Gator Grip Universal Socket - Does it work?

Teken

Summers coming down to a close and everyone is having their last garage sales. A friend messaged me last night and said he found some give away’s and $0.99 items while there.

He picked up one of these NOS Gator Grip universal socket drives. Has anyone ever used this toy like product with any measure of success?

Loved to hear your pro / con experience! My friend is going to drop it off next week and will make a video about my personal experience of the same.

https://amzn.to/2W6bpFz

for 99c, what the heck.  But my gut feeling looking at it is that the first time you try to really put any torque on it those fingers will get all f'd up.

I am thinking the same thing to be honest. I believe if you had absolutely nothing besides this or not the correct socket maybe it’s OK??

Can’t see myself ever using it but will stick it in the go bag for that just in case!
3 minutes ago, Teken said:

I am thinking the same thing to be honest. I believe if you had absolutely nothing besides this or not the correct socket maybe it’s OK?? emoji848.png

Can’t see myself ever using it but will stick it in the go bag for that just in case! emoji1787.png

I think where I would use it is with some all messed up bolt or some weird shaped thing that never was a hex head.  When it comes to hex head sockets, I have all of them, so I would never need this but for that odd ball job.

I think where I would use it is with some all messed up bolt or some weird shaped thing that never was a hex head.  When it comes to hex head sockets, I have all of them, so I would never need this but for that odd ball job.

Yeah, and we all know we would probably be using and doing ten other things to get it off from using vice grips, welding, grinder, to liquids!
2 hours ago, Teken said:

Summers coming down to a close and everyone is having their last garage sales. A friend messaged me last night and said he found some give away’s and $0.99 items while there.

He picked up one of these NOS Gator Grip universal socket drives. Has anyone ever used this toy like product with any measure of success?

Loved to hear your pro / con experience! My friend is going to drop it off next week and will make a video about my personal experience of the same. emoji2357.pngemoji1787.png

https://amzn.to/2W6bpFz

I have one. It's good for your run of the mill around the house stuff like they show in the pictures. I wouldn't use it to mount tvs or anything heavy duty. Just pre drill your holes

I have one. It's good for your run of the mill around the house stuff like they show in the pictures. I wouldn't use it to mount tvs or anything heavy duty. Just pre drill your holes

Why am I not surprised you own one of these tools?!? Does it have a lot of play / slop between the little pins?

When you turn it can you feel it spin a little bit before it actually moves whatever bolt?
1 hour ago, Teken said:

Why am I not surprised you own one of these tools?!? emoji2357.pngemoji1787.png Does it have a lot of play / slop between the little pins?

When you turn it can you feel it spin a little bit before it actually moves whatever bolt?

You know I like my toys. Time is money. Had to see if it worked. ? 

There's play in it but i wouldn't say it's too much for light stuff. It's definitely not made for anything major. 

48 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You know I like my toys. Time is money. Had to see if it worked. ? 

There's play in it but i wouldn't say it's too much for light stuff. It's definitely not made for anything major. 

Cool, I'm going to try this on a few lightly torqued bolts to some higher loads to see what happens once it arrives next week. Worst case its going to be one of those things sitting on my shelf with the *Tools of shame collection* ?

34 minutes ago, Teken said:

Cool, I'm going to try this on a few lightly torqued bolts to some higher loads to see what happens once it arrives next week. Worst case its going to be one of those things sitting on my shelf with the *Tools of shame collection* ?

I have some of those too. It may surprise you though

Archived