Programing With Schedule not working.

TRI0N
Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

Is the schedule feature of programming not working?

What I have:
If
From 5:30:00 PM
To 5:30 AM
AND Hallway Motion Sensor 1 is On

Then
Set Motion Switch 1 On.

The time does not seem to matter whatsoever. It's running when it shouldn't be.

Here is the XML

<?xml version="1.0" ?><triggers><d2d><trigger><id>21</id><name>Hallway Motion Sensor</name><parent>1</parent><if><and /><schedule><from><time>63000</time></from><to><time>19800</time></to></schedule><and /><control id="DON" node="ZY003_155" op="IS"></control></if><then><cmd id="DON" node="n001_1c61b428b94b"></cmd></then><else></else><comment></comment></trigger></d2d></triggers>

TRI0N

I noticed this when doing the porch light but I just made two programs to handle after sunset and after sunrise but now that I'm setting Sensors for Scheduled times that is going to be a bit of a pain do to for each sensor when it should just need a From / To time frame. 

TRI0N

since AM is before PM, your time interval will never be true.  I believe the "next day" option is still viable.  Try:

If
To 5:30 AM (Next Day) <<<<<<

Yes, these programs will run every time it is triggered by an event.  The only question is whether it runs THEN or ELSE.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, oberkc said:

since AM is before PM, your time interval will never be true.  I believe the "next day" option is still viable.  Try:

If
To 5:30 AM (Next Day) <<<<<<

Yes, these programs will run every time it is triggered by an event.  The only question is whether it runs THEN or ELSE.

I can't believe I missed that.. It works. I overlooked "SAME DAY". Should be "NEXT DAY" for AM time...

If
To 5:30 AM "NEXT DAY"

Then
Set Motion Switch 1 On.

Cheers!

TRi0N

3 hours ago, TRI0N said:

Here is the XML

@TRI0N the preferred method to post programs to the forums is using the “Copy to Clipboard” option at the bottom of the menu when you right click on a program. The XML has useless info. The “Copy to Clipboard” is then pasted as plain text, and thus very easy to read by all others. 

Seems like you typed the other info. Would have been simple to see the “same day” or “next day” setting in your first post if this method was used rather than XML, and helped right away. 

could you paste the program exactly as you have it... Right click then use COPY TO CLIPBOARD (the last item on the context menu).  Also what type (make/model) motion sensor is this? and what is the switch.  Also how is it getting turned off since this is an ON only program?  and finally are you certain that it's this program always causing the on? or is there another program somewhere that also controls the light? (might use "Find" on the switch if you have a lot of programs to be certain).

39 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Well after setting it to "Next Day" it still does not work. It remains active 24/7. So this is NOT FIXED.

5:30 PM
5:30 AM Next Day

TRI0N

You don't mention how the switch gets shut off.  Do you use code to shut the switch off or do it physically? 

Edited by TUhl01

I'm not at the House Location at this time. It's a simple From to To schedule.

From 5:30 PM
To 5:30 AM Next Day

Then enable Hall Way Motion Sensor 1<--- This is a program which makes the lights come on in a certain area of the hallway through the house that does not have an area to install a switch/motion sensor. It should not be enabling that program between 5:30 AM and 5:30 PM... I'm going to see if I can do that with just that 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM (same day) to disable that program and see if that works. Which I shouldn't really have to. But then again if that doesn't work I would have to have a 5:30 PM Enable and separate one for 5:30 AM to disable it.

TRI0N

As I understand it, you have a separate motion sensor in a hallway that turns on a light in that hallway, but only want it triggered between 530pm-5:30am?

Why not try: put the program in a folder, and apply the time range to the folder. The program will only run during those times specified in the folder.

I am also curious how the switch shuts off too.

Looking closer though,  your program turns the motions switch 1 on, what is that exactly? Is the intent to enable/disable a motion switch's ability to detect motion and not turn lights on during the day? Could be the device that is not working as you expect then.

• Like 1
On 1/26/2023 at 8:19 PM, TRI0N said:

The time does not seem to matter whatsoever. It's running when it shouldn't be.

How do you know it's running?  You haven't posted the actual programs that you're using, and the pseudo-code you've provided has been inconsistent.  First you say the program sets a light ON, then you say it enables another program.  In any case, you should first be sure that the program you suspect is running is indeed running.

Click the "Programs" tab, and then below it click the "Summary" tab.  Find the suspect program in the table and look at the "Status" column.  If it says "False" then it last ran the ELSE section.  If it says "True" then it last ran the THEN section.  Now look in the "Last Run Time" column.  What time does it show?  Do you ever see the "Status" as "True" with the "Last Run Time" showing a time between 5:30pm and 5:30am?

