ISY on Polisy v5.0.3 Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

2 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

All,

Found the issue: those who had already updated the kernel packages before, didn't get the new kernel. So, please do this:

sudo pkg update -f
sudo pkg install -f FreeBSD-kernel-polisy
sudo shutdown -r now

- after reboot
sudo service udx restart
sudo service isy restart

We are fixing a few bugs including the aforementioned. 

With kind regards,
Michel

Hi Michel, I'm up and running but my PLM still says disconnected. 

Have I missed a step?

Thanks!

mike

2 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@mmb,

Please make sure Insteon Support is checked in the Admin Console.

With kind regards,

Michel

Update: I tried several Polisy reboots but it didn't help.

I just unplugged/plugged in the PLM and a ISY reboot which got it going.

I was also able to add a switch and a lamplinc then crated a scene with no problems.

Thanks!

mike

Having trouble with upgrade. After upgrade and reboot restarting udx is fine but when restarting ISY I see:

[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo service isy restart
Stopping isy.
15    1 0xffffffff81d63000     8320 uftdi.ko
uftdi.ko is already loaded
Starting isy.
[admin@polisy ~]$

Admin console opens great on lan and cloud. But I have lost the portal tab. Gui and ISY both report v5.0.3 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tim

Never mind, Restore Modem is what I needed.

-------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know how to factory reset the 2448A7?  Or at least delete all of the links in it through the ISY interface (I have 2 links from some previous usage I don't remember).

File - Delete Modem says it removes the PLM (in addition to the links) from the ISY which is not what I want to do (unless adding it back is not an issue).

On 7/27/2021 at 11:24 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

@kzboray,

Polyglot v2 can only communicate with one ISY at a time. PG3 can communicate with multiple. So, are you certain that Polisy is configured to connect to your original ISY?
With kind regards,
Michel

As always you where right @Michel Kohanim. I found that I hadn't changed the IP addr for the ISY :oops:. My bad. Nothing to see here...move along.

All,

We have been tracking down a few issues with UD Mobile and it seems that we have a missed a few places where case insensitivity in ISY is now causing problems in Polisy. So, the question for you all:

If you have node servers installed, would you mind losing them (we'll have to wipe out the directory)?

With kind regards,
Michel

38 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

If you have node servers installed, would you mind losing them (we'll have to wipe out the directory)?

If you're referring to PG3 and/or the ISY on Polisy, then no issues at all.  Nothing in production on that platform here.

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@kzboray,

Thank you. But, this is only about ISY running on Polisy and not ISY itself. Is this still the case?

I just deleted all my node servers running on my ISY/PG3 so now would be the perfect time :) 

What is the specific issue with case?

Archived