Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

14 hours ago, oh2bnMaine said:

Prior Issue:

Going back to the REST issue I posted the other day, I only see that error on one of my two ISY's. The one in Maine does not exhibit the following. Only the one in Florida does. I'm re-sharing the image for reference purposes.

image.png.82fa753b0144d99c7688756412734484.png

Hi Bill,

Which ISY version are you currently using, 5.0.16 or 5.0.16A?

42 minutes ago, mbam said:

Upgraded from 4.73 this AM happy to report no issues as of yet.

One comment - I liked the previous page for scenes. Was easy to see and change level & ramp for all the members in one shot.

As always thanks for the great work!

I like the old way as well. However, with being able to combine different types of devices (that require different settings), this was the best way

Any news on the Leak Sensors fix? I want to upgrade so that my Aeon Siren 6 works, but I don't want to loose my leak sensors.

If we are talking a few days, I'll wait, but if it will be longer I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade (from 5.0.15A so not a big upgrade) and revert to other methods for leak checking...

Thanks.

Edited by Niick_W
9 minutes ago, Niick_W said:

Any news on the Leak Sensors fix? I want to upgrade so that my Aeon Siren 6 works, but I don't want to loose my leak sensors.

If we are talking a few days, I'll wait, but if it will be longer I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade (from 5.0.15A so not a big upgrade) and revert to other methods for leak checking...

Thanks.

An update, 5.0.16B,  is supposed to come out next week and contain the fix for the leak sensors

I have 5.0.16 currently - and twice over the last week I’ve had to restart ISY because time based programs stopped triggering (time offset from sunset). However, I have Flood sensors likely affected by the bug. So, I’m awaiting 5.0.16B before upgrading to the latest.

Hi guys,

I moved a few months ago and i am just reinstalling everything in the new house. Decided it was time to upgrade from 4 to 5.16 and basically start from scratch. But i have noticed the following issues / quirks. They may have been discussed in a previous release comment but i am coming up empty with my searches. These issues are:

1. My Firmware says I am now on 5.0.16 but my UI still says i am at 4.7.3?  (Fixed, turns out i was using the wrong admin.jnlp)

2. When I create a scene it doesn't matter what i call it, it shows up with no name and i have to do a change name before i can use it. (Fixed)

3. Some of my devices are shown in red text. Why?

Sorry for the dumb questions. It has been so long since i set up my last house I am relearning most of it.

Edited by Darnok
1 hour ago, Darnok said:

My Firmware says I am now on 5.0.16 but my UI still says i am at 4.7.3?  (Fixed, turns out i was using the wrong admin.jnlp)

You really should be using the ISY Launcher instead of 'admin.jnlp'  See this thread:

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

Some of my devices are shown in red text. Why?

I believe the devices shown in red can be scene controllers, whereas the devices in blue can only be responders.

Is anyone having issues with changing parameters on zwave devices with batteries?  I have several motion sensors from monoprice.  Installed one on 5.0.15 and the other one last night (currently on 5.0.16).  In addition, I have many zwave devices that I use the "set configuration" to change led colors. These are wired zwave devices.

The first motion sensor: updated the parameter 1 to 1 for F instead of C.

The second motion sensor: every time I try to change the parameter, the red exclamation points show up and the ISY says that it can't communicate.  

Back to the first one: I decided to query the first motion sensor to see if I could get the values for parameter one.  This one does display in F and I did change the parameter.  It now shows up with the red exclamation points until the device communicates when it wants too.

Both devices do reset when they communicate.  I have tried to turn off the "put back to sleep" option in the zwave menu.

May be related to the new update.

Edited by Mecheng70
added 5.0.16
26 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Most zwave devices need to tap to put them into the mode needed to update them. I don't use monoprice Soni can speak for them. However with my fibaro and some sensors I have tontapnthe B button on the for them to accept changes

Ha... there is a programming button.  Didn't need to do this on the previous version.  I was able to set the parameter after clicking the program button and then query it for the current set parameter.  it seems to have accepted the change.  Many thanks.

Quick question..

Looking over the pre-requisites for Z-Wave. If you are already on 4.55 you do not need to do anything correct? I do not have any means to shift a Z-Wave controller. The ISY is my only controller for Z-Wave. 

I only have 2 Z-Wave devices.. a Schlage Connect & a Dome Water Shutoff valve

Just want to be sure I understand the procedure based on what I have. 

