Yale Pro Zwave Lock reporting error

HI,

I just installed a new Yale Pro Z-Wave lock (YRD136) and am having problems with what it is reporting to ISY.

When it is locked from the keypad it reports "manually locked" and not "Keypad Locked" as it should.

All other reporting seems to be ok such as "keypad Unlocked by user XX", "RF locked", "RF unlocked"

if I manually lock it from the inside it reports "manually locked" as well as when I lock it from the keypad... this is a problem as I have a program that arms the security system if locked from keypad (outside)

FW 5.3.0

Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, WetCoastWillie said:

HI,

I just installed a new Yale Pro Z-Wave lock (YRD136) and am having problems with what it is reporting to ISY.

When it is locked from the keypad it reports "manually locked" and not "Keypad Locked" as it should.

All other reporting seems to be ok such as "keypad Unlocked by user XX", "RF locked", "RF unlocked"

if I manually lock it from the inside it reports "manually locked" as well as when I lock it from the keypad... this is a problem as I have a program that arms the security system if locked from keypad (outside)

FW 5.3.0

Any suggestions?

If start by upgrading to 5.3.4 as that is the latest release

@WetCoastWillie I agree with @lilyoyo1 that you should upgrade to 5.3.4. Is appears that there were some z-wave lock fixes along the way above 5.3. So getting up to the current build of Firmware might get you to a working status.

Once upgraded if you're still having problems further troubleshooting can be performed.

Since you're already at 5.3 the upgrade process should be "simple".

Find the release info here: https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/33287-release-534-test-build-is-now-available/

Actually I noticed that some of my old test programs no longer work. A couple years ago, I had programs that would disarm alarm if the correct user code was entered but I disabled because I didn't want to do this anymore. Now we have a code for person to enter and is supposed to email me, does not seem to work now.

Unlock Home Care - [ID 000D][Parent 0075]

If
        'Front Door' User Number is 5

Then
        Send Notification to 'email'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

@WetCoastWillie I would suggest opening a ticket with UD to get help directly to the issue. I'd only be guessing at this point as I don't have z-wave and don't run this lock.

Submit a Ticket:       https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets
Email:                           support@universal-devices.com

@brians To your email issue - what firmware are you on? What are your email settings? If the default email server and old firmware please note some changes were made and you'll need to upgrade (to 4.9 if on 4.x or 5.3.4 if on 5.x (with 500 series z-wave board)) or open a ticket to get user specific mail settings. I would suggest starting a new thread so you can get specific help for that issue (if you want/need help). 

I added my Yale into Polisy and I think I have the same issue. I was not sure what you were meaning at first but it seems like ISY adds more features and couple nodes than when I had originally added.

I programs are working now for a particular user that unlocks, now that I redid using the new Access Control Alarm node.

I am wondering if keypad lock means someone using a code to lock the door vs. placing hand over keypad - one touch locking.

51 minutes ago, brians said:

I added my Yale into Polisy and I think I have the same issue. I was not sure what you were meaning at first but it seems like ISY adds more features and couple nodes than when I had originally added.

I programs are working now for a particular user that unlocks, now that I redid using the new Access Control Alarm node.

I am wondering if keypad lock means someone using a code to lock the door vs. placing hand over keypad - one touch locking.

I'd submit a ticket to UDI. Sounds like a bug

Archived