Can't remove PLM; ISY boots into safe mode on next reboot after deleting and disconnecting PLM

Ted

Am I missing something? I use the "Delete Modem (PLM)" option in the admin console. It provides no feedback or errors. The next time I reboot ISY with the PLM physically disconnected, ISY boots into safe mode because it can't communicate with the PLM.

The last Insteon device I had connected was removed over a year ago so there are no more Insteon devices configured with the PLM.

ISY v 5.3.4

Edited by Ted

@Ted You're probably using a firmware on the ISY (994?) that is looking for the PLM. If you're not using a PLM you need to get a version that is noted for "Not having a PLM". 

What firmware are you using? Look in the current release area for your release and there should be a link for the z-wave/non-PLM version.

Once you install that Firmware the ISY994 will not look for a PLM and will boot normally.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Geddy said:

You're probably using a firmware on the ISY (994?) that is looking for the PLM. If you're not using a PLM you need to get a version that is noted for "Not having a PLM".

That's likely the answer I need. Thank you!

1 hour ago, vbphil said:

Is there an Insteon checkbox on the AC Configuration System tab?

That only applies to ISY on Polisy and eisy. Since @Ted referenced being on v 5.3.4 that an ISY994 firmware. Those specifically had Insteon or "Non-PLM" based firmware that always had 2 links. 

For 5.3.4 it's the second link in step 3:

3.  Download firmware

-  ISY 994i Series including Z-Wave support

-  ISY 994i ZW, Z, or ZS Series (Z-Wave/Zigbee and/or if you do NOT have a PLM)