Thanks..

12 hours ago, sdynak said:

Quick question..

Looking over the pre-requisites for Z-Wave. If you are already on 4.55 you do not need to do anything correct? I do not have any means to shift a Z-Wave controller. The ISY is my only controller for Z-Wave. 

I only have 2 Z-Wave devices.. a Schlage Connect & a Dome Water Shutoff valve

Just want to be sure I understand the procedure based on what I have. 

Thanks..

You're correct. No interaction is required.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, sdynak said:

Thank you!

Be sure to follow the directions, especially "Do not open ‘Programs’ tab until step 2)"

Everything should go smoothly.

-------------------------------------------

Z-Wave migration from 4.x.x branch

All Z-Wave nodes will be recreated when migrating from 4.x.x. to the 5.x.x branch (they will retain the same Z-Wave address).  After the ISY has restarted with the new firmware installed:

1.  Start the Admin Console and do a Z-Wave -> Tools -> Synchronize Nodes -> All

-  Do not open ‘Programs’ tab until step 2)

-  This will add back all of the ISY nodes that were deleted at startup.

-  If you have multichannel devices, you will see more nodes added

-  After sync is complete, restart the Admin Console and go to step 2)

2.  Open the programs tab

-  Most old Z-Wave device actions/conditions are automatically converted to the 5.0 framework

-  Make sure to visually check all programs that contain Z-Wave device actions or conditions.

-  Programs containing nodes from multichannel devices will have to updated

-  Node addresses for multichannel devices change from ZW003_143 style to ZW003_002_143 (where _002_ is channel number)

-  If everything looks good, save the program changes made by the migration.

3.  Make an ISY Backup

4.  If you are missing any Z-Wave devices you may have to exclude/include them again.  For battery devices, make sure they have communications turned on and try doing a synchronize again.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Techman said:

Be sure to follow the directions, especially "Do not open ‘Programs’ tab until step 2)"

Everything should go smoothly.

Yes.. I will follow the process outlined here. Hopeful this will give me options I am looking for with scenes. Thanks again!

10 minutes ago, sdynak said:

my Dome Water valve looks like it is showing up as a Binary Switch

I have a Z-Wave Water Cop valve and it has always shown up as a binary switch.  In my setup, the status of On = Closed and Off = Open.  It does, however, operate very reliably.

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 5.48.17 PM.png

7 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

I have a Z-Wave Water Cop valve and it has always shown up as a binary switch.  In my setup, the status of On = Closed and Off = Open.  It does, however, operate very reliably.

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 5.48.17 PM.png

I do see this may be ok as it seems my programs for the valve all reference it also... I'm trying to see why my lock is missing. That is bothering me a bit. All my lock programs look broke. 

This was one where it would lock the door at 10PM .. 

Front Door Lock - [ID 001D][Parent 006E]

If
        Time is 10:00:00PM
    And Status (Old) <Not Specified> is null

Then
        Response type 10

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Edited by sdynak

Other than the Schlage lock and Dome water valve name change (no biggie) everything seems to be ok after grooming through programs and disabling some that were not enabled. I made a list before the upgrade and also copied the programs folder to a text file to refer back to. 

I would prefer to not have to start from scratch for the Schlage Z-Wave lock. Are there options at this point to bring things back or do I just have to add it again and fix/rebuild my lock programs? 

Would downgrading and trying again be worth while? I did follow the synchronize Z-Wave nodes & restart console before going into program tabs during the upgrade. 

49 minutes ago, sdynak said:

Other than the Schlage lock and Dome water valve name change (no biggie) everything seems to be ok after grooming through programs and disabling some that were not enabled. I made a list before the upgrade and also copied the programs folder to a text file to refer back to. 

I would prefer to not have to start from scratch for the Schlage Z-Wave lock. Are there options at this point to bring things back or do I just have to add it again and fix/rebuild my lock programs? 

Would downgrading and trying again be worth while? I did follow the synchronize Z-Wave nodes & restart console before going into program tabs during the upgrade. 

That sounds like more work and a recipe for disaster. There is a greater chance of introducing more problems over 1 device than fixing what you have now. Besides ZX there's no guarantee that would even if nothing else happens

Create a folder and put the programs in that which include the lock. You can also take a picture of the programs instead to know what what you need to fix.