Support thread: IoX 5.5.4 Release

As with the previous versions, on 5.5.4, the "Update with Interview" action does not change anything about the August Pro single ZY node (which itself is incomplete and non functional) with the "ZMatter" board.

<nodeDefs>
    <nodedef nls="113" id="ZY007_1">
        <sts>
            <st hide="T" editor="ZY_ERR" id="ERR"/>
        </sts>
        <cmds>
            <sends/>
            <accepts>
                <cmd id="QUERY"/>
                <cmd id="WDU"/>
            </accepts>
        </cmds>
        <links>
            <ctl/>
            <rsp>
                <link gid="ASSOC" linkdef="ASSOC"/>
                <link gid="ASSOC" linkdef="ASSOC_MC"/>
                <link gid="BASIC" linkdef="BASIC"/>
                <link gid="BASIC" linkdef="BASIC_MC"/>
            </rsp>
        </links>
    </nodedef>
</nodeDefs>

Well snap, that's not good. Update and all 31 Kasa Devices no longer report status or the ability to control them via UDAC.

And just checked Govee devices and they too went blank. Tried refreshing, tried querying each device individually, tried reboot... 

Will have to revert back to 5.5.3 from backup.

TRI0N

5-5-4-oops.jpg

31 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Well snap, that's not good. Update and all 31 Kasa Devices no longer report status or the ability to control them via UDAC.

And just checked Govee devices and they too went blank. Tried refreshing, tried querying each device individually, tried reboot... 

Will have to revert back to 5.5.3 from backup.

TRI0N

5-5-4-oops.jpg

Sounds like an issue with PG3 since these are node servers. I would check if PG3 is running correctly.

25 minutes ago, brians said:

Sounds like an issue with PG3 since these are node servers. I would check if PG3 is running correctly.

PG3 is running fine. Shows green across 3 node servers. Plus Main Status reports connected. I can see all the nodes in the lists. Nothing missing.

TRI0N

PG3.jpg

This is a migration setup so far to replace the ISY994izw's. I did the Update Package on the work system box that had the same results except the work box is strictly Kasa and Z-Wave Plus devices. So it's only running one PG3 Node server on that one. I still have a few other node servers to put in for the home system. I was focusing on just lighting for now.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N

Haven’t done the 5.5.4 update but last night did the *.20 update for pg3x and even though my servers showed green with nodes I had to stop each of them and start or restart. Do it with the log tab selected for each node & you can be sure it started. That got all my servers going again. They only came up with this manual intervention and not a eisy reboot. 

2 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

Progress: I have a couple of Enbrighten motion sensor/switches.  With the update to 5.5.4, these switches are now reporting motion in both the "Home Security Alarm" node and the "Motion Sensor" node.

Mine don’t seem to do this. Did you have to update interview or reinclude?

@Chris Jahn if we have a certain Z-Wave devices that are not reporting correctly on the ZMatter adapter do we need to open a ticket to get this straightened out or will this come with time as all the kinks get worked out? If we are supposed to put in a ticket what information do you want with it?

Upgraded to 5.5.4 and no problems experienced. No need for any subsequent reboots. All NS working including LiFX on PG3 (Using .yaml file)

Previously, I  have seen the condition where previously discovered z-wave devices have blank status in the Admin Console after restarting IoX.

When this happens, in my case, if I checked the Z-Wave X-Ray, DH All Devices, there was a failure message instead of usual list of devices with their interview status. To fix this I rebooted, sometimes several times.

I suspect that "chatty devices" are preventing the Z-Wave interface from starting properly sometimes. Rebooting has solved my problem. Had this not worked, I would have next unplugged any device that reports energy status and rebooted but I haven't had to do that yet.

Edit: After successful 5.5.3 to 5.5.4 upgrade on Polisy.

Edited by gviliunas

Well that's not good at all. I can't restore back to 5.5.3 from backup that I made before doing the Update Packages to 5.5.4 it just remains as 5.5.4. with all issues still being blanked out in the UDAC.

