Questions on node servers

You need to have access to Polyglot 3 which you can find  using the url of your Polisy or eisy like

XXX.XXX.XX.XXX:3000

and then go to Node Server Store. You acquire the Node Server and follow instructions of the particular Node Server in Configuration.

Then you will find the Node Server in your Administrative Console, though you may need to restart  the AC.

12 hours ago, alphapenguin said:

I have been searching around for this answer. I think I might be searching the wrong questions/topics but can someone give me an example of how you are using the node servers with the ISY?  
for instance how is anyone integrating the solar edge ?

alex

I don't use solar edge so I can't comment specifically on that one.

Noderservers allows you to use 3rd party devices with the isy that are not natively supported. What people do with them depends on the node server. 

For example, you can use the Sonos Node Server to control the volume of your Sonos devices are start/stop them. 

@alphapenguin Regarding SolarEdge, I don't use the NS that is currently available because it doesn't provide useful information (to me).  However, SolarEdge does have other APIs which would be useful to me as an NS, but no NS exists.  I'll post a link to a topic at the bottom of this post.  If I had that NS, then it would be useful for me to monitor energy usage and set sprinklers or pool filter hours accordingly.

Regarding other NSs, I use

1. TimeData which allows me to log variables to a Google Sheet every minute, every hour and 4x/day.
  2. Davis Weather which provides my data for my weather station (disables my OpenSprinkler programs if I've had a certain amount of recent rain)
  3. OpenSprinkler to interact with my sprinkler system based on weather conditions and when I want.
  4. Sonos - I can click the mini-remote to play/pause/shuffle/volume/skip music both or either upstairs/downstairs.
  5. OpenWeatherMap so I can text myself the daily forecast.  Also turns off OpenSprinkler programs if rain is coming soon (or turns them on if no rain expected).

I will soon upgrade my pool system so I can use the iAquaLink NS.  I'm also about to use the NSs for Flume and Phillips Hue bulbs.

Here's the link to that SolarEdge topic (the API is so simple that I'm going to try to write my own NS; however, I need to learn Python first!).  I struck out trying to get anyone on this board to write the NS.

I'm happy to answer any questions,

Ross

• Thanks 1

I use the Vue node server to operate portable heaters using the excess solar and I charge my car from the excess solar instead of pulling from the grid when possible. I use eISYIR to be able to control lights with my Harmony remote. Then Weatherflow to display the weather on my Mirror that shows my whole house automation.

FYI, I esxtensively use the Holidays Google Node Server. It is highly underrated in ISY and deserves to be known.

My wife and I have mostly different wake-up times. In my Google calendar I created sub-calendars for different events :

• wake-up time my wife
  • wake-up time me
  • day(s) cleaning lady
  • trips
  • etc.

With the HG node servers, this creates a Today and Tomorrow node for each sub-calendar. In the Google Calendar I create All-Day events for the different events.

Then in ISY I create programs that turn lights on, open curtains, make Alexa announcements (weather etc), using the Today nodes of the specific Google sub-calendars. I also use the Tomorrow nodes in programs to send me an email  reminder of what time a wake-up program will run the following day.

This ism probably my favorite Node Server.