Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

I'm using Somfy with ZRTSI and the only option you need to use is the Motor Control node. The mulstilevel switch node does correctly display in 5.0.16C.

However I'm having issues with the Aeotec Smart Switch 6.  The ISY sometimes incorrectly displays its status, and a device query doesn't seem to correct the displayed status. I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this problem.

Edited by Techman

I would like to thank @Michel Kohanim and the rest of the UDI team for this latest firmware release. I know there are still some speed bumps that several people are still encountering, but I am convinced they will all be resolved soon. When I started using the ISY, I had several applications that required Motion Sensors. The first Motion Sensors I installed were MS I and they basically met all me expectations. I have several applications that require lights to be turned on at night, but not during the day. MS I fulfilled these needs. I also soon learned quite a bit about light sensitivity. When I needed more additional Motion Sensors, the MS II was now the available sensor on the market. I did try some refurbished MS I on the secondary market, but quality was not there. Unfortunately, MS II was not yet in the firmware so one was "forced" to install them as a MS I. They did sense motion, but the Day/Night feature was not functional. I wrote a program to not activate the lights during daylight hours, but the sensor was still working and draining the battery power. My battery budget went up a little since the manufacturer also decide a different battery type was necessary rather than the trusty 9V (which everyone usually have on hand due to smoke detectors). So, the new and latest firmware release solved that problem and is saving me money in the battery budget. I know there are other features of the MS II that the firmware recognizes and I am looking forward to using sometime in the future. Thanks again and keep up the good work. 

• Like 2

Just an update to my issues with a program turning on a scene with a Balance Dimmer.

I have tried adding another light to the scene and the light will turn on and off according to the program while the Balance Dimmer sometimes will not turn on or off.

I have delayed the program by 5 minutes before sunrise and after sunset. Still get the same result of the Balance Dimmer randomly not turning on or off.

So far with my current test it is working fine but I just dont like how its setup. Here is the current working program.

I have set the local ramp rate for the Ballance Dimmer to 8 minutes. In the program I am directly controlling the Balance dimmer and not a scene.

BirdLight - [ID 004E][Parent 0001]

If
        From    Sunrise
        To      Sunset  (same day)

Then
        Set 'InlineDevices / BD-BirdLight' On

Else
        Set 'InlineDevices / BD-BirdLight' Off

So far this setup turns on the light over 8 minutes and turns off over 8 minutes.

All the switches that control the Balance Dimmer are set to a faster ramp rate and seem to work fine.

Doing it this way seems messy to me but seems to work. I thought I might have issues with the switches controlling the Balance Dimmer but it looks like it accepts the ramp rate of the switches instead of using the local ramp rate.

If anyone has any suggestions to try to get the program working with a scene instead of directly controlling it I will be willing to try them. With that said I still have other programs that control scenes at sunrise and sunset as well as different times or conditions and all the devices work fine in their scenes.

13 hours ago, vavaroutsos said:

@Techman, I don't get Motror Control nodes for the ZRTSi with 5.0.16.c. All I get is Multilevel Switch for the 16 RTSi devices and one Controller for the ZRTSi itself. With previous 4.X.X firmware I did get Motor Control nodes.

You should have the motor control nodes in 5.0.16C.  Try doing  Zwave network heal. If that doesn't work then you may have to remove and reinstall the ZRTSI

Somfy motor.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Small item, that has been happening for the last couple of versions.

When I create a new state variable, give it a name, and set the init value.  The only think that saves is the name, it discards the value I set for init.  

Additional detail, it works as expected only, if you set the value in the Init, and click the save, if you click anywhere else on the application, like back on the Name field and click save it ignores the Init value.

Expected behavior would be that it would save the init value, and set the value to that initial value.

Edited by toddhutch

I have been watching the progress of Release 5 for a long time.  I now have the time to do it.  I realize this is a big upgrade and the release is not yet official but it is now an RC, not Beta.

I have 2 homes both running an ISY994i on 4.7.3 and have been with UD since they started - I helped debug the ISY26 back in 2007!  I am cautious of the R5 upgrade so am considering buying an extra ISY994i and using that as a test bed. All controlled devices are Insteon although I do use X10 to trigger my Ademco alarm system.  I have the weather module on one ISY441i.

I assume that shipping ISY994i's come with 4.7.3 on them, so I would just restore my backup to that, replace the current one with it and start the upgrade.  Is there an impact on my Insteon devices that will prevent me from reinstalling the original ISY994i if the upgrade fails? is there a residual network effect on Insteon devices? My approach would be to swap the ISY's in & out until I am happy with the release 5 one.  The I leave it in and move on to the next house.

Thanks

1 hour ago, larryllix said:

nodeserver to order toilet paper

You are not so far of reality as you may think. I have resolved this scarcity with Toto....... and I welcome a nodeserver to link my Toto to ISY, with all kind of   benefits;  lights, fan........ and lots imaginary tasks.

Edited by asbril
1 minute ago, asbril said:

Not exactly, but I will leave this as it is before getting into murky territory.

