Admin Console:

1. Use the Launcher
2. Click on the Add button and then enter the https://x.y.z.w:8443/desc or http://x.y.z.w:8080/desc where x.y.z.w is the IP address for your Polisy
3. Click on the Polisy row and choose LAN (direct from Polisy) or Cloud (from www). This will bring up the Admin Console
4. If you are using INSTEON, since INSTEON is disabled by default:

- Admin Console | Configuration Tab | System 
- Check INSTEON Support checkbox
- Click on the Save button and then Reboot button (restarts the ISY service)

Polyglot Settings:

1. Address/Hostname: localhost
2. Port: 8080
3. Username/Password for your ISY
4. Use HTTPS: unchecked
NOTE: Polyglot does NOT allow connection to HTTPS sites with self signed certs. For now, please only use port 8080 and localhost (do not use the IP address).

Fixes:

1. Not connecting to Polyglot
2. Network module is now enabled by default so that you no longer need the ISY Portal Module

Enhancements:

1. OpenADR support by default

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel Kohanim How is location/time zone being determined?

image.thumb.png.7cc9fb8ca6db1310f80ab4cfee28543b.png

Time is correct.

Sunset is not.

Sunrise is not.

they should be:  (this screenshot from ISY-994 and is correct.)

image.png.04169e33eab0240757e40df1cea71404.png

There is no change location button.

Also the City blanked out is a nearby larger metro area.  

My hope is that we will soon be able to use exact longitude/latitude as we can in the current production models.  Is the Change Location button coming back?

5 minutes ago, asbril said:

Oh boy.....  Now I have the polisy shows in the launcher but I have lost my ISY . NONE of my nodes show and my username / pw have reverted to admin/admin

None of your nodes show because ISY on Polisy is a different ISY.  BTW: There is no Z-wave adapter available yet for ISY on Polisy

Just now, asbril said:

I get it..... It is just for Geeks  :-)  Now I need to get my ISY back on this computer and am working at it.

Just re-add the info for it, copy write it down from 'finder' on your computer that it works, then press the add button in finder on the computer it's not working on.

2 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@MrBill,

Date and time comes from Polisy (under the System Menu). We still haven't added support for custom locations.

With kind regards,
Michel

That makes sense for time, but where in the world are the sunrise and sunset times from? they are a weird hour and a half or so wrong, yet they should be very close for the ??detected?? city.  I'm not sure how it got City, because this is what's set in Polisy, which is a different City and state than the one I blanked out, and sunrise/sunset isn't correct for chicago either.

image.png.51ea52cbef7f7c37d203e7739501fde3.png

All good here. Just one small issue. I need to use Admin Console (Cloud) from the launcher even though it is using the local IP address. If I use Admin Console (Lan) the launcher just hangs and needs to be restarted. Using port 8080. I did reinstall the launcher but no difference. Also just ordered the 2413u.

Thanks 

Gary

Being only an ISY user, am I to understand that a Polisy can now replace/emulate the ISY as a next gen version of the ISY?  I do need Z-wave on my ISY and I believe I read in a post above it does not yet support Z-wave through the ISY emulation?  Sorry if these are rudimentary questions, I've mostly not paid attention to discussion on the Polisy as the ISY has been able to do everything I've attempted to accomplish and I also read Polisy was not able to incorporate the ISY functions and migrate programming so it didn't draw me in.  Sounds like it is time to start looking at it as an ISY replacement/upgrade?

14 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Polyglot Settings:

NOTE: Polyglot does NOT allow connection to HTTPS sites with self signed certs. For now, please only use port 8080 and localhost (do not use the IP address).

@Michel Kohanim I haven't changed the default  Username/Password which works when I login through Admin Console but I am getting this in PG3 when I attempt to connect to Polisy ISY:

image.png.f8244ea041754a531036c8a5dad29706.png

I'm not sure of the actual status since it warns credentials are wrong but then reports the database was retrieved.

When I attempt to install a nodeserver in the Polisy ISY, I get the following:

image.png.f58bffc01f9064032adb9f8649519f59.png

Also note, in the attached error log, that the year is logging as 1951. Year is showing correctly in Polisy ISY.

ISY Error Log.v5.0.1__Tue 2021.07.20 06.46.08 AM.txt

This is cool. But I've got a few questions.

Is this upgrade able to be downloaded and installed when going through Polisy and using the check for updates option? I'm not sure if my abilities are quite up to the task otherwise.

Second, I've seen others mention the Insteon 2413U PLM USB interface, do I need one? (I'm assuming I will, eventually at least)

And finally, I've got a Polisy Pro, but it does not have a Z-Wave module correct? Is there a supported Z-Wave module for it? I've got a few Z-Wave devices and need the support. If there isn't a Z-Wave device/module yet will these devices be supported through the ISY to the Polisy?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, jmpnjimbob said:

This is cool. But I've got a few questions.

Is this upgrade able to be downloaded and installed when going through Polisy and using the check for updates option? I'm not sure if my abilities are quite up to the task otherwise.

Second, I've seen others mention the Insteon 2413U PLM USB interface, do I need one? (I'm assuming I will, eventually at least)

And finally, I've got a Polisy Pro, but it does not have a Z-Wave module correct? Is there a supported Z-Wave module for it? I've got a few Z-Wave devices and need the support. If there isn't a Z-Wave device/module yet will these devices be supported through the ISY to the Polisy?

