Will UnifiPresence for PG3 replace Presence-Poly on PG2?

I'm currently relying on the Presence-Poly on PG2 on an ISY994. I'm hoping to upgrade to the EISY and PG3 when it comes out in November. It doesn't seem like the presence-Poly will be supported on PG3 as I haven't seen any development activity for years and can't find contact information for the developer. all my networking equipment is Unify based. Should I expect UnifiPresence to be a suitable replacement? Is there a cost to the PG3 node servers?

8 hours ago, photogeek54 said:

I'm currently relying on the Presence-Poly on PG2 on an ISY994. I'm hoping to upgrade to the EISY and PG3 when it comes out in November. It doesn't seem like the presence-Poly will be supported on PG3 as I haven't seen any development activity for years and can't find contact information for the developer. all my networking equipment is Unify based. Should I expect UnifiPresence to be a suitable replacement? Is there a cost to the PG3 node servers?

PG3 allows developers to make money off their work so there is a charge for many PG3 node servers though some are free. There is no set fee so developers are able to set their own price.

I don't use either one of those node servers so i can't answer your questions. 

Unifipresence is on PG2. You can download that for free and test it in the meantime to see if it does all that you would need it to do for your system. 

10 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Unifipresence is on PG2

UnifiPresence is also on PG3, and also free. 

Documentation from the PG3:
https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-presenceUnifi-nodeserver/blob/main/README.md

Although, based on this comment from @Michel Kohanim I'm not sure if the Node Server will work or if the developer is active any longer. 

What are you running node servers on currently? rpi or Polisy?

• 2 weeks later...