MatterZ? ZMatter?

ZMatter or MatterZ or something else?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should we call our Z-Wave/Matter module?

• MatterZ
    • ZMatter
    • Zomezing elze!

18 hours ago, asbril said:

In all seriousness , I would call it something like ISY-Matter or IZ-Matter

I'd definitely put Matter first... it's the coming buzzword. I'd also be careful to use a term that search engines will correctly understand thus Matter Z (spoke as matterz) is likely the best choice.

• Like 3

I’d include 700 in title for the generation of z wave it’s spec’d to. I think I’d call it M700 or Matter 700 or MZ700 or something like that. 

That also gives you a trend to name the next gen board the MZ800 and so on.

Edited by ryarber
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

All,

Some good news! We have been testing the MatterZ samples on Polisy, and wow! Z-Wave range is fantastic. About 30 ft. direct to a door lock. Of course, this is Z-Wave so a little more testing before we declare superiority!

Also, as of last week, I moved all my development tools to eisy! So, I develop on eisy, test on eisy, and listen to music on it (bluetooth from youtube music) all at the same time. So, who said home automation product shouldn't be powerful? I think that was me so, I am officially retracting any previous statements to that effect. 😉

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

All,

Some good news! We have been testing the MatterZ samples on Polisy, and wow! Z-Wave range is fantastic. About 30 ft. direct to a door lock. Of course, this is Z-Wave so a little more testing before we declare superiority!

Also, as of last week, I moved all my development tools to eisy! So, I develop on eisy, test on eisy, and listen to music on it (bluetooth from youtube music) all at the same time. So, who said home automation product shouldn't be powerful? I think that was me so, I am officially retracting any previous statements to that effect. 😉

With kind regards,
Michel

espite thinking I read everything posted, what is the intended target audience for the eISY?

With polisy on the forefront, and still getting polished, is it being replaced? Superceded?

I don't get it?

Edited by larryllix

I am all for continuous improvement of the product and UD has never disappointed in the past whether hardware or software evolutions. My only hope/ask is we get an automated upgrade/conversion solution for folks on the 994 or Polisy to move their setups to the eisy.  This is a daunting task for those of us who have large z-wave setups, it’s not a trivial conversion/migration process and to be honest would make me hesitate on buying the eisy as I simple don't have the time to attempt something like this with my work, family, etc commitments that I and most of us all have.  Keep up the great work UD, fantastic products and even better people and leadership.   

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jwagner010 said:

I am all for continuous improvement of the product and UD has never disappointed in the past whether hardware or software evolutions. My only hope/ask is we get an automated upgrade/conversion solution for folks on the 994 or Polisy to move their setups to the eisy.  This is a daunting task for those of us who have large z-wave setups, it’s not a trivial conversion/migration process and to be honest would make me hesitate on buying the eisy as I simple don't have the time to attempt something like this with my work, family, etc commitments that I and most of us all have.  Keep up the great work UD, fantastic products and even better people and leadership.   

If i remember correctly Michel did say there was a way to upgrade zwave down to the 500 series 994

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

If i remember correctly Michel did say there was a way to upgrade zwave down to the 500 series 994

I have only seen what’s in the Wiki here and it outlines a manual z-wave migration process:  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide#Migrating_from_994_to_Polisy

If there is an automated process could someone point me in the right direction?

Edited by jwagner010
8 minutes ago, jwagner010 said:

I have only seen what’s in the Wiki here and it outlines a manual z-wave migration process:  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide#Migrating_from_994_to_Polisy

If there is an automated process could someone point me in the right direction?

The conversation was about eisy/MatterZ module. Neither is out yet so there are no instructions for it

Edited by lilyoyo1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, roberthleeii said:

I am a little confused is the eisy a new dongle that plugs in to the Polisy giving it matter/zwave functionality replacing the zooz zwave stick or a whole new polisy replacement? 

They're are 2 separate things. 

eisy- Newest system. its a Polisy replacement that has MATTER etc.

MatterZ board: Add on dongle for polisy which will replace the zooz (or whatever stick a person is using) usb stick on polisy

Edited by lilyoyo1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Blackbird said:

I havent even got my Polisy updated for ISY yet and now there is a new one?

Yes. Since I bought my phone, there have been literally 20+ more variations with 5G, flip, curved, faster, higher resolution, etc. It doesn't mean that I will have to change my phone. Especially since we will still support Polisy for another 3 years.

With kind regards,

Michel

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Blackbird said:

I havent even got my Polisy updated for ISY yet and now there is a new one?

Your comment is of course understandable, but technology evolves fast. When Polisy came out, Matter did not exist and Insteon still had a future. If UD remains static then it will soon become insignificant and I am actually in full admiration of how fast UD is coming out with a Matter compatible box.

On the other hand if Matter does not matter (☺️) to you, then Polisy will remain a well working option for you for quite some time, just like your ISY994 is most likely still performing.

My Iphone 12 Pro Max works fine, even though there is a Iphone 13,  with a 14 around the corner. Should I complain to Apple for coming out with a new phone ?

Edited by asbril