Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

Looking at the instructions again, I think I should be fine to revert to Zooz:

I just made a new backup from V5.5.0

I will shut down, remove Zooz stick and reboot...then press the Move to ZMatter Z-Wave button

Then after reboot I should be able to re-add Z-Wave.

If something goes wrong, I can just restore the backup and plug back in the Zooz. The only issue would be any Z-Wave devices I would have experimented, used previous in Zooz in ZMatter, would have to be re-included back in Zooz again (I think there may be some stray original nodes however left in Zooz which can be removed using SiLabs Wave PC controller software - remove failed node to clean up).

I am at v5.5.0, but have not clicked the button on the Polisy Pro (IoX) configuration page to move to Zmatter.  I was told yesterday by UDI support that there were additional patches that needed to be applied before I should do that.  All of my Zwave devices are currently on my ISY994i with integrated Zwave, but would eventually like to migrate everything over to my Polisy Pro or possibly get the eisy when it becomes available.  Right now I'll just play with the Zmatter on the Polisy to learn how that works.  But don't want to migrate until it is safe to do.

1 minute ago, tazman said:

You can retrieve the list from the AC if you click on the top folder or download from Tools Generate Topology

Yes that is how I originally generated mine, but I also like to keep track in a spreadsheet. 

Regarding Z-Wave S2, looking at other forums there seems to be discussion that if PIN code is lost then cannot use S2 authenticated for that device anymore. Many devices have it on a sticker, but some may include in a piece of paper. I went through some similar frustration on older version of LiFX and homekit pairing codes - I misplaced the boxes but discovered that the code is written in very tiny print on the base of bulb. Newer LiFX could apparently retrieve code from HK so don't have to go up and unscrew bulb.

• Thanks 1

A couple of gotcha's with GoControl/Linear Garage Door Openers.  I have two of these devices and they both operate similarly.  They included fine, but the devices never showed up in the device list.  They were excluded/included again, and this time with the "S2 Access" box unchecked (only S0 is checked), and the interview completed and devices appeared in the device list.  They control the doors just fine, but the "Status" value never appears.  I changed batteries a couple of times in the tilt sensors, but to no avail.

@Chris Jahn

I sent in a couple of support tickets but they bounced back. Not sure if you received them.  Here's the contents:

1.  Zwave devices are showing up as ZY rather than ZW

2.  Polisy  5.5.0 with current package updates,  Zmatter board, Multisensor 6

When the motion sensor node is triggered, its status is correctly shown in the level 3 event log and in the Polisy status window. However, neither the level 3 event log nor the Polisy status window shows the motion off status which occurs 4 minutes after motion detection. 

The sensor motion display was correctly working with the Zmatter board and the previous Polisy firmware

Edited by Techman

FYI: I had a Z-Wave network working just fine with the ZMatter board and v5.4.5, but when I upgraded to v5.5.0 through SSH my Z-Wave devices stopped working (nodes visible, but no status update and no action happened for on/off etc). I then went and pressed the move to ZMatter button as per instructions, which then happily went on and nuked my Z-Wave network. Nobody thought of my corner case and I guess the assumption was that everybody had this Zooz dongle. I didn't.

Good thing I only had <10 devices moved over.

Edited by zmarty
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, zmarty said:

FYI: I had a Z-Wave network working just fine with the ZMatter board and v5.4.5, but when I upgraded to v5.5.0 through SSH my Z-Wave devices stopped working. I then went and pressed the move to ZMatter button as per instructions, which then happily went on and nuked my Z-Wave network. Nobody thought of my corner case and I guess the assumption was that everybody had this Zooz dongle. I didn't.

