Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

2 hours ago, jjd said:

Ah - then there SHOULD be a table that includes the HW options....matrix....

There comes a point where too much irrelevant information is provided. People don't even read whats available now but time should be spent on more information that no one will look at. Why waste time? Especially for something that rarely gets upgraded if ever.

Edited by lilyoyo1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, RichTJ99 said:

Hi - is there a UI upgrade file also?  I am using a 4.6 or 4.7 Ui.  

Yes see first page of this post for directions, step 7 under Install.  it should be 5.16b to match the firmware.,

Install:

1.  Backup your ISY (File | Backup ISY)  - Do not backup from a version 3.1.6, or 4.1.1 system (there were bugs in those versions that caused the backup to be corrupted)

2.  Make sure you have done everything in the Prerequisites section

3.  Download firmware

-  ISY 994i Series including Z-Wave support

-  ISY 994i ZW, Z, or ZS Series (Z-Wave/Zigbee and/or if you do NOT have a PLM)

4.  Login to the Admin Console and choose Help | Manually Upgrade [the name of your system]

5.  Choose the file downloaded in step 3

6.  After the upgrade, You must clear your Java Cache

7.  Launch the 5.0.16 Admin Console and/or Dashboard by going to the following link:

-  https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

• Like 1
On 1/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, steveschwartz said:

I recently received my polisy pro and so i need to upgrade my isy so i can start using it...

Need some help / guidance..    I tried this upgrade from the 4.7.3 release, zwave 4.55..  but i had the following problems and rolled back.  can anyone give me some advice to mitigate them, or do i just have to manually record all of this before i start and then fix all of these things:

1. zwave devices were brought back after the synchronize, but without names, just by ID numbers... i have a LOT of devices, so manually naming them all again would be painful

2. all of my scenes were empty, it appears i would need to manually re-add devices to them again, i'm not sure what else this might break since they are referenced by other devices and cloud services

3. i have the elk connectivity in place, all of my elk devices were gone and thus programs which related to them were broken when i tried reimporting them

4. my notification emails configuration was gone, so was my email service config

thankfully, the device has a very clean recovery process, i downgraded the firmware back to 4.7.3 and reapplied my backup and the only thing that didn't recover was my email server information, so i was back in service again fairly quickly.

before i experiment again, i figured i would reach out to all of you for hopefully a cleaner path to upgrade.  i'm excited to start messing with my polisy pro....

THANKS!

bump...
anyone have any thoughts on my problem?

@steveschwartz I recently upgraded and did not have any of these problems.. did you do a back up of the zwave per the admin console and then a restore? Mine worked fine.

This thread in the beginning, along with several other posts (mineincluded) show the step by step and tips to make this go smoothly. I followed them and had no problems

Edited by dbwarner5

@dbwarner5  i did a backup of the isy before i started, that's why i was able to restore it back when i had all of these problems, i'm not upgrading the zwave module, it is already 4.55, which is good because i don't own a second zwave control device to transfer primary to...  but anyhow, not needed for this.

i followed the step by step at the beginning of this thread, the list i posted is what happened when I did so.

i did the firmware upgrade, did the zwave synchronize, which brought back the devices by number but with no names.. and scenes were empty

tried one time to continue the process and let the programs update, but many were broken

tried one time to actually restore my old back up on top of this, just to see what would happen, yeah that wasn't wise, so i reset and rolled back again

and tried one more time to manually rename all of the zwave devices back to their correct names before clicking on programs, that took a long time and didn't make anything work better

between each attempt above, i rolled back firmware, restored my backup, and manually had to re-add email config which for some reason doesn't come back from the backup.  then i tried again...

On 1/14/2020 at 10:37 AM, Bumbershoot said:

Just for clarity, the back up for z-wave is a separate step than the back up for the isy, of which I never knew before I did this upgrade. In the admin console, under z-wave, go down to tools / backup. I did a full, then a did restore afterwards and all was great. After the upgrade to 5.16b, I then restored the z-wave. Cant remember now if I for sure had to repopulate all the names, but probably did. sorry for that. 

In checking my prep documents, I did have two things I did that if I did have to rename my z-wave devices that helped. The first was "generate topography" under tools. This will give an alphabetical listing of all your devices. But the second which was easier, was to click on  my lighting in the Main panel. Then click on the column Address to sort the table by the address which puts all the ZW- devices at the bottom, of which I took a screen shot of. This gave me the roadmap to rename everything the same and all worked. I dont remember having to redo programs or scenes. 

sorry cant be more helpful than that. see screen shots..Good luck.

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 2.56.07 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 9.28.11 AM.jpg

On 11/11/2019 at 2:00 PM, paulbates said:

There was a user that brought up several times that locative does not work on V5 sans portal. Not sure what happened with that. Like Simplextech, I used locative with the ISY portal for a long time and it works well. Recently switched to android so I'm going to install the ISY android geofence app.

Paul

That was me.  I had to go back to v4.7.3 because of the incompatibility.  I haven't heard anything new on the forum that might suggest Locative now works with V5 sans Portal but I have some free time on this coming holiday weekend and may try it out.  I did however recently purchase Portal since I am now delving into Alexa which is so far so good.  BTW I am not forwarding ports even without Portal.  I'm using a reverse proxy. 

I have tried endlessly to add an Open/Close Sensor V.00 2843-222 to a scene.  I always get "TCP client request failed [FYP:403]". 