TRI0N

34 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Well that's not good at all. I can't restore back to 5.5.3 from backup that I made before doing the Update Packages to 5.5.4 it just remains as 5.5.4. with all issues still being blanked out in the UDAC.

TRI0N

Did you try restarting or reinstalling in the same slot for the node servers in PG3? I noticed mine were not reporting to IoX after the update but they were running in PG3 and I think it was a reinstall that fixed it for me.

4 minutes ago, tazman said:

Did you try restarting or reinstalling in the same slot for the node servers in PG3? I noticed mine were not reporting to IoX after the update but they were running in PG3 and I think it was a reinstall that fixed it for me.

Not sure why I would want to do that if PG3 is working just fine from the PG3 Admin? The Kasa is a $30 license I'd rather not mess with right now if it's saying it's working just fine on the PG3 side.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
1 minute ago, TRI0N said:

Not sure why I would want to do that if PG3 is working just fine from the PG3 Admin? The Kasa is a $30 license I'd rather not mess with right now if it's saying it's working just fine on the PG3 side.

TRI0N

The reinstall is done frequently lately there have been glitches in PG3X that require it and it should not change the license.  Just to be clear you don't delete it you just go under purchases in PG3 and pick install then there is an option to reinstall it in the slot it is already in. Mine were logging and had values in PG3X but were not sending anything IoX and that got running again.

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, tazman said:

The reinstall is done frequently lately there have been glitches in PG3X that require it and it should not change the license.  Just to be clear you don't delete it you just go under purchases in PG3 and pick install then there is an option to reinstall it in the slot it is already in. Mine were logging and had values in PG3X but were not sending anything IoX and that got running again.

This fixed the issue with Kasa on the work box. Will have to test this on the home box with Govee and HUE Node Servers. But yes the re-install worked for Kasa Node Server Devices under 5.5.4

TRI0N

• Like 1

You're not the only one.  I too have also been having issues with my Polisy not being to able to talk to my Zmatter card (I am not using a dongle, card installed directly inside Polisy).  I upgraded to 5.5.4 but unfortunately it did not help.  I have updated my ticket with @Chris Jahn  too and hopefully they'll have a solution soon.

5.5.4 Update Zwave not found 1.png

Upgraded Polisy IoX from 5.5.3 to 5.5.4
Upgrade went smoothly but, I get 5 beeps plus 1 when it finishes.

These reported issues still remain.
ZSE40 ZooZ 4-in-1 Sensor

• Will not complete interview. tried Update with Interview many times and exclude/include. ZooZ states to press z-wave button every 15 seconds for 2 minutes during include, this still didn't help.
  • Not sure if this is new but: Temperature will not display in Fahrenheit only Celsius regardless of configuration parameter.

ZSE42 ZooZ Water Leak Sensor

• Cannot Query or Set Configuration Parameters

These reported issues have been fixed:
ZSE40 ZooZ 4-in-1 Sensor

• Motion Sensor node Status now changes with motion detection.
  • Configuration Parameters will Query and Set

ZSE42 ZooZ Water Leak Sensor

• Leak Detected Alarm node now triggers ON and OFF with water detection.

4 hours ago, Ryan S said:

You're not the only one.  I too have also been having issues with my Polisy not being to able to talk to my Zmatter card (I am not using a dongle, card installed directly inside Polisy).  I upgraded to 5.5.4 but unfortunately it did not help.  I have updated my ticket with @Chris Jahn  too and hopefully they'll have a solution soon.

Same here. I updated my ticket last night. Good to know it's not just me. 

11 hours ago, brians said:

Mine don’t seem to do this. Did you have to update interview or reinclude?

I interviewed one and even did an exclude/include on it, but neither one worked until I simply restarted the AC, then both of them did.  I should have mentioned that. 

Edited by Bumbershoot
12 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

I interviewed one and even did an exclude/include on it, but neither one worked until I simply restarted the AC, then both of them did.  I should have mentioned that. 

The AC sometimes disconnects. You may give it instructions but they either don't show or not even execute.