Edited by kclenden
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, TRI0N said:

I'm not at the House Location at this time. It's a simple From to To schedule.

Next time you're at the house location, or can remote log in, perhaps you can answer the questions asked and post the exact programs, not pseudo code.  We can help you solve your issue, but you won't help us help you.

• Like 1

The problem is turning out to be that the Sensor is in a scene for the hallway switches. I completely ignores the programing. 

The Scene: 2 Kasa 3-Way Motion Sensor Switches + 1 Battery Motion Sensor mid hall. 
image.png.7ae11c0022de8f231a1dc2c442a60772.png

The Programs:
image.png.76cf16c0097afb091831f74fe7a7e7c1.png

image.png.004ec6c4119349df5c53053fcf710678.png

If I remove the ZY 003 Hall Motion Sensor from the scene as a controller it appears to work during the day. I won't know till tonight if that will fix the night hours.

But seems like it defeats the scene sync between all devices.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
8 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

The problem is turning out to be that the Sensor is in a scene for the hallway switches. I completely ignores the programing. 

it's not that it's ignoring the program, the scene takes precedence. 

10 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

But seems like it defeats the scene sync between all devices.

Have the program turn the scene on instead of it's members.

7 minutes ago, MrBill said:

it's not that it's ignoring the program, the scene takes precedence. 

Have the program turn the scene on instead of it's members.

So this would be your solution to replace the then line in Hallway Mid Sensor to this:
image.png.c8ff8dd97754c2e1e915a16a71446280.png

Mid Sensor has been removed from Scene. Scene is now only the 2 Kasa Controllers at each end of the hallway.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
  • Solution
35 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

So this would be your solution to replace the then line in Hallway Mid Sensor to this:
image.png.c8ff8dd97754c2e1e915a16a71446280.png

Mid Sensor has been removed from Scene. Scene is now only the 2 Kasa Controllers at each end of the hallway.

No "adjust scene" is something else.

You would use adjust scene if you wanted to change the way the scene behaves, which could be used in this case i suppose. but it works differently that you're expecting.

Scroll to the bottom of the devices list... after the last device you will find each scene image.png.9442fe44e7b50483ea421fdb8ec3a983.png...

image.png.8d6adf93ae8917d8040b6861a16d9034.png

leave the motion out of the scene and turn the scene on or off from the program.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MrBill said:

No "adjust scene" is something else.

You would use adjust scene if you wanted to change the way the scene behaves, which could be used in this case i suppose. but it works differently that you're expecting.

Scroll to the bottom of the devices list... after the last device you will find each scene image.png.9442fe44e7b50483ea421fdb8ec3a983.png...

image.png.8d6adf93ae8917d8040b6861a16d9034.png

leave the motion out of the scene and turn the scene on or off from the program.

This appears to be working from the Day side... I will report back when the 5:30 PM Mark to see if it's enabled correctly.

Thanks,

TRION

23 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

I will report back when the 5:30 PM Mark to

Why not just change your time to now and see if it works? You don't have to wait until 5:30pm for something to work. Make it active now and test it. Most times you can just right click the program an say "run then", but you're right if you're trying to test time frame you've developed. Just adjust the time to be active now until 5:30 tomorrow. Then once you confirm it works adjust back to 5:30pm and go about your day.

Also, as mentioned above...for future reference...right click the program you're working on and the last option of the menu is "Copy to Clipboard". Use that to paste the program to the forums. Your screen shots work, but often to save somebody time with typing to HELP YOU having the text of the program is easier than an image. @MrBill and I both suggested that above, and you ultimately used screen shots. Yes, much more helpful than your (original) generalizing of what you thought the program was doing, but would have saved time from Day 1.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Geddy said:

Why not just change your time to now and see if it works? You don't have to wait until 5:30pm for something to work. Make it active now and test it. Most times you can just right click the program an say "run then", but you're right if you're trying to test time frame you've developed. Just adjust the time to be active now until 5:30 tomorrow. Then once you confirm it works adjust back to 5:30pm and go about your day.

Also, as mentioned above...for future reference...right click the program you're working on and the last option of the menu is "Copy to Clipboard". Use that to paste the program to the forums. Your screen shots work, but often to save somebody time with typing to HELP YOU having the text of the program is easier than an image. @MrBill and I both suggested that above, and you ultimately used screen shots. Yes, much more helpful than your (original) generalizing of what you thought the program was doing, but would have saved time from Day 1.

Well I suppose I could change it but the idea would be to make sure it works as intended. Still need to make sure it turn off 5:30 AM the next day too..

