When Will Polisy Be Available For Purchase Again?

Riggins44

I haven't been on the forum much in quite a while, and though I have searched the forum (although I may have missed something?), I haven't seen any mention of when Polisy will be back in stock for purchase. I have wanted to buy one for a few months but it is always listed as "Out Of Stock." I would prefer to buy a PRO. Any time frame for availability again?

If this isn't the proper sub-forum for this question, please move it if necessary ..

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Riggins44 said:

I haven't been on the forum much in quite a while, and though I have searched the forum (although I may have missed something?), I haven't seen any mention of when Polisy will be back in stock for purchase. I have wanted to buy one for a few months but it is always listed as "Out Of Stock." I would prefer to buy a PRO. Any time frame for availability again?

If this isn't the proper sub-forum for this question, please move it if necessary ..

You may be better served by contacting universal devices directly on their website. They would know about their shipping times better than forum members 

• Like 1

Polisy likely won't ever be in stock again, due to worldwide hardware availability issues (a.k.a. "the chip shortage") Polisy has been replace in the lineup with "eisy" (all lowercase).  Availability was once stated I believe as "mid-September", no idea what the current time projection is tho.  Unlike Polisy, I don't believe there was a pre-sale.

• Like 3
On 9/9/2022 at 10:02 AM, MrBill said:

Polisy likely won't ever be in stock again, due to worldwide hardware availability issues (a.k.a. "the chip shortage") Polisy has been replace in the lineup with "eisy" (all lowercase).  Availability was once stated I believe as "mid-September", no idea what the current time projection is tho.  Unlike Polisy, I don't believe there was a pre-sale.

I heard that eisy may come in November. I am still hesitating on whether to get new board, which is coming very soon, or wait for the eisy. I understand that for Polisy I would need to open the Polisy and exchange the old board for the new one, which is not something I am too keen on. Supposedly the Polisy with new board is cheaper and would give sooner (*) access to the advantages of the new board. However, waiting for eisy would be more expensive, but supposedly the new board (or USB dongle) would be ready to go, and eisy comes with other improvements. So, tough choice.....

(*) I am traveling most of October, so the "sooner"  may not be a big thing for me.

Edited by asbril
17 hours ago, x046866x said:

So eisy will provide all the ISY and Polyglot capabilities (and hopefully have Matter support)?

Unlike polisy, eisy only has USB ports (4 of them). Except for an NVMe SSD, you cannot install anything else internally. So, for eisy, the ZMatter board will come in a USB form factor with two antennas sticking out. ZMatter is not included in eisy.

With kind regards,
Michel

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

the ZMatter board will come in a USB form factor with two antennas sticking out. ZMatter is not included in eisy

To make sure that I understand....  What you mean to say is that price-wise ZMatter is not included when buying  an eisy, but a separate USB will be available to achieve everything that comes with the upcoming new board for Polisy ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, asbril said:

To make sure that I understand....  What you mean to say is that price-wise ZMatter is not included when buying  an eisy, but a separate USB will be available to achieve everything that comes with the upcoming new board for Polisy ?

That is correct. I believe he mentioned the external USB drive for polisy will will work with eisy. That way, you can swap it to you eisy should you put purchase it later

Edited by lilyoyo1
36 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

That is correct. I believe he mentioned the external USB drive for polisy will will work with eisy. That way, you can swap it to you eisy should you put purchase it later

OK........ as you know I am not too smart and I am still confused....

The new board for Polisy includes Zwave and Zigbee, and it also includes various new Zwave features such as S2.

If I use my existing Zooz Zwave 700 USB stick on the eisy, then I have of course Zwave 700 on eisy, but what about the other features of the board ?

I am looking for a very clear description of the differences between the new Polisy board and eisy.

Edited by asbril
53 minutes ago, asbril said:

OK........ as you know I am not too smart and I am still confused....

The new board for Polisy includes Zwave and Zigbee, and it also includes various new Zwave features such as S2.

If I use my existing Zooz Zwave 700 USB stick on the eisy, then I have of course Zwave 700 on eisy, but what about the other features of the board ?

I am looking for a very clear description of the differences between the new Polisy board and eisy.

I'm not sure if the Zooz stick works with eisy so that would be the first/main thing. If it doesn't then it's worthless with eisy. Since other boards besides zooz, do work with polisy there's a chance that it will.

Besides the differences that you've stated, you would be limited to what you currently have with zwave. That means no ota updates via the Isy. You could still update your devices; you'd just have to put your zooz stick into your computer and use other software. 

