Support thread for: ISY on Polisy (IoP) v5.4.4 (May 25, 2022)

4 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@larryllix, in what scenarios will you be looking for a floating point remainder? 

With kind regards,
Michel

Here is one example. The one I posted in another thread.

Note the usage of the variable $Scratch.NoFrac (precision=0) . One line of code using a fractional modulus would have done the job of several  lines where I had to start over to recreate the same parameter and then use some Integer language math tricks to create a fractional modulus 5 minute variable. (or use the previous resultant, shift it left two places, do  an integer modulus 5, and then shift it right two decimal places again to recreate the fractional resultant)
I could have used $Clock.scratch %= 0.05 to accomplish this.

All the math seems to be there but there is no decimal shift correction included for decimal factors giving arithmetically incorrect answers.

I also ran into incorrect program responses creating an automatic evening light dimmer based on the system clocks but not wanting the bank of lights to be hit on every 1 minute. The $sSys.hh.5mm clock was the solution for that one also so the system could do it only once instead of so many programs with the same algorithm calcs.

clock.sync - [ID 0003][Parent 0002][Run At Startup]

If   
        // Run at Startup enabled

Time is 12:00:10AM
     Or Time is  6:00:10AM
     Or Time is 12:00:10PM
     Or Time is  6:00:10PM

Then  
        // update $sSys.MM.DD

$Clock.scratch  = [Current Day of Month]
        $Clock.scratch /= 100
        $Clock.scratch += [Current Month (Jan=1, Feb=2, etc.)]
        $sSys.MM.DD  = $Clock.scratch
        $sSys.MM.DD Init To $Clock.scratch

// update $sSys.hh.mm

Repeat Every  20 seconds
           $Clock.scratch  = [Current Minute]
           $Clock.scratch /= 100
           $Clock.scratch += [Current Hour]
           $sSys.hh.mm  = $Clock.scratch

// update $sSys.hh.5mm

$Clock.scratch.noFrac  = [Current Minute]
           $Clock.scratch.noFrac /= 5
           $Clock.scratch.noFrac *= 5
           $Clock.scratch  = $Clock.scratch.noFrac
           $Clock.scratch /= 100
           $Clock.scratch += [Current Hour]
           $sSys.hh.5mm  = $Clock.scratch
        Repeat 1 times

Else    
        // Run at startup will evaluate False

Run Program 'clock.sync' (Then Path)

• Thanks 1

@larryllix I wondered in the other thread, but didn't ask... what does the TIME portion of that program actually DO and why is it NEEDED?  I can't imagine the real world need?  Is this a holdover from version 4 when some functionality needed to be added via programs?  Well it can't really be that either.. .it uses repeat which i think came in with V5.

Edited by MrBill

Just migrated from ISYi99 to Polisy.  a few things I cannot get right

1) Enable TRM, asks for password  and reboots but does not switch the button to 'Disable TRM"

2) Cannot set the IP address of the ISY, its greyed out in the Admin Console and has  no impact on the Ployglot > ISYs > Edit Current ISY...No change

3) On the Polygot page >System > Reboot ISY

Failed to send reboot to ISY(xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx): Reboot command not sent to ISY successfully.
4) System Busy for extended periods ..seems excessive
Any Help on these issues?

Regards,

Mike2545
Edited by mike2545
spelling error
@larryllix I wondered in the other thread, but didn't ask... what does the TIME portion of that program actually DO and why is it NEEDED?  I can't imagine the real world need?  Is this a holdover from version 4 when some functionality needed to be added via programs?  Well it can't really be that either.. .it uses repeat which i think came in with V5.
I cannot remember the usages I had for it but the hh.mm and hh.5mm varies were used to trigger routines that could not not be event triggered from other sources. IOW polling certain variable or statuses. Been a while now but the hh.5mm one was used to dim lighting on a gradual basis for evening dimming where I didn't want ISY hitting on groups of lights so frequently.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, mike2545 said:

1) Enable TRM, asks for password  and reboots but does not switch the button to 'Disable TRM"

I know there was a reason for this, but not sure if it should be enabled or not. I think it's fine to leave it alone for now. Perhaps @Michel Kohanim can chime in to advise or you can open a support ticket to ask specifically about this. 

Is the "Upgrade BIOS" grayed out next to it?  

There was mention about this elsewhere in the forums (here and here), but nothing ever commented about having it enabled or not.

2) Cannot set the IP address of the ISY, its greyed out in the Admin Console and has  no impact on the Ployglot > ISYs > Edit Current ISY...No change

This is by design. I think because ISY service is running on Polisy (IoP) UDI has limited editing this for now so it is always at the same IP as the Polisy. You really don't want it to be with a different IP since it is a service running on the Polisy so it's at the same IP as the Polisy. 

If you're talking about a standalone ISY994 that is changed in the ISY994 admin console then has to be added as a different IP in the Polyglot (v3) setup. 

Make sure you've read through the wiki for further assistance if needed: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide

NOTE: You need to setup the ISY on Polisy (IoP) with whatever you setup for credentials for IoP. If you've changed credentials anywhere they don't automatically change everything connected to the Polisy. 

3) On the Polygot page >System > Reboot ISY

This is not currently implemented correctly. If you want to reboot the ISY do so through admin console.

4) System Busy for extended periods ..seems excessive

What system is busy? If PG3 (the web dashboard for Polyglot v3) then you need to pull the PG3 log files and open a support ticket with UDI. 

