Added First Z-wave - wow, lots of Z-waves!

jkraus

I added my first Z-wave Zooz ZEN34 battery operate switch, and all of the following added

image.png.2958772a512e2120ea46ab9b30c9ca55.png

seems only the first one "ZW 003 Basic Controller 2" would work in a scene to turn on and off the lite, but no dimming control.  What are all of the extra "devices" added?

Edited by jkraus

The additional Z-wave nodes are due to an anomaly between the Z-wave device and your controller. As oskrypuch mentioned, create a folder and move the nodes you aren't using into that folder, that way you won't see them.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue.  if these extra nodes are being added when you add a Z Wave device -- then there must be something in the U/D Z Wave "inclusion" programming routine that's adding them.  Why?  There must be a reason. I would think someone from U/D should know.  Maybe it would be helpful if someone from U/D could clarify what's happening so we can find some logic to the situation.

BTW, adding my Jasco Enbrighten ZW4009 switch added similar number of nodes, although not with the exact same names and not in the same order as your device.

Some Z-wave devices include extra nodes, it's possible that some controllers use those nodes. In order for UD to eliminate the phantom nodes they would have to look at every available Z-wave device which is time and cost prohibitive. 

Best to follow the advice in the posts above.

@dbroere If you're seeking help from Universal Devices the only/best way to do that is through a support ticket. 

Since you also posted a new thread here and this topic was a month old it's not likely that you'll get the answers you need in trying to bump an old thread when you already have a new thread posted.

You can start a support ticket through either of these methods:

Submit a Ticket:       https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets
Email:                           support@universal-devices.com

Locking this thread as it appears to no longer be an issue for OP. Other users can help @dbroere on his post