Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

Awesome.  Now, you go for first.  :)  That Inovelli fix actually is something I think I ran into.  Good deal.

Update: I've upgraded from 5.0.15.  Console was sluggish and I needed to add the java parameter noted above in the notes to increase console speed.  I don't see my Inovelli NZW37 updating the isy when the physical button is pressed.  I'm going to dig more to see if I need to enable something for that to happen.  (Note, my isy is only z-wave -- no plm.)

Edited by kohai

Upgrade notes:  

Lost 2 dimmers and 2 switches.  They were just gone after the upgrade.  I added them back with links still intact and things seem to be working fine.  Just found it odd that they just vanished after the upgrade.  

Z-Wave devices were all still present and accounted for.  I'm going to run a Z-Wave Heal and I'm hoping battery devices are now excluded from the Heal...hoping.  

42 minutes ago, jckinneman said:

When will upgrades appear as an option on the Help as they used to instead of doing manual upgrades?

22 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Only official updates appear there. Betas and RCs do not

Its worth noting that 5.0.16 was announced as a release candidate, which means this is likely what will show up in the AC as Release. I got an email from UDI stating that:

One step closer …
It's about time you give 5.0.16 a try as it builds on top of the already stable 5.0.15 release, includes final touches, 
and - barring any major bugs - it'll become an official release.

Yes, another giant leap for UDI.

Upgraded from 5.0.15A - No problems experienced.

My windows sensors all appeared with new "Barrier" nodes. It is nice using open/close as states instead of on/off.

Everything in my system continues to work well.

Thanks for all the hard work in getting to RC1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, gviliunas said:

Yes, another giant leap for UDI.

Upgraded from 5.0.15A - No problems experienced.

My windows sensors all appeared with new "Barrier" nodes. It is nice using open/close as states instead of on/off.

Everything in my system continues to work well.

Thanks for all the hard work in getting to RC1.

? That needed to be said again.

Upgraded from 5.015 (No bloody A, B.. or C). The upgrade seemed to go pretty fast. All programs expected to be running were running.

Thanks Michel, Chris, Orly, Steve (et. al.) for keeping the priority / focus on quality.

Paul

• Like 4
On 10/11/2019 at 6:00 AM, Chris Jahn said:

-      New - Options have been added to Z-Wave nodes that allow you to control when the device is automatically queried and what Z-Wave messages are sent by the device when a button is pressed (or a sensor is triggered).

@Chris Jahn, can you expand on this?  I am not sure what this means.  

7 hours ago, blueman2 said:

@Chris Jahn, can you expand on this?  I am not sure what this means.  

Indeed an interesting question. Is this for older Zwave devices that don't come with standard status update? Currently I have a program that queries my older Zwave devices at a set interval. If I use this new setting, can  that program  be removed?

Edited by asbril

A bug returned that I have not seen in a while since upgrading to 5.1.6 yesterday.  It may have been in earlier beta of 5.0 or even in 4.0.  Hard to remember since I run every version!!!

I flip a switch and EVERY light in the house turns on, all ceiling fans, all on/off devices.

Anyways, Michel at UDI helped me narrow it down due to other reports in the past.  It was some bug with motion sensors triggering at the exact same time a switch was pushed.  

Last night when it happened we let our dogs out the front door.  Yes we have a motion sensor there to turn on front porch lights so it was triggered.  A second earlier I said, Alexa turn on backyard lights and there is a delay so there is a chance that alexa turned on that light at the exact time of that motion sensor trigger.  

Logs dont show much.  They dont show all the other lights turning on.  Just the ones that were supposed to turn on.

This may or may not make a difference but I have keypadlincs where the buttons are just status.   So I can glance and see that garage doors or open or basement lights are on by a light on a keypadlinc.   Well NONE of those were on yet the lights were on.  I just think the scene (or program in some cases) were not activated.

This is a VERY hard one to test because it happens randomly but been at least a year or more since it happened.

Jeff

On 10/11/2019 at 9:03 PM, d00gster said:

upgrading from .15A to .16 and getting the following error.

"Upgrade Failed: Failed uploading file (reported written size is invalid)

6.6m is the file size I am getting from the download link

I'm getting the same error.  Upgrading using the ZW (OADR) file.  Maybe I'm unsure which file to use.  I have an ISY994i ZW/IR PRO.  Which file should I be using?

Please help with upgrade to 5016.

I upgraded as directed.   Everything went well.  I began to check admin console, everything good.  Then changed my password from admin.  When I signed off and signed back in the console would not respond to the new password... how can I either go back to 4.xx.xx or resent the password.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Richraine said:

Please help with upgrade to 5016.

I upgraded as directed.   Everything went well.  I began to check admin console, everything good.  Then changed my password from admin.  When I signed off and signed back in the console would not respond to the new password... how can I either go back to 4.xx.xx or resent the password.

Thanks in advance

Did you try admin / admin as the password again? Maybe it didn't save for some reason.

Paul

• Like 1