If IoP then make sure you turn off "write to battery" options and see if that settles things down. You might need to be sure you've linked all your battery devices (if you have any). It could be that if you migrated it hasn't re-linked the battery devices. 

You should also check any programs that are stuck in a loop. Look at the Programs tab then Summary tab and look for status and last run times. You can sort this tab by clicking on the headers to see what has run recently.

Please explain further what system is busy. 

Submit a Ticket:       https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

Getty, thank you for the reply. I submitted a ticket and it appears that my polisy OS is outdated (12.2)

I have submitted a ticket on how to reflash the SSD.

By system busy I mean the ISY system busy, no looping programs, thanks for the heads up on that

Also, emails/notifications do not work along with network resources, those dont work either.

maybe a reflash of the os will correct these issues?

Regards,

Mike2545

system busy.PNG

email.PNG

On 11/20/2022 at 9:33 AM, mike2545 said:

By system busy I mean the ISY system busy, no looping programs, thanks for the heads up on that

Also, emails/notifications do not work along with network resources, those dont work either.

maybe a reflash of the os will correct these issues?

I didn't think IoP would run on an old version of OS in the Polisy. Perhaps it was, but I thought that was introduced in 13. Let us know what happens with the support ticket and if they get everything sorted out. Once you get brought current on Polisy, PG3 and IoP versions then we can address if you still have issues. Perhaps at that point begin a new thread here so you can get help just for your issue(s).

Sometimes in these main support threads some questions/issues get convoluted and don't know what is or isn't helpful. So best just to have your own thread for your specific issue(s).  

IoP was working fine for months; some very long-standing programs either stopped running or slowed down dramatically (several minutes between event firing and status-checking program executing).

Poked around the AC and noticed "Out of Memory" errors under the program status display.   Anybody else experiencing anything like this?

out_of_memory.jpg

6 minutes ago, tritip.films said:

IoP was working fine for months; some very long-standing programs either stopped running or slowed down dramatically (several minutes between event firing and status-checking program executing).

Poked around the AC and noticed "Out of Memory" errors under the program status display.   Anybody else experiencing anything like this?

out_of_memory.jpg

did you try a reboot and / or power cycle ?

13 hours ago, tritip.films said:

Have you by chance deleted any devices or have devices fail that are no longer reachable by IoP? Look through some of the programs impacted for any errors that might look like this:

Warning:  Unrecognized Condition (program may not run)

If you see this in any programs fix it and SAVE the program tab again. 

Also, while unlikely because there haven't been posts about it with IoP, make sure your User Interface (UI) and Firmware (FW) match. In Admin Console go to HELP -> About and make sure these both have 5.4.5 and the timecode matches. IoX Launcher helps prevent the mismatch, but this was an issue back with the ISY994 4.x to 5.x migration and beta updates. 

One other option is to set the java runtime memory higher. 

Java runtime memory (when Admin Console is very slow to respond)

-      If the admin console is slow to respond, it is likely you need to increase the amount of memory allocated to the Java runtime (JRE).

-      Open the Java Control Panel, select Java tab, press View button, then add or modify the Runtime Parameter -Xmx to the following:

o   -Xmx512m

-      Press Ok to close the window, then Press Apply to save the changes

• 3 weeks later...

I need some guidance.

My ISY on Polisy is at 5.4.5 and my PG 3 is at 3.1.16. Everything works fine, but I have concerns on the firmware upgrade. In the migration instructions it says to go in the Administrative Console - File - Backup IoX. In another post I saw the attached pictureScreenshot_20221215_121352.png.b399745a9d98cba79eb62ea8f5fef49b.png.602b02c17c02d15bbda16d223c44dbd9.png which shows IoX below network. In my Administrative Console it shows Polisy instead of that IoX and I do not have the option to Backup IoX, and I only have Backup ISY.

Why don't I have IoX (apparently) anywhere ?

7 minutes ago, Techman said:

I think as they've been changing the name over to Iox they haven't changed the menu items yet. It's the same with 5.5.0

But for some it shows IoX.....

Anyway, I am waiting for my eisy and only then will I consider migration to the new board.

On 12/15/2022 at 5:51 PM, asbril said:

In my Administrative Console it shows Polisy instead of that IoX and I do not have the option to Backup IoX, and I only have Backup ISY

Don't sweat it. Remember you can RENAME the device/item whatever you want it to be. You've left the default name of Polisy. The image you posted came from somebody that named it IoX. 

Just don't rename it "silly blue box". It will crash and take over your house and never give back control! :D

If you're waiting for the eisy to show up then I'd sit tight on what you're running. Let things settle a little bit before you upgrade and have to fix what had been a working system just to convert to an entirely new system. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Don't sweat it. Remember you can RENAME the device/item whatever you want it to be. You've left the default name of Polisy. The image you posted came from somebody that named it IoX. 

Just don't rename it "silly blue box". It will crash and take over your house and never give back control! :D

If you're waiting for the eisy to show up then I'd sit tight on what you're running. Let things settle a little bit before you upgrade and have to fix what had been a working system just to convert to an entirely new system. 

Thanks so much ! 

There are days that I consider my self somewhat advanced with ISY and there are days that I am utterly confused by the multitude of sometimes contradicting posts.

As my setup works ok, I am going to wait till I get the eisy and hopefully by then there is more clarity (and possibly one or more firmware updates).

p.s.  I'll stay away from naming it  a "silly blue box" though that it what my wife thinks of my home automation  hobby slash obsession :-) 

• Like 2