It's already murky :)

This is the link as posted:

https://www.supply.com/toto-s550e-elongated-bidet-seat-sw3056at40-01-cotton-white-with-remote-control/p2254456?campaignid=8195407385&adgroupid=85690516558&adid=426339188604&gclid=Cj0KCQjw09HzBRDrARIsAG60GP_3SDt3qmI86CZVNLqBjmstXZyOVv-lkVgXZJkFHQqwFBcStk7EqHQaAmyaEALw_wcB

so is this for the elongated bidet seat... or for the fancy remote control for it?  And a bidet with a remote??? ummm??? and why would you want a nodeserver for this??? that's just evil! ;)

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, simplextech said:

It's already murky :)

This is the link as posted:

https://www.supply.com/toto-s550e-elongated-bidet-seat-sw3056at40-01-cotton-white-with-remote-control/p2254456?campaignid=8195407385&adgroupid=85690516558&adid=426339188604&gclid=Cj0KCQjw09HzBRDrARIsAG60GP_3SDt3qmI86CZVNLqBjmstXZyOVv-lkVgXZJkFHQqwFBcStk7EqHQaAmyaEALw_wcB

so is this for the elongated bidet seat... or for the fancy remote control for it?  And a bidet with a remote??? ummm??? and why would you want a nodeserver for this??? that's just evil! ;)

Same call us, here is our phone number  bait. Maybe the IP wall went up. :)

7 hours ago, mgreene said:

I assume that shipping ISY994i's come with 4.7.3 on them, so I would just restore my backup to that, replace the current one with it and start the upgrade.  

You may want to verify this before making a purchase with the company you are purchasing from. It was a while ago but I seem to recall someone getting a new ISY994i and it shipped with v5 firmware.

7 minutes ago, DennisC said:

You may want to verify this before making a purchase with the company you are purchasing from. It was a while ago but I seem to recall someone getting a new ISY994i and it shipped with v5 firmware.

I don't think v4 can support the polisy or polyglot that is taking over ISY.

On 3/1/2020 at 8:17 PM, jaygroh said:

If anyone has any suggestions to try to get the program working with a scene instead of directly controlling it I will be willing to try them.

Not sure if you're still working this issue, but everything you've posted suggested that there is a communication problem between the ISY/PLM and the Balance Dimmer light.  When you send a single device On/Off, I believe the PLM uses Insteon retries if it doesn't get an acknowledgement from the device.  I know for certain that when you send scene On/Off, the PLM does not attempt any retries.  And definitely device to device (e.g. switch to Balance Dimmer) communication uses retries.

You should open the Event Viewer and set the level to 3 and then try having your program control the light, both as a single device and then as within a scene).  That should give you some idea about what kind of communication is going on between the PLM and the Balance Dimmer.

19 hours ago, mgreene said:

I have been watching the progress of Release 5 for a long time.  I now have the time to do it.  I realize this is a big upgrade and the release is not yet official but it is now an RC, not Beta.

I have 2 homes both running an ISY994i on 4.7.3 and have been with UD since they started - I helped debug the ISY26 back in 2007!  I am cautious of the R5 upgrade so am considering buying an extra ISY994i and using that as a test bed. All controlled devices are Insteon although I do use X10 to trigger my Ademco alarm system.  I have the weather module on one ISY441i.

I assume that shipping ISY994i's come with 4.7.3 on them, so I would just restore my backup to that, replace the current one with it and start the upgrade.  Is there an impact on my Insteon devices that will prevent me from reinstalling the original ISY994i if the upgrade fails? is there a residual network effect on Insteon devices? My approach would be to swap the ISY's in & out until I am happy with the release 5 one.  The I leave it in and move on to the next house.

Thanks

You're introducing complexity into something which most likely will cause you more issues than simply upgrading one and working out the kinks that way.

There are enough upgrade stories that should give you an idea of what to look for and how to easily fix (especially since you only have insteon). Read a few of them and you'll see. Trying to buy a new isy not only ways your money, but wastes your time setting up as well as adding unnecessary complexity which will make troubleshooting even worse

Edited by lilyoyo1
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, mgreene said:

Thanks for the advice.  Now I know that new ISY994i's ship with R5 that rules out the testbed approach.  I guess I just have to go with the upgrade path.  I really want to get to R5 with all it offers.  Also saves me getting another ISY.

You can always downgrade the the new ISY to a lower firmware for your testing.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:41 AM, kclenden said:

Not sure if you're still working this issue, but everything you've posted suggested that there is a communication problem between the ISY/PLM and the Balance Dimmer light.  When you send a single device On/Off, I believe the PLM uses Insteon retries if it doesn't get an acknowledgement from the device.  I know for certain that when you send scene On/Off, the PLM does not attempt any retries.  And definitely device to device (e.g. switch to Balance Dimmer) communication uses retries.

You should open the Event Viewer and set the level to 3 and then try having your program control the light, both as a single device and then as within a scene).  That should give you some idea about what kind of communication is going on between the PLM and the Balance Dimmer.

The way I have it setup now by having the program directly access the Balance Dimmer instead of controlling the scene seems to be working 100%.

I may try your suggestion later this summer just to confirm your suggestion. The only thing that would puzzle me now is why just the Balance Dimmer in a scene is having the issue? Why do all my other scenes work from a program?

I'm hoping to buy at least one more Balance Dimmer this year. I hope smarthome has another summer sale so I can finish off my whole house and garage.

I just upgraded from version 4 to this latest version. Overall, not terrible. I had to manually sync all the zwave devices again and manually press the buttons on all the insteon leak detectors to get them to show. The schlage lock didn't show, until I manually locked the door, and it showed. Spent about 25 minutes updating all programs and such.

I have been having problems with my Z Wave network.  In the Z-Wave prerequisites section it says
If you have not already done so, please ensure your Z-Wave firmware is 4.55 (Z-Wave | Advanced | Z-Wave Firmware Version). If not, you will need to upgrade the Z-Wave firmware to 4.55:
If you have not already done so, please ensure your Z-Wave firmware is 4.55 (Z-Wave | Advanced | Z-Wave Firmware Version). If not, you will need to upgrade the Z-Wave firmware to 4.55:

when I look, the screen says:

Library Static Controller

Z Wave Version 6.81 (not 4.55)

Bootloader Version 0.00

When I go toZ-Wave tab, I do not have a line to shift control to another controller.

What is the problem?