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
16 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Well I suppose I could change it but the idea would be to make sure it works as intended. Still need to make sure it turn off 5:30 AM the next day too..

Just to be clear, what's the current version of the program that you are testing?  You've used several methods above.

Click the Program name in the program tree, then RIGHT CLICK it, then choose 'copy to clipboard' (which is the LAST item on the context menu as shown below)

image.png.a6a40db4a9dbe1dff4110bc634e37592.png

then Paste the clipboard into the forum by clicking into a post as pasting (control-v is one method).

Edited by MrBill
  • Like 1

It's working now. Just not as sync as it was in a scene but I guess that is the drawback of having it in a schedule rather than scene controller running 24/7. Which makes me wonder if Enabling/Disabling Scenes in the future based on programing times would be worth looking into.

TRI0N

On 1/29/2023 at 4:28 PM, MrBill said:

Just to be clear, what's the current version of the program that you are testing?  You've used several methods above.

Click the Program name in the program tree, then RIGHT CLICK it, then choose 'copy to clipboard' (which is the LAST item on the context menu as shown below)

image.png.a6a40db4a9dbe1dff4110bc634e37592.png

then Paste the clipboard into the forum by clicking into a post as pasting (control-v is one method).

It's a secret!

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, TRI0N said:

It's working now. Just not as sync as it was in a scene but I guess that is the drawback of having it in a schedule rather than scene controller running 24/7. Which makes me wonder if Enabling/Disabling Scenes in the future based on programing times would be worth looking into.

TRI0N

Now that I understand you're wishing there was less less lag for the light to come on, is it an original insteon motion sensor or the Motion Sensor 2?    If it's Motion sensor 2 there's likely nothing that can be done, it was stripped of several features many of user here preferred.

Motion Sensor 1 has jumpers, jumpers 3 and 4 might be helpful, Jumper 3 allows detection at night only, Jumper 4 only sends an On command via scene.  In this case the scene would turn the motion on, your ISY program would watch for that to happen and start the off timer, then the ISY turns the scene back off.

image.png.9ec3cdf5e0d24932d2809fc6432546e3.png

• Like 2
5 hours ago, MrBill said:

Now that I understand you're wishing there was less less lag for the light to come on, is it an original insteon motion sensor or the Motion Sensor 2?    If it's Motion sensor 2 there's likely nothing that can be done, it was stripped of several features many of user here preferred.

Motion Sensor 1 has jumpers, jumpers 3 and 4 might be helpful, Jumper 3 allows detection at night only, Jumper 4 only sends an On command via scene.  In this case the scene would turn the motion on, your ISY program would watch for that to happen and start the off timer, then the ISY turns the scene back off.

image.png.9ec3cdf5e0d24932d2809fc6432546e3.png

Not an INSTEON Device. It's a motion sensor that I use in the warehouses at a job location that are not based on Schedules. This is the first time I've used this product for scheduling.

I'm using EcoLink Z-Wave PIR Sensor Model No. PIR-ZWAVE2.5-ECO (Z-Wave Plus)

Amazon.com : Ecolink Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector Pet Immune, White (PIRZWAVE2.5-ECO) : Electronics

They work great for battery operated sensors. Been using these for over 3 years now in warehouse and yet to replace a battery in any of them.

At home these are used in conjunction with Kasa TP-Link 3-Way Motion Switches at each end of the 30' hallway with the EcoLink halfway to fit the blind spot between the two switches. 

PS - I plan on testing a Zooz Magnetic ZSE18 Motion Sensor here soon for the kitchen under cabinet lights to come on at night when someone enters the kitchen. I plan on installing those in the next 5 days if all goes well with my scheduling. I believe I can get a better mounting direction I desire with the magnetic base for that location. Nearly half the price of the EcoLink so it's worth the tinker.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
  • Like 1

I should note that the EcoLink is not very well configurable for sensor reset times. It has two settings. TEST and Default. Though it works for most needs this is its limitations.

Test is 5 seconds to reset <--- I use this for the hallway so a program can send a run program which resets the timer for 15 seconds on motion detection before lights turn off. Push a switch and the lights remain on for 10 minutes. Or you can issue a verbal "GOD Mode" and all timers for lights throughout the house are disabled for 12 hours then re-enabled.

Default is 4 minutes to reset.

I'll see how the Zooz is on configuration when I get it.

Also note that the Zooz if I decide to run a USB power into the ceiling for it, it will also become a Z-Wave Signal Extender. Very important reason I want to test that. Even though all my toggle switches, dimmer, in wall motion, are Kasa I want to add another Zooz ZEN32 in the other end of the house. This should be interesting to test.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N