You will not receive s2 (if that matters). The main benefit of the new board for you would be the ability to use direct associations to create your zwave scenes. 

Also, Michel has stated, all new features will come to the new board so if you stick with Zooz, you'll be limited to what you do now

Eisy is a whole new system that shares the same external adapter as Polisy. Think of it simply as Polisy 2.0

3 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I'm not sure if the Zooz stick works with eisy so that would be the first/main thing. If it doesn't then it's worthless with eisy. Since other boards besides zooz, do work with polisy there's a chance that it will.

Besides the differences that you've stated, you would be limited to what you currently have with zwave. That means no ota updates via the Isy. You could still update your devices; you'd just have to put your zooz stick into your computer and use other software. 

You will not receive s2 (if that matters). The main benefit of the new board for you would be the ability to use direct associations to create your zwave scenes. 

Also, Michel has stated, all new features will come to the new board so if you stick with Zooz, you'll be limited to what you do now

Eisy is a whole new system that shares the same external adapter as Polisy. Think of it simply as Polisy 2.0

I think that now I get it,  When you wrote ".........external USB drive for polisy will will work with eisy............"  you did not refer to the Zooz stick but to a new stick that will be the equivalent to the new board. NOW it makes sense to me. Thanks !!!!!

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, asbril said:

I think that now I get it,  When you wrote ".........external USB drive for polisy will will work with eisy............"  you did not refer to the Zooz stick but to a new stick that will be the equivalent to the new board. NOW it makes sense to me. Thanks !!!!!

You're welcome. Anytime. 

Theres an internal and external board for Matter 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You're welcome. Anytime. 

Theres an internal and external board for Matter 

Though we don't yet know the price of eisy, I am now inclined to wait for eisy, unless that external USB board is available sooner, in which case I do the 2-step approach.

1 hour ago, asbril said:

Though we don't yet know the price of eisy, I am now inclined to wait for eisy, unless that external USB board is available sooner, in which case I do the 2-step approach.

Michel said somewhere else that there will be an external usb adapter available to place the internal zmatter board to use in an eisy.

I am going to try to order zmatter board asap for my polisy as I see no need for eisy right now as it won’t add anything new software features over a polisy probably for quite a while.  It’s better zwave support I am looking at. 

6 minutes ago, brians said:

Michel said somewhere else that there will be an external usb adapter available to place the internal zmatter board to use in an eisy.

Interesting........  I remember indeed several days ago that the new board could be used both for Polisy and for eisy.  Yesterday Michel said that there we would not be able to add anything inside eisy. So your comment seems to make sense. However I also understood that (for Polisy) we would have the choice of a board or USB.

So now you raise a new doubt for me......  Will there be one or two USB devices; one to connect the board to eisy and/or one that is by itself the equivalent of the new board.

32 minutes ago, asbril said:

Interesting........  I remember indeed several days ago that the new board could be used both for Polisy and for eisy.  Yesterday Michel said that there we would not be able to add anything inside eisy. So your comment seems to make sense. However I also understood that (for Polisy) we would have the choice of a board or USB.

So now you raise a new doubt for me......  Will there be one or two USB devices; one to connect the board to eisy and/or one that is by itself the equivalent of the new board.

It doesn't make sense for 2 separate boards that accomplish the same thing so I'm inclined to believe it's a single external USB drive for both polisy and wish. This is especially so since the polisy drive works with eisy.

37 minutes ago, asbril said:

I got the impression that the USB option may not be available right away and the only ones we are told available for preorder end of this week are going to be the internal ZMatter boards. I could be wrong, if you have option to purchase USB then go for that right away, but I think its why Michel mentioned you can upgrade later on using a USB adapter for EISY and use the existing Zmatter polisy board. It could also be that the actual EISY USB ZMatter they will sell for EISY are going to be configure as a ZMatter board inside a USB adapter.

Edited by brians
12 minutes ago, brians said:

I got the impression that the USB option may not be available right away and the only ones we are told available for preorder end of this week are going to be the internal ZMatter boards. I could be wrong, if you have option to purchase USB then go for that right away, but I think its why Michel mentioned you can upgrade later on using a USB adapter for EISY and use the existing Zmatter polisy board. It could also be that the actual EISY USB ZMatter they will sell for EISY are going to be configure as a ZMatter board inside a USB adapter.

You are probably right

• 1 month later...