Power Requirements eISY - Can I use a plugged in Power Bank

awysocki
Go to solution Solved by AllDigital,

My units at home so I couldn't look and I didn't find the power requirements on the UD web site tech notes.

I've had couple of brown outs lately.  Looking at some Plugged in Power banks.  (eg: https://www.anker.com/products/a1621?variant=37437690052758 )  They both charge and provide battery power.  

Not knowing the power requirements of the eISY I don't want to underpower the power bank.  I think this would be a smaller option than a full blow Uninterruptable power supply.  A 10 minute option is all I'm looking for.

What wattage on the USB C power cord does eISY require?

Thanks

Andy

8 hours ago, DennisC said:

I think you would be better off picking up a small UPS at a place like Costco. They are still inexpensive and you get the benefit of power filtering.

However, if you're using Insteon, don't plug the PLM in to it.

Yes, a small UPS is less expensive, but its a space issue I'm trying to solve.  So the UPS's I have found are too big for where I want my unit to go.  

Thanks

19 minutes ago, awysocki said:

Yes, a small UPS is less expensive, but its a space issue I'm trying to solve.  So the UPS's I have found are too big for where I want my unit to go.  

Thanks

When using a UPS, is it a good idea to plug the UPS into a Filterlinc? This is presuming that the modem is not plugged into the UPS, but the eISY's power supply is.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DennisC said:

I think you would be better off picking up a small UPS at a place like Costco. They are still inexpensive and you get the benefit of power filtering.

However, if you're using Insteon, don't plug the PLM in to it.

The UPS power filtering can absorb the power line commands from a PLM. Many also don't have a true sine wave AC output. That many power supplies don't run with.

No UPS on a PLM is a very good recommendation.

FilterLinc sound like a good way to go. That is how mine is. PLM in the unfiltered outlet on the front. Computer equipment on the filtered outlet.

Edited by Brian H
Add information.