Support thread for: PG3x 3.1.21 (January 23, 2023)

I am at the latest iOX firmware (from UPDATE PACKAGES) for Polisy now but cant get Pg3 to update to 3.1.17 even doing manually.  Says most recent version is installed.  Even tried a reboot of the entire polisy.  Any way to force it to get 3.1.17

[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo pkg update
Password:
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
Updating FreeBSD-base repository catalogue...
FreeBSD-base repository is up to date.
Updating udi repository catalogue...
udi repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo pkg install pg3
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
Updating FreeBSD-base repository catalogue...
FreeBSD-base repository is up to date.
Updating udi repository catalogue...
udi repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The most recent versions of packages are already installed
[admin@polisy ~]$

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 5.05.01 PM.png

Edited by macjeff
3 minutes ago, macjeff said:

I am at the latest iOX firmware (from UPDATE PACKAGES) for Polisy now but cant get Pg3 to update to 3.1.17 even doing manually.  Says most recent version is installed.  Even tried a reboot of the entire polisy.  Any way to force it to get 3.1.17

Just a guess, but I think this update is only available (or useful) for people with the new eisy device.

• Like 1

I clicked Upgrade packages in Configuration of the eisy AC, then restarted PG3, and refreshed my browser. I actually did that 3 times, but PG3 remains on 3.1.16

Just to make sure..... I have one URL YYY.YYY.YY.YY:3000 for PG3. That is the url of my Polisy but it gives me the choice of ISY's, Polisy or eisy.

I tried using the eisy with its own url  XXX.XXX.XX.XX:3000. That gives me login page, but when I enter admin/admin I get an authentication error.

Edited by asbril
13 minutes ago, asbril said:

I clicked Upgrade packages in Configuration of the eisy AC, then restarted PG3, and refreshed my browser. I actually did that 3 times, but PG3 remains on 3.1.16

Just to make sure..... I have one URL YYY.YYY.YY.YY:3000 for PG3. That is the url of my Polisy but it gives me the choice of ISY's, Polisy or eisy.

I tried using the eisy with its own url  XXX.XXX.XX.XX:3000. That gives me login page, but when I enter admin/admin I get an authentication error.

Your PG3 on eisy uses the same login as the the IoX it is all tied together now.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, tazman said:

Your PG3 on eisy uses the same login as the the IoX it is all tied together now.

while before I was able to get to the login page, now I don't get anything with eisy url:3000.

I am going to wait till I move my stuff to eisy.

@bpwwer My work with the EISY is in progress and from the “out of the box” state, all the packages have been updated, included PG3x.  The IoX Launcher is running fine and both my Polisy and EISY ACs are visible and accessible.

In thinking about this process of moving to the EISY.  I was wondering if the PG3 to PG3x  NS migration should be done first or after basic ISY restore and z-wave migration ?

• Like 1

I am now having issues installing iTech NSs. They eventually disconnected after going to version 3.1.17. They seemed to be causing issues with ELK or visa versa. I described some of the issues in the ELK forum. As of now no iTech NS will connect after install. Also having issues with LiFX not being able to discover which was an issue after migrating to eisy from the Polisy. The ELK is working but may take 20 seconds to arm or disarm from an AC command. It was almost instantaneous when on the Polisy.

As others mentioned this did work but required an extra reboot from the admin to get it it work.  I watched in htop on ssh the install process.

just to note this only installed my free node servers, it did nothing with my purchased node servers @bpwwer is this the expected result?  I know I need to purchase again these servers but wasn't sure if they would install in either a trial or 'out of service' status.

15 hours ago, ISY4Me said:

@bpwwer My work with the EISY is in progress and from the “out of the box” state, all the packages have been updated, included PG3x.  The IoX Launcher is running fine and both my Polisy and EISY ACs are visible and accessible.

In thinking about this process of moving to the EISY.  I was wondering if the PG3 to PG3x  NS migration should be done first or after basic ISY restore and z-wave migration ?

After.

Restore the IoX first, then migrate the PG3 node servers.

If you migrate node servers to eisy, then restore IoX from Polisy, it will overwrite the node server config on the eisy. Re-restoring/migration node servers would then need to be repeated.

58 minutes ago, sjenkins said:

just to note this only installed my free node servers, it did nothing with my purchased node servers @bpwwer is this the expected result?  I know I need to purchase again these servers but wasn't sure if they would install in either a trial or 'out of service' status.

non-free node servers can have the license migrated to the eisy (I believe the portal migration process does migrate the licenses too).

But if the licenses are not migrated, then they should still install, they just won't run.  And if they won't run, they may not show up in the admin console but should still be visible in the PG3 dashboard.

To get a trial license, you'd have to request one via the store, it won't automatically try to get a trial license.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, garybixler said:

WeatherBit stopped working. All seems to be a lack of memory to support the NSs. Just a guess.

What does the WeatherBit log show?  System memory is not a issue with eisy.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bpwwer said:

What does the WeatherBit log show?  System memory is not a issue with eisy.

I guess it would depend how the memory is partitioned. I see a paging scenario with elk as the first command to elk may take 20 seconds but the following command takes only a second or two. Also the initial log load for a NS takes a long time.  What I saw before was like the elk and iTechs were interfering with each other. Just my observations.

4 hours ago, bpwwer said:

After.

Restore the IoX first, then migrate the PG3 node servers.

If you migrate node servers to eisy, then restore IoX from Polisy, it will overwrite the node server config on the eisy. Re-restoring/migration node servers would then need to be repeated.

Thank you @bpwwer... IoX was restored and I started to look at PG3x restore process.  Access to PG3x is not a problem, but it will not contact the server (I assume because I have not activated a Portal access yet). 

Does the ISY have to be added to configuration for the PG3 restore to work properly?  I can't manually add the ISY (it fails with localhost or IP with Port 8080)... and it is not automatically detected... is this related to not yet having the Portal access active?

Do these both have to be resolved before I start the PG3 restore process?

PG3 Dashboard.png