Program stopped working after disconnecting router

Vinnie

I have an isy994i with a serial PL modem.  I had a button on an 8-button keypad programmed to execute an "all off" program that simply turned off each of the major living area lights so you could hit one button before going to bed.    It worked fine forever. 

We were getting ready to move as we are selling the house, and I disconnected my router the night before we were going to move.  I noticed that night that the "all off" button was not working although it had worked the night before.  I couldn't set everything up again in order to diagnose or test it as we had packed everything at this point.  I also had another switchlinc dimmer that was programmed to execute the "all off" program on double down click, and that didn't work either.  All my other scene buttons worked fine on that (and other) keypads. 

I ended up removing the "all off" button keycap and replacing it with a blank one to sell the house since I didn't want people to think it was broken, and there was now no way to connect to the ISY with my computer to investigate.  :)

Is there some reason disconnecting the router/wifi/internet would cause a program to no longer function?  The program was literally just a bunch of "turn scene/device off" commands.  

Thanks!

Yes -- I'm leaving it because there are many switches and outlets and timed schedules using it.  I think "all off" was the only actual program being used.  The other buttons just tied to scenes or individual devices mostly.

I don't have any experience trying to operate a 994 without an network connection.  Others may be able to comment on that.  You would think the programs would still be running but maybe it gets hung up trying to establish a network connection to something, (portal, polyglot, etc).  Not sure you still have access to it but maybe try a reboot to see what happens.

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I have an isy994i with a serial PL modem.  I had a button on an 8-button keypad programmed to execute an "all off" program that simply turned off each of the major living area lights so you could hit one button before going to bed.    It worked fine forever. 

We were getting ready to move as we are selling the house, and I disconnected my router the night before we were going to move.  I noticed that night that the "all off" button was not working although it had worked the night before.  I couldn't set everything up again in order to diagnose or test it as we had packed everything at this point.  I also had another switchlinc dimmer that was programmed to execute the "all off" program on double down click, and that didn't work either.  All my other scene buttons worked fine on that (and other) keypads. 

I ended up removing the "all off" button keycap and replacing it with a blank one to sell the house since I didn't want people to think it was broken, and there was now no way to connect to the ISY with my computer to investigate.  :)

Is there some reason disconnecting the router/wifi/internet would cause a program to no longer function?  The program was literally just a bunch of "turn scene/device off" commands.  

Thanks!

What are your devices tied to your program? The Isy will still work without the router for non IP  devices

I don't currently have access to the house now with a network/router.  I can be at the house physically, but without a router connected I have no way to run the ISY admin UI and examine what's going on or make ISY configuration changes.

The program only referenced other linked Insteon devices in the same home; primarily Switchlink devices that controlled lighting loads.

I don't currently have access to the house now with a network/router.  I can be at the house physically, but without a router connected I have no way to run the ISY admin UI and examine what's going on or make ISY configuration changes.

The program only referenced other linked Insteon devices in the same home; primarily Switchlink devices that controlled lighting loads.

Archived