Using ISY 994i in a small commercial setting + USB PLM (what is this witchcraft?)

Jamison_IO

2 minutes ago, simplextech said:

Black hub?  That's either a Lutron Connect box that provides integration to voice assistants (Alexa, Google, Siri) or that's a Lutron RA2 Select system.  RA2 Select does not support keypads which may be why there's none in the house.

Main Repeater RR-SEL-REP2 Radio RA2. Based on their Website it does show keypads. 

https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products/Pages/WholeHomeSystems/RadioRA2/Overview.aspx

2 minutes ago, silverton38 said:

Main Repeater RR-SEL-REP2 Radio RA2. Based on their Website it does show keypads. 

https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products/Pages/WholeHomeSystems/RadioRA2/Overview.aspx

That's the RA2 Select

https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/3691062_ENG.pdf

RA2 Select does not support keypads.  They have Pico's listed as "keypads".

2 hours ago, silverton38 said:

Your right. It looks like a Ceseta setup with different switches?

It's a in-between of Caseta Pro and Radio Ra 2.  You get most of the capabilities of RR2 but none of the advanced devices such as the keypads, embedded modules or HVAC controls.  From a programming aspect some of the sensors like occupancy are not exposed via the LIP (Lutron Integration Protocol) aka telnet interface.  To program a RR2 system you must use the Windows software (requires training/certification to access the download) but with RA2 Select you use the mobile app.

Now the plus of RA2 Select is that the devices are the same for full RR2.  Which means there's a easy upgrade path from Select to full RR2 which only requires replacing the main repeater.  RA2 Select also has native "cloud" functionality such as voice assistant integration and remote functions through the mobile app.  To get the cloud functions and such with RR2 you have to use the extra Connect bridge.

Happy to help with any Lutron questions or issues.

12 hours ago, simplextech said:

It's a in-between of Caseta Pro and Radio Ra 2.  You get most of the capabilities of RR2 but none of the advanced devices such as the keypads, embedded modules or HVAC controls.  From a programming aspect some of the sensors like occupancy are not exposed via the LIP (Lutron Integration Protocol) aka telnet interface.  To program a RR2 system you must use the Windows software (requires training/certification to access the download) but with RA2 Select you use the mobile app.

Now the plus of RA2 Select is that the devices are the same for full RR2.  Which means there's a easy upgrade path from Select to full RR2 which only requires replacing the main repeater.  RA2 Select also has native "cloud" functionality such as voice assistant integration and remote functions through the mobile app.  To get the cloud functions and such with RR2 you have to use the extra Connect bridge.

Happy to help with any Lutron questions or issues.

Thank you for that clarification.

I used the info from this thread to interface an Insteon USB wireless bridge (the 2413U USB PLM will work too) to an ISY994. It works, and isn't that hard to set up. I also have Z-wave stuff on my ISY - you can buy it with Z-wave support already installed.

Wait, is that an on-topic response?! Holy Hannah, I think it is.

Thanks for that. I’ll take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I communicated with Smarthome about the Serial PLM and here is the response.

Hello Sir/Madam,
Thank you for contacting Smarthome Support.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. We understand that you would like to know about the availability of our products, we would be happy to assist you further!

Unfortunately, we are sorry to inform you that the Insteon PLM (Item # 2413S) is out of stock (backorder) due to component shortages, and currently, we do not have an ETA on when the Insteon PLM (Item # 2413S) will be back in stock, but we are hoping it will be soon.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Feel Free to write to us for any further assistance.

Regards,

Martin Brown

-----Original Message-----
From: 000002653214 - DO NOT RENAME THIS ACCOUNT - ONLY CREATE NEW ACCOUNTS. Dot NA
Sent: 8/23/2021
Subject: Product Availability

When do you think you will get the serial PLM back in stock. I have had to buy other platform devices (z-wave) for new installations because I could not get this to put on an ISY. I am sure you can look at your Insteon sales and the day the PLM was out of stock and see what I am talking about. If this product is discontinued please let me know.

27 minutes ago, silverton38 said:

Hello Sir/Madam,

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. We understand that you would like to know about the availability of our products, we would be happy to assist you further!

Unfortunately, we are sorry to inform you that the Insteon PLM (Item # 2413S) is out of stock (backorder) due to component shortages, and currently, we do not have an ETA on when the Insteon PLM (Item # 2413S) will be back in stock, but we are hoping it will be soon.

Regards,

Martin Brown

From: 000002653214 - DO NOT RENAME THIS ACCOUNT - ONLY CREATE NEW ACCOUNTS. Dot NA

When do you think you will get the serial PLM back in stock. I have had to buy other platform devices (z-wave) for new installations because I could not get this to put on an ISY. I am sure you can look at your Insteon sales and the day the PLM was out of stock and see what I am talking about. If this product is discontinued please let me know.

This has already been talked about countless times on this thread and many others

Hello Sir/Madam,

Regards,

Martin Brown

Thanks. That is good news and much different than what we have heard in the past from these clowns.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Hey everybody, how are you?

I am also worried about the lack of serial PLMs and have lots of clients running ISY+SerialPLM. 

For this reason, I am putting together a fixing line for PLMs. 

Would you be interested in sending some units that failed for us to test the fixing?

if so, pls send a mail to:

fix-my-PLM@iprop.tech

I will send you the shipping details.

Tks a lot,

Ed

15 hours ago, Ed Ventura said:

I am also worried about the lack of serial PLMs and have lots of clients running ISY+SerialPLM. 

Would you be interested in sending some units that failed for us to test the fixing?

fix-my-PLM@iprop.tech

Tks a lot,

Ed

This is a good idea. 

On 8/24/2021 at 8:11 PM, Ed Ventura said:

fix-my-PLM@iprop.tech

Tks a lot,

Ed

That sounds like a good idea.

Are you going to have a vacuum solder removing machine. That has a vacuum source and hollow tipped soldering iron. That sucks the solder into a filter and leaves a clean pad around the components lead? As part of the setup? A few of the capacitor legs. Are in plated through holes and I have pulled out the plating when removing the soldered in capacitor.

If you get any of the V1.0 modules. It has rework. Where C7, C13 and the coil. Are hanging off of the board and a wire running to the back of the board. IMHO the original design didn't have the PI filter that was found to be needed. You will probably find different value C7 and C13 in different revisions.

20 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

The poster Ed Ventura. Sounds like a scammer

On 8/22/2021 at 6:33 PM, simplextech said:

Black hub?  That's either a Lutron Connect box that provides integration to voice assistants (Alexa, Google, Siri) or that's a Lutron RA2 Select system.  RA2 Select does not support keypads which may be why there's none in the house.

I already figure out it is the Radio RA select or as I put it Caseta+.

On 8/23/2021 at 6:51 PM, Steve L said:

I used the info from this thread to interface an Insteon USB wireless bridge (the 2413U USB PLM will work too) to an ISY994. It works, and isn't that hard to set up. I also have Z-wave stuff on my ISY - you can buy it with Z-wave support already installed.

Same here. Lightning took out my setup and I really had no option except to start over with something else. It really wasn't that difficult and if you take care laying it out, it can be done up to look pretty nice when it's done. I'd even consider making some for anyone who isn't handy w/ a soldering iron. Hit me up.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:01 PM, lilyoyo1 said:

I wouldn't accuse a long time member of being a scammer. Scammers typically don't hang around a forum interacting with members long term.  

He is a poster  from years back using a similar name. He may not be here much longer though.

Archived