Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

17 minutes ago, MrBill said:

@Teken

So this thread made me go look at the full version of the manual.   which makes no mention of the jumper block.

and then I had to walk around an inspect most of my 2843-222's  which are version 1.b date code 3815.  

the user manual doesn't mention the jumper block, although in the picture I can see where it was on the board, by the 38th week of 2015 it is just unused holes on the board.

Checking the admin console, all of my have the closed node, but I've never used that and wonder in what conditions it becomes useful?

Extra credit:  I just ordered some 2342's during the sale and had them on my desk to link today.... the date codes seem reversed v2.0 1921.... i wonder why?  especially since after the 19th week of 2021 that will become confusing.....

Its been so long I may get this wrong so bare with me. The black jumper enabled a secondary feature which was rarely ever used by people. For the life of me it had to do with offering a different way as to how the sensor would react / perform when the jumper was removed?!? Regardless, Smartlabs removed that feature as you can see because there is simply two holes in the board.

As to why the date code is printed that way - moron!

If you have been a customer of Smartlabs / Smarthome you will have seen no less than eight different ways these idiots have *Tried* to indicate the production date. The reason why this is such a heated issue is because (IF) and when you try to make a warranty claim. If the support staff is new he / she would quickly deny the same due to the fact the production date could be misconstrue to be another year and be 999999999999999 years out of warranty! 

1 minute ago, Teken said:

If you have been a customer of Smartlabs / Smarthome you will have seen no less than eight different ways these idiots have *Tried* to indicate the production date.

Interesting... I've never really paid much attention to the date codes, except involving fanlinc's where I was having issue at one point.

a date code of 1921 will certainly be ambiguous soon! 

2 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Interesting... I've never really paid much attention to the date codes, except involving fanlinc's where I was having issue at one point.

a date code of 1921 will certainly be ambiguous soon! 

How about receiving a piece of hardware that says 0100 in in the 1990's!! 01 could be the first week or month but there is no way to understand what 00 is?!? Now, if you said this part came in the 2000's - OK, that could easily seen as 2000. But there is no freaking 00 week, and you can't have 00 in 199X!

Don't ask me how I know this would be a sh^t show later on . . . 

3 hours ago, Teken said:

Its been so long I may get this wrong so bare with me. The black jumper enabled a secondary feature which was rarely ever used by people. For the life of me it had to do with offering a different way as to how the sensor would react / perform when the jumper was removed?!? Regardless, Smartlabs removed that feature as you can see because there is simply two holes in the board.

As to why the date code is printed that way - moron!

If you have been a customer of Smartlabs / Smarthome you will have seen no less than eight different ways these idiots have *Tried* to indicate the production date. The reason why this is such a heated issue is because (IF) and when you try to make a warranty claim. If the support staff is new he / she would quickly deny the same due to the fact the production date could be misconstrue to be another year and be 999999999999999 years out of warranty! 

I've never seen them ask for the date code when it came to warranty claims. Unless something has changed, they've generally gone by when bought and from where. 

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I've never seen them ask for the date code when it came to warranty claims. Unless something has changed, they've generally gone by when bought and from where. 

Going off rough memory there were a couple barriers a decade ago which I vaguely recall was their new database, new guy, and production sticker. This was similar to the tac switch issue where at the time the company had this mentality of deny everything until it exploded into the public domain. There people who worked the phones that should have never been allowed to be customer facing.

It's like they took the warranty claim personally and made me feel like I was taking food out of their child's mouth?!? 

On any other day probably - LOL . . . 

1 hour ago, Teken said:

Going off rough memory there were a couple barriers a decade ago which I vaguely recall was their new database, new guy, and production sticker. This was similar to the tac switch issue where at the time the company had this mentality of deny everything until it exploded into the public domain. There people who worked the phones that should have never been allowed to be customer facing.

It's like they took the warranty claim personally and made me feel like I was taking food out of their child's mouth?!? 

There was a time in the late 90's and early 00's that I sent alot of stuff back, as i recall it was never a hassle, but we were a 'smarthomepro.com' dealer then a bought a shit of of X10 from them.  I know we probably returned stuff that technically didn't qualify for return but they never complained (we bought alot of units back then tho).

On the other hand, over in this post, I told the story of a lightning damaged 2466SW.  When I called (probably in 2016) to return that (it was probably 6 months old) they wanted to "troubleshoot" on the phone before they would give me an RMA.   I told them it had already been uninstalled, and all the steps I had gone thru.  He wanted me to re-install it, so that "we could troubleshoot it together on the phone".  I finally hooked it up to an extension cord pig-tail and asked what to do next.  The ISY (he was new, he had to ask someone if an ISY was compatible) wouldn't find/re-add it and he then told me I actually needed to re-install it in the wall box and connected to the fan so that the ISY could find it.   At that point think i requested talking to someone else, who gave me an RMA without much more hassle.   At that point the 2466SW and the 2477S were the same retail price, I tried to get them to replace the 2466SW with the 2477SW but they refused that. 

52 minutes ago, grumpy said:

@MrBill

Manual explaining jumper and other functions involved.Advanced External Sensor Use, multi scenes

https://www.insteon.com.au/manuals/2843-222.pdf

More recent modules may be different

thanks!! that's interesting, I see why the close node could be useful in some cases.   I just use the open node in my simple closet switch installations tho.  the hardware (at least the US hardware) has changed tho.