Device had previously been in this same scene (and in fact still controls the scene even though it's not in it any longer).  I'm just trying to clean up my ISY so it properly shows as being part of the scene. 

- ISY994i V 5.0.16A and V 5.0.16B

- Open/Close Sensor is blinking in "set mode" as expected

- The Open/Close Sensor communicates very well (the light turns on every time I open the door, and turns off every time I shut the door). 

- ISY updates On/Off status when the door is opened or closed (Any chance this can be changed to Open & Closed instead of On/Off?)

- It is also within 5 feet of several Insteon dual-band devices.

Edited by CJVann
On 10/11/2019 at 9:00 AM, Chris Jahn said:

-      Upgrading from an ISY 4.x version to this version may require a lot of manual intervention including verifying scenes, programs and program settings are correct.  The 5.x ISY firmware and the data files it uses has changed drastically from 4.x.

Is there a page that summarizes all of the changes (and new features) in 5.0?  I've only found individual discussions, and would be really interesting to have a list of differences.  I figured out that status conditions are interpreted differently (I prefer the new implementation, I thought the 4.x implementation of status conditions was a bug) but would like to know anything I missed or if there are new features in programs I can take advantage of.

The release notes have a link to the wiki and specifically the variables page.  But that doesn't seem to have any updated content.

Would help if the instructions mention specifically that you need to manually save the programs after the update runs.

With that said, everything appears to be working fine after an hour or so of work, and the motion sensor v2 that I set up is working fine.

Thanks,

Bruce

Apologies if this has been previously reported...

As shown in the graphics below, the "my lighting" folder contains the buttons "Query, All On, and All Off" in the folder window.  These buttons are functional. 

The folder windows also contain the "Query, All On, and All Off" button.  They are not functional in any of the folders.

The folder All On/All Off would be useful in determining which modules have the Insteon fix to NOT Respond to a ALL On/All Off.

Windows 10 Running 5.0.16C

190258763_MyLighting.thumb.png.4ceb23c34fc627307d99f4ceb949573e.png

Folder.thumb.png.2252137f7c9b5002a3e1fa4bd643b342.png

This may or may not be a "C" related issue.  However I now have open/close sensors that are not updating as in they show "Open" as ON when they are Closed.  Something is not updating correctly or maybe it's just a Insteon Sensor mess with these newer open/close sensors.  I've always had minor issues with them not updating correctly so it may not be a FW related item but I thought I'd put it out there in case others have similar issues.

I have been having this issue for a while now (at least going back to 16A).

I'm about ready to give up on the open/close sensors. I installed some new ones and they work for a week or two. Then they stop working reliably or at all. 

I haven't tried to get them fixed, so I'm curious what people say is the solution!

10 minutes ago, oh2bnMaine said:

I have been having this issue for a while now (at least going back to 16A).

I'm about ready to give up on the open/close sensors. I installed some new ones and they work for a week or two. Then they stop working reliably or at all. 

I haven't tried to get them fixed, so I'm curious what people say is the solution!

I'm about a year into the new open/close sensors and I've had nothing but problems with them from the very beginning... I'm looking for alternatives.  I don't want to go z-wave and litter the house with plugs just to have a mesh so I'm really debating installing an ELK panel just to have ELK wireless sensors.  Problem is that's a high cost going blind without having some to verify and make sure they work reliably and consistent.  I want below 1 second response time and reliable if the door is open or closed I want to know so I can run my programs and not have to guess or see on my dashboard that something is showing open when I know it's closed which then screws up the programs.

3 hours ago, IndyMike said:

Apologies if this has been previously reported...

As shown in the graphics below, the "my lighting" folder contains the buttons "Query, All On, and All Off" in the folder window.  These buttons are functional. 

The folder windows also contain the "Query, All On, and All Off" button.  They are not functional in any of the folders.

The folder All On/All Off would be useful in determining which modules have the Insteon fix to NOT Respond to a ALL On/All Off.

Windows 10 Running 5.0.16C

190258763_MyLighting.thumb.png.4ceb23c34fc627307d99f4ceb949573e.png

Folder.thumb.png.2252137f7c9b5002a3e1fa4bd643b342.png

This does not address your specific request but any device produced after 2014 should be void of any ALL ON commands within the hardware.

PROBLEMS with 5.0.16C after upgrade

1. Upon opening admin console I got an Zwave error message showing an Insteon address. I have no idea what the message is referring to.

2. On several of my programs an Insteon address was replaced by another Insteon address ( IOLinc was replaced with an ON/OFF module address)

38 minutes ago, simplextech said:

I'm about a year into the new open/close sensors and I've had nothing but problems with them from the very beginning... I'm looking for alternatives.  I don't want to go z-wave and litter the house with plugs just to have a mesh so I'm really debating installing an ELK panel just to have ELK wireless sensors.  Problem is that's a high cost going blind without having some to verify and make sure they work reliably and consistent.  I want below 1 second response time and reliable if the door is open or closed I want to know so I can run my programs and not have to guess or see on my dashboard that something is showing open when I know it's closed which then screws up the programs.

Interesting idea. As someone below mentions, response time might suffer. I still hold out hope that there's something that will "fix" the reliability of the Insteon open/close sensors. 

I have long-term plans to build my own ELK security system, but I'm not ready to start that project yet. I have plenty of other projects in front of that one.