Firmware 2.7.12 BETA is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Illusion,

I still think that the applet is using Java 1.5 ... it should not and that's the issue (our applet is complied with Java 1.6 and there's a mismatch).

Clarence,

If you do not want to include EZRain zones in scenes, then I do not see any problems. If you want to include EZRain in scenes, then it might not work.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Here is the console copy when the admin.jnlp is run:

Java Web Start 1.6.0_17

Using JRE version 1.6.0_17-b04-248-9M3125 Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM

User home directory = /Users/XXXX (Obscured)

----------------------------------------------------

c: clear console window

f: finalize objects on finalization queue

g: garbage collect

h: display this help message

m: print memory usage

o: trigger logging

p: reload proxy configuration

q: hide console

r: reload policy configuration

s: dump system and deployment properties

t: dump thread list

v: dump thread stack

0-5: set trace level to

----------------------------------------------------

Hi Illusion,

Thanks so very much for the Java console output: it's indeed what I had expected: your JNLP is using Java 1.6 but your applet is using Java 1.5. I am not sure how MAC would decide what engine version to use but using 1.5 is indeed the issue.

The WB module is a bug!

Thanks again and with kind regards,

Michel

VERY minor, but ... Normally the java ICON for the Admin Console is a house on a clear background. With 2.7.12, it's a black background, and there are 5 squiggly white lines thru the icon block like lightning bolts. I thought something was corrupt on my computer, but when I installed it on another computer, I got the same thing.

Hi Illusion,

Thanks so very much for the Java console output: it's indeed what I had expected: your JNLP is using Java 1.6 but your applet is using Java 1.5. I am not sure how MAC would decide what engine version to use but using 1.5 is indeed the issue.

The WB module is a bug!

Thanks again and with kind regards,

Michel

Changing the order in Java Preferences has no positive effect. Even disabling Java 1.5 and leaving 1.6 enabled will not help. Problem is confirmed on another Mac running 10.5.8 Leopard.

Problem does not exist on Mac running Snow Leopard 10.6.X which of course only has Java SE 6 (1.6) available.

Interestingly though, on a Leopard 10.5.8 machine if I change the Java settings so that applets will run in their own process instead of within the browser process, not only does it call up 1.6 and work, it no longer crushes the program details window.

Now this is not an acceptable option for me as changing this setting breaks Java in my other necessary web pages.

I do not need a fix on this, as I have been using the JNLP ever since you set it up last year. Just letting you know all the info I have in case there is a potential fix here for others.

This may have been reported earlier, but I have seen (even in ver 2.7.11) that on occasion during the initial loading of the ISY that the "system busy' message appears and the system hangs.

I am able to click program status and the other tabs and they seem to work.

The one thing that doesn't work is the "Event Viewer" so I can't see anything that is going on. I think that this problem is systemic. If I close the application and restart MyLighting it will restart, running correctly but on occasion it may take a couple of restarts to make things work correctly.

If anyone else has seen this please post your experience.

Clarence

I subscribed to the 2.7.12 and received the email with the link. I clicked on the email and it says that I am registered and that I will receive instructions via email. I have not.

two questions:

1) how do I get 2.7.12 installed. by the way, I'm on 2.7.5 now.

2) why is 2.7.12 so much more challenging to get installed when compared to the older versions?

thanks for the help,

someguy

This may have been reported earlier, but I have seen (even in ver 2.7.11) that on occasion during the initial loading of the ISY that the "system busy' message appears and the system hangs.

I am able to click program status and the other tabs and they seem to work.

Clarence

Upgraded to 2.7.12 from the 2.7.0 that came with my system. I am having the same issue. When I first start up the admin console I get the "system busy" message. I have to close the admin console and restart it and then everything seems to be okay. I am using a url of http://ip address/admin.

T-Stat anomaly

Program: Setback Failure-Bedroom Heat (contained in a folder that only allows running when I am "Away":

If
       Status  'Bedroom T-Stat' is Mode Heat
   And Status  'Bedroom T-Stat' is not 58° (Setpoint)

Then
       Send Notification to 'Illusion's Email'

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Email received March 12, 2010 7:49:48 AM CST:

Setback Failure-Bedr

'Bedroom T-Stat (11 92 8C 1)' Thermostat Mode set to Heat at 2010/03/12 7:49:40 AM.

Relevant Log Entries:

Bedroom / Bedroom T-Stat Status Query° Fri 2010/03/12 07:34:25 AM Program Log

Bedroom / Bedroom T-Stat Status 69° Fri 2010/03/12 07:34:25 AM System Log

Bedroom / Bedroom T-Stat Thermostat Mode Off Fri 2010/03/12 07:34:25 AM System Log

Bedroom / Bedroom T-Stat Setpoint 0 Fri 2010/03/12 07:34:26 AM System Log

Bedroom / Bedroom T-Stat Status Query° Fri 2010/03/12 07:49:38 AM Program Log

Bedroom / Bedroom T-Stat Thermostat Mode Heat Fri 2010/03/12 07:49:39 AM System Log

Bedroom / Bedroom T-Stat Setpoint 116 Fri 2010/03/12 07:49:40 AM System Log

Bedroom / Bedroom T-Stat Humidity 23% Fri 2010/03/12 07:49:40 AM System Log

Using Version 1 t-stat adapters.

Why is the temp setpoint sometimes reported at double the actual value? I see this often in my log file for multiple t-stats. Why do I only rarely get an erroneous notification of setback failure?

The t-stat was set properly, and I should not have received a notification at all in this case.

Hi illusion,

First of all, there was indeed a problem with v1 thermostats providing the wrong setpoint.

Second of all, it's always best to use either Heat or Cool setpoint (not just setpoint).

And, finally, when the thermostat mode is Off, the setpoints change to 0 which causes your condition to be true.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi illusion,

Second of all, it's always best to use either Heat or Cool setpoint (not just setpoint).

And, finally, when the thermostat mode is Off, the setpoints change to 0 which causes your condition to be true.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks, I missed that. All programs changed to Heat or Cool setpoints instead of just setpoints.

The t-stat has to be mode heat AND setpoint other than 58 to be true...

Archived