I have two 2843-222 manuals.

The earlier version used the jumper. Jumper installed. It sent a on command when it opened and off command when it closed. Jumper off. Activate Scene 1 when opened and activate Scene 2 when closed.  Cycle power to read jumper status after a change. Also did not have the external Set Button on the top cover and you had to remove the cover to use the Set Button.

Later manual for version 1.9 and above. It does not show any function for the jumper. It also has the external set  button on the top cover. It does say you can set the scene 1 and scene 2 operation through software.

My 4614 Rev 1.B has a different PCB in it than both my manuals show. Does not even have a place where a jumper could be installed. I believe that they may have changed the code format again. Maybe too many of us figured out the previous ones.

Edited by Brian H
Add some information
1 hour ago, Teken said:

I know it hasn't been that way for say least 10 years. Thank God they changed it

5.0.16C rc1
overboard limits !
12 minutes and 999 seconds ?
Somewhere this could, in my opinion, cause a glitch.
bug or no bug reported?
Untitled-02.jpg.44e8a124c27ccfd08a023d1a6e2f9b00.jpg

Saw this and was curious. Did you choose that setting? Do you have 999 seconds to see if it works in that timeframe? It’s only 16.65 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently have an ISY with the zwave add-on. It is currently running the 4.7.3 firmware with the 4.7.5 UI. When I had attempted to upgrade to the 4.7.5 firmware I got the following message "Upgrade Failed:Failed uploading file (reported written size is invalid). I tried this on several occasions with the same results, downloading a new copy of the upgrade each time.

I should mention that my desktop is the latest version of the Mac Mini with version 10.15.5 of the macOS. I initially attempted this with an old Mac Mini with an older macOS, always getting the same results.

Today I finally decided to upgrade to ISY firmware version 5.0.16C and I am getting the same results. I'm stumped and unable to upgrade my ISY.

30928638_ScreenShot2020-06-12at9_57_54AM.png.8033ae822834ea243ebb50dcc38e221c.png 

686110131_ScreenShot2020-06-12at10_11_15AM.png.269ea0cc4271b4c6b2c1f40f8aaf545c.png

I have removed Avast, I will reinstall later, from my Mac and rebooted and I'm still getting the same problem. As near as I can tell, the SD is good, I was able to do the backups that I've seen posted to check it. I'm at a real loss here. By the way, I have AT&T gig service and their equipment, in IP-Passthru, and a eero router.

Edited by hthomson48
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a problem with the ISY (running 5.0.16C) or one of my insteon devices, but I just tried to solve a problem where my remotelinc was not controlling one of three devices (an Insteon LED bulb) in four scenes (a, b, c, and d assigned to different scenes.  It was setting this bulb to 100% in all scenes, though it was only 100% in a.)   I tried restoring both the remotelinc and the bulb but no changes.  I removed and re-added the bulb to each scene, no improvements.  I factory reset the remote linc then restored it, no change.  I finally removed and re-added the remotelinc as a controller for the scenes, and that finally fixed the problem.  

Bruce

Edited by Bruce L
24 minutes ago, Techman said:

When I log into the admin console I get  the following message. Has the climate module been discontinued or is a bug that's related to the earlier firmware version 4.8.0

I've been running 5.0.16C for quite a while.

Message.jpg

EOL email was sent out to all registered customers more than a month ago and also last week. 

27 minutes ago, Techman said:

Never received the notice. Is there a replacement other than the node server?

No, the company is transitioning all climate / weather features via Polyglot Node Servers. Those who purchased the Climate Module will be provided various levels of free ISY Portal subscriptions to lessen the pain. As of this writing there isn't a clean irrigation solution as of yet. Having said that there are no less than five weather related Node Servers offered by our amazing forum members.

Members have really two options for hosting Polyglot: ISY Portal, Raspberry Pi or Polyisy

The greatest benefit of the Node Server weather offerings is real time hyper local measurements which can be acted upon by the ISY Series Controller. Receiving weather data from stations which are dozen to hundred of miles at 30 minute intervals is less than ideal.

7 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello all,

Sincere apologies to those who didn't receive the email. Please note that have pretty granular notifications that you can subscribe to/unsubscribe from in your account. If you have not done so, please do login to your account, make sure your email address is correct + make sure notification settings are those that you are interested int.

With kind regards,
Michel

Hi Michel,

I got the Weather Module notice, so I don't know which category that falls under.  However, I try to select all 5 options, but after it saves, 2 of the options are shown as unchecked.

• Product News & Announcements
  • Beta Firmware Announcements

Thought you should know.  (I do receive a confirmation email that my account was updated, so something is happening.)

ISY_Newletters.thumb.jpg.0d241b14268954204a2a921c39ff5716.jpg

On 6/28/2020 at 2:00 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello all,

Sincere apologies to those who didn't receive the email. Please note that have pretty granular notifications that you can subscribe to/unsubscribe from in your account. If you have not done so, please do login to your account, make sure your email address is correct + make sure notification settings are those that you are interested int.

With kind regards,
Michel

I don't yet have a portal account. When I try to log into the temporary portal option using my admin console credentials It's rejected.