Updated 6/27/22 and broke PG3

I ran update upgrade and restarted PG3 through Putty today and none of the node servers will start in PG3 and show disconnected. I restarted everything and verified the ISY password in PG3 but none of the node servers will start. The errors I see in the main PG3 log are bellow it seems like some of the packets were missing in the update and it did say about having to install python packets separately but I did not take a screen shot of all it said when I should have. Should I put in a ticket or can somebody look at the update procedure and see if there is something wrong there?

6/27/2022, 18:54:37 [pg3] error: unhandledRejection REPORT THIS!: [object Promise], reason: TypeError: store.getPurchaseEntry is not a function

6/27/2022, 18:54:07 [pg3] error: [Virtual(2)] :: STDERR: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/edited_2/./Virtual.py", line 10, in <module> 6/27/2022, 18:54:07 [pg3] error: [Virtual(2)] :: STDERR: import udi_interface ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'udi_interface'

Yes, Python was updated.

I believe the problem is that the new version of python conflicts with the old version so the old version gets removed. This is very bad for all the node servers written in python.

Python uses the version number to determine where the third party libraries are installed. So what you're seeing is that the node servers start, but can't find any of the libraries they need.

UDI is working on a fix.

I have the same problem after the update yesterday.  Entered a ticket and Michel started working on it.  Looks like python moved from 3.8-3.9 and now no files in site-package under python 3.9 directory.   If you look for pip it only shows up under the python 3.8 directory.

9 minutes ago, EricBarish said:

I have the same problem after the update yesterday.  Entered a ticket and Michel started working on it.  Looks like python moved from 3.8-3.9 and now no files in site-package under python 3.9 directory.   If you look for pip it only shows up under the python 3.8 directory.

I just wish there would have been a warning posted because I would not of upgraded had I known. There has to be a way to reinstall what was removed but I don't know enough and all of my node servers are not working right now.

I apologize for the lack of communication.  This took us all by surprise.

I believe it was a OS update that changed the Python version, not a change made specifically by UDI.  Once we were aware of the issue, we were working just to understand the issue and come up with a fix.

The latest upgrade should migrate all the Python based node servers to 3.9 in a controlled manner allowing them to install and run properly again.

• Like 1
I apologize for the lack of communication.  This took us all by surprise.
I believe it was a OS update that changed the Python version, not a change made specifically by UDI.  Once we were aware of the issue, we were working just to understand the issue and come up with a fix.
The latest upgrade should migrate all the Python based node servers to 3.9 in a controlled manner allowing them to install and run properly again.

Should we do update as outlined in the two posts to ensure we are set for future or wait for additional details/clarifications/more straight forward upgrade.

To summarize advise I got from Michel:

From Polisy Admin Console | Configuration tab | Upgrade Packages. Once you hear 4 beeps, reboot Polisy

If that doesn’t fix it, SSH in and issue following commands

sudo unlink /usr/local/bin/pip3

sudo pkg upgrade udx

Reboot Polisy again 

6 hours ago, EricBarish said:

Found the issue and fixed it. Please click on Admin Console | Configuration tab | Upgrade Packages. Once you hear 4 beeps, reboot Polisy.

@bpwwer When I do this, I get one quick beep.. a delay of 1-2 seconds, adn then FIVE beeps.. what does this all mean? 

I was able to update and reconnect to my node servers on PG3 and PG2(still have one waiting of the PG3 version) using the commands Michel provided, but I notice that when I log into PG2 and check for Polisy updates, I don't get the reply I usually get.  Any one else seeing this?

2 hours ago, mbking said:

I was able to update and reconnect to my node servers on PG3 and PG2(still have one waiting of the PG3 version) using the commands Michel provided, but I notice that when I log into PG2 and check for Polisy updates, I don't get the reply I usually get.  Any one else seeing this?

I don't use PG2 any longer but I tested it and I don't get a response either. I usually update using putty but it is in the admin console now also but I have to boot up the computer for that.

Edited by tazman
On 6/28/2022 at 8:24 PM, dbwarner5 said:

@bpwwer When I do this, I get one quick beep.. a delay of 1-2 seconds, adn then FIVE beeps.. what does this all mean? 

Michel troubleshooted this for me and got me up and running. Here was his comment, which is way above my understanding... as usual.. THANKS @Michel Kohanim

"The issue was that there was a FreeBSD.conf in /etc/pkg preventing polisy from using pkg.isy.io packages."

• Like 1