eisy-new

teverk

I just received my eisy Friday, I plugged my cat cable into the network, can the PLM plug into any of the usb connectors? I understand the PLM is still needed; I purchased the correct cabling for serial PLM.

@Techman the OP (@teverk) posted that needed cables have been purchased. 

On 3/5/2023 at 2:02 PM, teverk said:

I purchased the correct cabling for serial PLM.

@JP If they're currently unavailable from UD you can buy this cable from Amazon. Do you have the original RJ45 to DB9 cable that came with the serial PLM? If not you can then buy the adaptor too. Be sure you follow the pin out information on the UD site and in several posts found around the forums.

Geddy, I purchased the serial cable from UD last week along with the eisy, I dont see a owners manual for the eisy unit and somewhat lost in hookup and operation. On the serial cable I assume I can hook up to any of the usb on the back that is going to the PLM, I do want a hard wired connection as well and have a connection going to my switch, I also have hooked it up as WiFi and  I cannot get my eisy to get on my network or internet Ive turned off my virus protection for acess and still nothing. Also as with my old isy I couldnt  download the admin console, I have cleared out the cache on Java.  I have written a couple of tickets , Im at the point doing the remote support .  

4 minutes ago, teverk said:

Geddy, I purchased the serial cable from UD last week along with the eisy, I dont see a owners manual for the eisy unit and somewhat lost in hookup and operation. 

Here is a link to the complete eisy user guide: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide

5 minutes ago, teverk said:

Also as with my old isy I couldnt  download the admin console, I have cleared out the cache on Java.  I have written a couple of tickets , Im at the point doing the remote support .  

The recommended way of accessing the admin console is with the Launcher, not a direct down load of the admin console. Instructions are the guide from the link I posted above, but here are the directions:

Accessing eisy

IoX Launcher is the best method to find and access all of eisy's features

• Install IoX Launcher
  • Click on the row of the discovered eisy and you will see this menu

Launcher Menu.png

Admin Console (LAN) This menu item downloads the ISY Admin Console directly from eisy

Admin Console (Cloud) This menu item downloads the ISY Admin Console from the Universal Devices cloud servers

Regardless of how you get to the ISY Admin Console (Cloud vs. LAN), the results are the same: Admin Console is brought up and connected directly to your eisy. Admin Console allows you to add/remove/change Z-Wave/INSTEON devices, make programs, and make configuration changes. The best source for what you can do with the Admin Console is our ISY (994) Cookbook.

Polyglot V2 (Deprecated) This is not available on eisy

Polyglot V3 (PG3) This takes you to Polyglot V3 (PG3) Dashboard.

8 minutes ago, teverk said:

I also have hooked it up as WiFi and  I cannot get my eisy to get on my network or internet Ive turned off my virus protection for acess and still nothing.   

Here is some info to help:

Can't Find eisy

First and foremost, all VPN software block discovery of eisy on your network. As such, if you have a VPN software running, please turn it off.

If you have a modern router, eisy advertises itself as eisy.local on your network. As such, and in most cases, you should be able to find eisy at https://eisy.local:8443/desc. What you need to do is:

1. In IoX Launcher, click on the Add button
  2. Enter https://eisy.local:8443/desc into the dialog
  3. Click on the OK button

If you are still having a hard time finding your eisy, it's best to check your router's DHCP client list and look for a device that has the same MAC address as the one the label at the bottom of your eisy. eisy's MAC address starts with 00:21:b9.

Once you find the IP address for eisy, in this example, 192.168.1.122, then

1. In IoX Launcher, click on the Add button
  2. Enter https://192.168.1.122:8443/desc into the dialog. Note 192.168.1.122 is an example. You should use the IP address for your eisy.
  3. Click on the OK button