Paid WF 3.0.24 in PG3: "Please enter at least one station ID"

Snibley
Go to solution Solved by Bumbershoot,

I *cannot* get past this error, what am I (not?) doing?...

In Configuration, I added a custom parameter, trying both "Station ID", and "StationID"

For that parameter, I entered the value "ST-0000nnn" (n's replaced by my Tempest's apparent ID.)

...and EVERY time, I get the "enter at least one station ID" error.

The single unusual condition I can offer, is that WeatherFlow recently replaced the Tempest station because the original's battery wouldn't accept a charge and had steadily declining maximum voltage.  Original hub was kept.  I can access the new Tempest fine on desktops and in Android.

Help?

Thanks,

Snibley

• Solution

@Snibley, the Station ID is a five digit number (you can find it under the "Status" menu), and you have to use that value in a Custom Parameter in the node server configuration, "Add Custom Parameter":

Key        <your five digit station id>

Value     local

Edited by Bumbershoot
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The station's units are the first thing it tries to get from the server.  Either

1) the station id you entered is wrong

2) the api key is wrong

3) your station doesn't have any devices associated with it (maybe, not sure if this would have station units or not).

8 hours ago, someguy said:

Which station ID formatting is correct?

ST-00012345

?

None of those are the station id.  The ST-00012345 is a device ID (tempest device) 

when you log into your account via the web app, the station is part of the URL. For example, mine shows

tempestwx.com/station/4697/  <-- the 4697 is my station ID

Or from the status screen on either the mobile app or web app

image.png.aebb5046eb9f2af48fc204a497616844.png