Need advice on problem with two blinds in a Z-Wave scene with ZMatter

zmarty

I don't know if this is a ZMatter specific issue since I don't have much experience with previous UDI Z-Wave solutions. I am using Polisy Pro +  the ZMatter board in a brand new Z-Wave network.

I have two Bali Z-Wave blinds side by side in the same room. I want to group them in a Z-Wave scene so that I can control them at the same time. Both blinds show up as Class C Motor Control.

ISY can control both blinds just fine individually (On, Off work as expected), but when I group them in a Z-Wave scene and hit On, the only both open half way (exactly 50%). What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

image.png

Edited by zmarty

I'm not familiar with the Bali blinds, but I use Zwave with my Somfy blinds. With Somfy you first have to program then using the Somfy remote setting the open and close positions. Once programmed they only recognize either open or close from the Zwave  (ISY or Polisy) controller. 

Currently, Zwave scenes are somewhat problematic. Try creating a program, include each blind in the program then control the program via a zwave command or insteon command

Edited by Techman
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, zmarty said:

I don't know if this is a ZMatter specific issue since I don't have much experience with previous UDI Z-Wave solutions. I am using Polisy Pro +  the ZMatter board in a brand new Z-Wave network.

I have two Bali Z-Wave blinds side by side in the same room. I want to group them in a Z-Wave scene so that I can control them at the same time. Both blinds show up as Class C Motor Control.

ISY can control both blinds just fine individually (On, Off work as expected), but when I group them in a Z-Wave scene and hit On, the only both open half way (exactly 50%). What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

image.png

Please show screenshots with the device in scene highlighted

31 minutes ago, Javi said:

In the last screenshot click the default drop down and you should be able to configure the command when the the ON command is sent to the scene

Thanks. I think this works. However, does this turn the scene into a one command scene, compared to a scene that can accept both On and Off? I was hoping to create a single virtual blind that controls both.

12 hours ago, zmarty said:

Thanks. I think this works. However, does this turn the scene into a one command scene, compared to a scene that can accept both On and Off? I was hoping to create a single virtual blind that controls both.

Have you tested this?   I believe the off (DOF) command is still sent assuming it's supported by the device.