Help with Z Wave details for Polisy

was able to add several Z Wave devices to a Polisy running mainly INSTEON.  the node list for added Z wave devices is a bit confusing.  Many nodes for each device (different than INSTEON).  Need to be able to form scenes with multiple INSTEON and Z Wave devices.

Is there somewhere I can go for help?

Most information is for older U/D devices.

attached screen shot is for a Jasco Enbrighten ZW4009 smart switch

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.38.10 PM.png

1 hour ago, dbroere said:

was able to add several Z Wave devices to a Polisy running mainly INSTEON.  the node list for added Z wave devices is a bit confusing.  Many nodes for each device (different than INSTEON).  Need to be able to form scenes with multiple INSTEON and Z Wave devices.

Most information is for older U/D devices.

attached screen shot is for a Jasco Enbrighten ZW4009 smart switch

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.38.10 PM.png

There's no difference. The same information applies. There isn't a device specific place to turn to as the same device can be different based on your Isy firmware along with device specific firmware. 

Generally, if you want to know what node does what, you'll need to play around with it to see how each responds. Some may require parameters to be set in order to work.

The full online manual for your specific device would be able to provide that information.

Edited by lilyoyo1
47 minutes ago, dbroere said:

You've come to the right place! Well...sort of.

Go check out the information in the z-wave (700 series) area of the forums: 

https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/218-z-wave-series-700/

As @lilyoyo1 says most information will be the same. Nothing has really changed from the ISY/Polisy/IoP side of things. Although, I don't use z-wave so I can't help specifically. Reading through the tips and tricks that @lilyoyo1 made could help. 

Otherwise, also check the ISY wiki for help and possible suggestions. 

2 minutes ago, Geddy said:

You've come to the right place! Well...sort of.

Go check out the information in the z-wave (700 series) area of the forums: 

https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/218-z-wave-series-700/

As @lilyoyo1 says most information will be the same. Nothing has really changed from the ISY/Polisy/IoP side of things. Although, I don't use z-wave so I can't help specifically. Reading through the tips and tricks that @lilyoyo1 made could help. 

Otherwise, also check the ISY wiki for help and possible suggestions. 

It's all exactly the same except for the difference in capabilities with the protocols. 

• Thanks 1