I have UD Mobile version 0.177 on Android. Should this fail with ZMater and v5.5.0?

image.thumb.png.a931512129530c41122bb0a252447777.png

28 minutes ago, Techman said:

@Chris Jahn

I sent in a couple of support tickets but they bounced back. Not sure if you received them.  Here's the contents:

1.  Zwave devices are showing up as ZY rather than ZW

2.  Polisy  5.5.0 with current package updates,  Zmatter board, Multisensor 6

When the motion sensor node is triggered, its status is correctly shown in the level 3 event log and in the Polisy status window. However, neither the level 3 event log nor the Polisy status window shows the motion off status which occurs 4 minutes after motion detection. 

The sensor motion display was correctly working with the Zmatter board and the previous Polisy firmware

For ZMatter there is the ZMatter Board and the new ISY ZMatter implementation of Z-Wave.

If you use the "Move to ZMatter Z-Wave" button, the ISY will reboot and you will start using the new implementation.  Nodes in the new implementation begin with "ZY", nodes in the original implementation begin with "ZW"

The ZMatter Board, Zooz, etc. works with the original implementation

Only the ZMatter Board works with the new implementation.

Thanks for reporting the motion sensor off issue, we will try to recreate it here

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, zmarty said:

FYI: I had a Z-Wave network working just fine with the ZMatter board and v5.4.5, but when I upgraded to v5.5.0 through SSH my Z-Wave devices stopped working. I then went and pressed the move to ZMatter button as per instructions, which then happily went on and nuked my Z-Wave network. Nobody thought of my corner case and I guess the assumption was that everybody had this Zooz dongle. I didn't.

I am unhappy to report that now I cannot add my Bali Spring Fashions Autoview mini remotes. They used to work just fine with the previous version through the ZMatter board. Now I can remove them from the network but never add them back. 

Ok I went and found the log.

Removing the remote

Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:16 PM : Z-Wave Listening for Z-Wave devices to remove from the network
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:21 PM : Z-Wave Z-Wave device detected, start removing from network
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:21 PM : Z-Wave Z-Wave device removed
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:21 PM : Z-Wave Idle
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:21 PM : Z-Wave Idle

Adding the remote
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:28 PM : ---- Start Adding Devices - S2 Standard ---
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:28 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] Start Include S2 Standard highpower=true
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:28 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] Added 'CommandAdded' callback 0x802be7468
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:28 PM : Z-Wave Listening for Z-Wave devices to add to the network
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : Z-Wave Z-Wave device detected, start adding to network
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : Z-Wave Z-Wave device detected, retrieving info
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : Z-Wave Z-Wave device added
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x20
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x59
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x5A
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x5B
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x5E
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x72
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x73
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x80
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x84
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x85
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x86
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : [ZWAVE-INCL-S2STD] 'CommandAdded' callback: ccId=0x26
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:35 PM : Z-Wave Idle
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:39 PM : [Device 12] Waiting on interview complete (374 ticks remaining)
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:41 PM : [Device 12] All interviews are done
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:41 PM : ZWAVE-WORKQ-34   Queue sync device 12
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:41 PM : ZWAVE-WORKQ-34   Start sync device 12
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:41 PM : [ZWAVE-SYNC  12] Device mismatch, Removing all existing ISY files/objects for Z-Wave device

Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:41 PM : [SYNC-DEVICE 12.0] Set commands will now be accepted by the controller
Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:41 PM : [ZWAVE-SYNC  12] Not multichannel

Sat 12/17/2022 01:41:41 PM : ZWAVE-WORKQ-34   Finished sync device 12

Edited by zmarty

Good news...

I shut down Polisy (eg. pulled power)
Removed Zooz stick
Plugged back in
In AC, clicked move to ZMatter button

Added first device which is Yale Assure door lock and shows up as ZY 002. Excluded then Included. Took a while interviewing process but it now shows and I adjusted programs that run based on door user and is working fine.

Will add rest of devices later because wife wants me to go shopping with her just as I started this :(

Note: I did a highly detailed audit of my Z-Wave devices prior to doing this... I even added the include/exclude instructions in spreadsheet unique to each device so I don't have to go hunting around manuals while doing this.