Thanks.

1) not yet... it's still alpha, manual shell commands are being used today, when it's ready for prime time the menu commands will likely work.

2) ISY on Polisy is capable of either the 2413s or the 2413u.  to use the 2413s with ISY on Polisy you need the serial cable that arrived in the 2413s box originally (hopefully you kept it).

3) z-wave will be available soon, they haven't finalized the choice yet tho.  We can only assume it will be USB.

2 minutes ago, MrBill said:

1) not yet... it's still alpha, manual shell commands are being used today, when it's ready for prime time the menu commands will likely work.

2) ISY on Polisy is capable of either the 2413s or the 2413u.  to use the 2413s with ISY on Polisy you need the serial cable that arrived in the 2413s box originally (hopefully you kept it).

3) z-wave will be available soon, they haven't finalized the choice yet tho.  We can only assume it will be USB.

Crud. I'm excited to see this happening and would love to give it a go . . . but even though I understand what is happening when you're talking about connecting to the Polisy through shell commands I'm not as experienced as others here and don't want to screw anything up!

So . . . I'll be waiting a bit longer for things to be ironed out more before giving this a go.

Thanks for the info.

And the serial cable should be in the original box in the closet somewhere (I hope).

19 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello all,

Just so that we streamline version numbers (with ISY) and give less grief to Polyglot, please upgrade to 5.0.1:

Hello all,

To get started:

- sudo pkg update
- sudo pkg upgrade (this should upgrade your ISY to 5.0.1)
_ sudo service udx restart
- sudo service isy restart

Admin Console:

1. Use the Launcher
2. Click on the Add button and then enter the https://x.y.z.w:8443/desc or http://x.y.z.w:8080/desc where x.y.z.w is the IP address for your Polisy
3. Click on the Polisy row and choose LAN (direct from Polisy) or Cloud (from www). This will bring up the Admin Console
4. If you are using INSTEON, since INSTEON is disabled by default:

- Admin Console | Configuration Tab | System 
- Check INSTEON Support checkbox
- Click on the Save button and then Reboot button (restarts the ISY service)

Polyglot Settings:

Fixes:

1. Not connecting to Polyglot
2. Network module is now enabled by default so that you no longer need the ISY Portal Module

Enhancements:

1. OpenADR support by default

With kind regards,
Michel

Hi Michel, I dug out my Polisy device (straight from UDI) and followed the SSH commands and updated per your instructions.

I double checked and all pkgs are up to date.

The ISY service restart shows as not found and confirmed there is no reference to ISY in rc.d.

Am I missing a ISY pkg?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, mmb said:

Hi Michel, I dug out my Polisy device (straight from UDI) and followed the SSH commands and updated per your instructions.

I double checked and all pkgs are up to date.

The ISY service restart shows as not found and confirmed there is no reference to ISY in rc.d.

Am I missing a ISY pkg?

Thanks!

If your OS isn't yet updated that's likely the problem, include the results of

uname -a

in order for @Michel Kohanim to give the best answer. 

Also Michel, you should probably edit a prerequisite into your posts showing how to load ISY on Polisy.

I successfully upgraded to 5.0.2 (after getting everything up to date earlier).  However, I have only successfully gotten the admin console to open once.  I set my username/password and set the clock to 24 hours.  However, I doesn't start anymore.  And when you click on "Admin Console (LAN)" it locks up the launcher and you have to close that.  Running from a Mac with no issue with ISY device in the past.  Thanks, Jeff

2 hours ago, MrBill said:

If your OS isn't yet updated that's likely the problem, include the results of

uname -a

in order for @Michel Kohanim to give the best answer. 

Also Michel, you should probably edit a prerequisite into your posts showing how to load ISY on Polisy.

Here you go, thanks!

FreeBSD polisy 12.2-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p6 r369564 POLISY  amd64

I didn't realize loading the ISY was not included in the pkgs.

From another forum:

Yes but please do make sure:

1. Your are already on 12.2 (uname -a)
2. Make sure udx is on 2.1.2_1 (pkg info udx). If not, upgrade udx (sudo pkg upgrade udx)
3. Run cat /usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/update13.sh | sudo bash

This will upgrade you to 13, upgrade Python to 3.8, and then goes through all your node servers and upgrades them to use Python 3.8.

There will be one more massive upgrade which may need manual intervention (signing/verifying the bootloader). Once that's done, upgrades should be as smooth as ISY.

With kind regards,
Michel

6 minutes ago, bambamf16 said:

From another forum:

Yes but please do make sure:

1. Your are already on 12.2 (uname -a)
2. Make sure udx is on 2.1.2_1 (pkg info udx). If not, upgrade udx (sudo pkg upgrade udx)
3. Run cat /usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/update13.sh | sudo bash

This will upgrade you to 13, upgrade Python to 3.8, and then goes through all your node servers and upgrades them to use Python 3.8.

There will be one more massive upgrade which may need manual intervention (signing/verifying the bootloader). Once that's done, upgrades should be as smooth as ISY.

With kind regards,
Michel

Very helpful thanks. Can you point me to the one more massive upgrade?

Archived