36 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

For ZMatter there is the ZMatter Board and the new ISY ZMatter implementation of Z-Wave.

If you use the "Move to ZMatter Z-Wave" button, the ISY will reboot and you will start using the new implementation.  Nodes in the new implementation begin with "ZY", nodes in the original implementation begin with "ZW"

The ZMatter Board, Zooz, etc. works with the original implementation

Only the ZMatter Board works with the new implementation.

Thanks for reporting the motion sensor off issue, we will try to recreate it here

Chris, I'm now getting a pop up box, when the admin console is open, every time the multisensor 6 motion is triggered.

Note: The only device I have installed is the Multisensor 6 for testing purposes prior to a migration.

Screenshot 2022-12-17 133824.jpg

Just now, Techman said:

Chris, I'm now getting a pop up box, when the admin console is open, every time the multisensor 6 motion is triggered.

Note: The only device I have installed is the Multisensor 6 for testing purposes prior to a migration.

This is the "Detect Button Press" mode that by default is supposed to be Off, but for some people it is On.  You can turn it on/off Using Z-Wave | Detect Button Press | [On|Off]

Some devices send BASIC SET when a button on the device is pressed or a sensor triggered.  For older devices the ISY cannot map them to a node because it is doesn't have enough information.  You likely have at least one 'Assoc Only' node for Device 2 that you turn into an On / Off switch based on that event (use the right+click menu on the Assoc Only node)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

This is the "Detect Button Press" mode that by default is supposed to be Off, but for some people it is On.  You can turn it on/off Using Z-Wave | Detect Button Press | [On|Off]

Some devices send BASIC SET when a button on the device is pressed or a sensor triggered.  For older devices the ISY cannot map them to a node because it is doesn't have enough information.  You likely have at least one 'Assoc Only' node for Device 2 that you turn into an On / Off switch based on that event (use the right+click menu on the Assoc Only node)

Apparently, it defaulted to ON after I rebooted the Polisy. The Multisensor 6 motion is what triggered it. I don't see an "Assoc only" option.

39 minutes ago, Techman said:

I got that one too, but I turned it off: Z-Wave | Detect Button Presses | Off

I tried the 'update package' again and now I have lost Portal access and the Polisy's middle and right LEDs are blinking fast. I can still connect via SSH and and the AC comes up, but throws errors. F/W still shows as 5.4.5. I opened a ticket yesterday and awaiting a response.

In the meantime, is there anything I can try myself to get at least to a working state again? TIA!

5 minutes ago, waffles said:

I tried the 'update package' again and now I have lost Portal access and the Polisy's middle and right LEDs are blinking fast. I can still connect via SSH and and the AC comes up, but throws errors. F/W still shows as 5.4.5. I opened a ticket yesterday and awaiting a response.

In the meantime, is there anything I can try myself to get at least to a working state again? TIA!

I would try to update pkg with

sudo pkg update

sudo pkg upgrade pkg

sudo reboot -r

then bring up the AC and hit the update package button

I have seen so much information that I  am utterly confused.

• I am exclusively Zwave, plus some wifi devices.
  • I have a Polisy Pro with the Zooz 700 usb stick
  • I have the new ZMatter board installed in my Polisy, but I am waiting for the migration until I receive my eisy and when the tool is deemed to be ready.
  • Polisy is at 5.4.5  and PG3 is at  3.1.16

(1)  Should I Upgrade to 5.5. now ?

(2)  What is proper procedure  for the 5.5. upgrade, in the Administrative Console or Pressing the button on Polisy ?

I know that there are descriptions of the procedure but there are so many comments (including on problems) that I need a clear & simple explanation.

Thanks

just wanted to update this thread- I reconfigured the Aeotec Gen 6 range extender for "secure communication" and added another Zwave external switch near the  Kwikset 910 and the lock added to the network this time.  The distance to the Polisy was only approx 25 ft but the other devices seemed to have made the difference.